ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
How does it sound & drive like,before & after decat?
I've always had a decat mate, it's just that the flange was all bodged on the manifold so was blowing really badly and also cracked at the back.

It feels better now it's not blowing but can't comment on how it compares to cat. Not run one in ages and never with this system!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is it you selling the miltek decat on eBay?

I just bought it, now to hope it fits my exhaust [emoji23]
It is! It's in the for sale section on here. Should have bought it through cs to save me some fees but nevermind ??

What exhaust system you running?

Megane 250
It is! It's in the for sale section on here. Should have bought it through cs to save me some fees but nevermind [emoji51][emoji3]

What exhaust system you running?

It was a spur of the moment thing! And I was in a strop

I just had my new exhaust dropped off which is a scorpion and I believed it was a 2.5” system. Which is it.

But he’s had the centre silencer cut out and the olive change to a slip joint like miltek, so my decat won’t fit, quick eBay and yours should do being a slip fit.

Measured after I bought and the pipe they’ve welded in is 2.25” and not 2.5” like the rest [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603] so gonna have to find a way to make it fit or sell it on.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
It was a spur of the moment thing! And I was in a strop

I just had my new exhaust dropped off which is a scorpion and I believed it was a 2.5” system. Which is it.

But he’s had the centre silencer cut out and the olive change to a slip joint like miltek, so my decat won’t fit, quick eBay and yours should do being a slip fit.

Measured after I bought and the pipe they’ve welded in is 2.25” and not 2.5” like the rest [emoji1751]‍[emoji3603] so gonna have to find a way to make it fit or sell it on.
That's odd, they've just made their lives difficult.... so it steps up to 2.5" onto the rear backbox section?

If you want a refund on that decat I can send you one mate! Although 2.5" centre sections come up for scorpion systems fairly regularly!

Pm me if you'd like.

Megane 250
That's odd, they've just made their lives difficult.... so it steps up to 2.5" onto the rear backbox section?

If you want a refund on that decat I can send you one mate! Although 2.5" centre sections come up for scorpion systems fairly regularly!

Pm me if you'd like.

Thank you mate, but I’ll still take it, worst case I’ll sell it on! Auctions ended and all now!

Yeah, so instead of the olive section it’s got a slip joint, that part is then 2.25” where the silencer would be, then it jumps upto a 2.5” pipe and then the backbox section is as it should be.

6fe64ebe8ac2b0f9d618c4079edea001.jpg

Can get a brand new centre for £95 on eBay, and like you say, they pipe up 2nd hand all the time, not massively concerned if I’m honest, just makes the exhaust not as cheap as I’d have liked. But it’s all good. My mate who I bought it off didn’t know it was a different size pipe either lol

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Swapped over the washer jets for those Alfa mist ones and annoyed I havnt done it sooner! They're loads better and it's literally a 2 minute job to change. They've been sat in my parts pile for a while as I put it off thinking I had to remove sound deadening lol.

Actually clean the whole screen really well now.

20181216_145634.jpg

Quick picture of the unfinished bay but should look good when I do the engine mounts properly. Had no time!

20181216_145553.jpg

Also been having an issue with slightly rough running and the car revving itself when coming to a stop (clutch down revs come up at slow speed).

Swapped over the precat lambda with a genuine lambda (but may be having issues with this too, will explain later!) Noticed it was none genuine and just a generic eBay one so glad I swapped it.

20181216_111103.jpg

Whilst I was there I also loosened off the decat and engine mounts and shifted the engine forward slightly before retightening.

20181216_111548.jpg

Did improve things and gear changes are much nicer. However the blip is still there!

Went over to see @bloke who worked his magic and plugged it into clip to check live data. Everything seemed normal but the lambda is graphing quite slowly so I'm going to just buy a brand new genuine one. This was only meant to be 200 miles old but it's obviously not right. I'd rather change it for peace of mind especially whilst the lambda isn't seized up (Used a dob of copper slip when refitting).

He also fitted my braided HEL lines, fluid refresh with ATE200 and new brembo hc discs at the front/genuine renault rears and PBS pads all round. Did some bedding in on the motorway home and tried not to touch them to let them cool! One of the front nipples snapped but Carl swapped it over with one of his parts ones so I didn't have to wait around! Top guy, cheers mate!
Can't wait to drive the car in anger when the weather allows.

@Niall also popped round, shame my car was so filthy but was a good catchup

20181222_154054.jpg

That's all for now, will grab some photos of the new lines etc when I get chance.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
had to wait before i left as i thought three pb cars all pulling out together could look a bit sad ?
Hahaha, sounded like a photo opportunity to me ?
You'll have to take me out in that boosted BG! Niall said it goes mint

dan's cast offs.
will have a dci box back in it in a few weeks, got given one that we threw in to see how it was with the ratios but it was a piece of shite and the diff shat itself amongst other things with it.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
What size spacers you running dude? Just picked up a set of 2118’s and think they will need spacers to look good like yours. ??

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Fitted another brand new genuine lambda after Carl said the other was graphing slowly. Fingers crossed it solves my issue!
Noticed the exhaust clamp on the decat wasn't on properly too so straightened that up and retightened, my fault.
20190106_111407.jpg

Also did a buy on another 182 that I'm going to clean up and tinker with. Not going to go extreme on it, just making it look a little fresher.

20190105_155452.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Pumped up the tyres, offside rear had gotten down to 16.5 psi whereas all others were 29?? Going to check tomorrow for any nails. Hope I find none...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
All checked and some suspicious looking parts of the tyre where it is split. Unsure if there's metal in it but I've not had them go down and nothing was shown with the water and washing up liquid test. Will keep an eye on them.

Also developed a knocking noise at low speed and when stationary turning the wheel. Will investigate!

Been to cragside today, roads are ace near here. Always get stuck behind some oldies doing about 20 in a 60 though. Make me feel like a yob passing them on the limiter ?
Another downside are the pot holes, hit a few bigguns! Will all get a refresh soon anyway.

Grabbed this picture, car is filthy but it will be after all the miles it's done!

Scraped my exhaust on a huge speed bump too at about 5mph, fingers crossed no damage! Sounded alright after with no blows.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah still frustrating. Don't understand why they're so long and tall tbh.

Weather is a lot more dull today!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Kept an eye on the tyre pressures and they're all good, not gone down at all. Very odd! I would've presumed that they would have topped up the tyre pressures when doing my headlight alignment last month, so maybe related? Weird.

Had a trip out to Bamburgh Castle, car is filthier every day. Still a cool look ? Really been enjoying these local roads.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Moved house recently and I've finally got a proper driveway. Treated myself to a pressure washer and snow foam lance during the move!
Washed it after it being filthy for 2 months and used snow foam for the first time too. Decent for a pre wash and definitely helps reduce the amount of crap going into the wash pad.

20190413_131909.jpg
20190413_131919.jpg

Unfortunately noticed this when removing the side skirt decals

20190413_133220.jpg

Clean metal underneath so I'll treat them and touch it in. Bubblibg around the whole arch has begun so will be respraying at some point. Going to treat all the inside sill too so it doesn't get worse.

I like the stickers gone, makes it look much cleaner and fancied a change!

20190413_141121.jpg

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate,nice feeling moving to a house with space to tinker on your car.I recently moved to and bought a pressure washer but now its packed up already!..also not long got the cup back from the bodyshop having the rust repaired and panels painted.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Nice mate,nice feeling moving to a house with space to tinker on your car.I recently moved to and bought a pressure washer but now its packed up already!..also not long got the cup back from the bodyshop having the rust repaired and panels painted.
Sure is mate, i love it! Having a garage is an added bonus as i've not got my tools all around the house! Makes the Mrs happy too.

Saw your nilfisk had broken, real odd. Was it new? Rust is a pain. Just bought some deox gel and some dynax s50 to get all the sills treated. I checked before and they're not bad anyway, better safe than sorry!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Nice to have the driveway and garage. Man times ahead!

Does look cleaner with the stickers removed. They was never "in your face" anyway but looks better now.

Get that rust treated and touch it up for now so it's not visable and covered and then get it painted. Has both sides gone?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just come across this thread, interested to know what did you clean the throttle body with?
When I cleaned inside I used brake cleaner, when I did the outside I just used some degreaser.
Nice to have the driveway and garage. Man times ahead!

Does look cleaner with the stickers removed. They was never "in your face" anyway but looks better now.

Get that rust treated and touch it up for now so it's not visable and covered and then get it painted. Has both sides gone?
Many man times.

I agree, they weren't real bright and they were the nicer style than the Ebay ones. Just makes it look cleaner with no stickers down the side and going to machine polish it when I get chance as it's full of swirls!

I used some iron out on it yesterday, cleaned, primed and touched in. Inside the arches aren't bad

20180707_132854 (1).jpg

But I will be treating it anyway. I think it's just 135k miles of stones finally causing it to bubble and peel!
To be fair other side isnt as bad which is odd

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Congrats on the new place, driveway will be great for car stuff.
Car looks good considering the mileage and love the V6 post!
Cheers mate, appreciate the kind words. It certainly doesn't come up bad with only a wash! Not polished in that photo.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
As some will know I serviced the 182 at the weekend. New genuine elf engine oil, box oil, filter, washers and pollen filter. Old one was surprisingly nasty!

Didn't go as planned when I put a litre of engine oil in my gearbox ? so had to redrain that and fill with some comma box oil to tide me over.

Will be buying another 2 litres of elf box oil and draining this weekend so everything is fresh and genuine. Least it will have flushed my box nicely!
Also going to get some new ball joints as mine have a little play and got a cv boot to change.

Plans are moving forward with a low boost conversion! Already got a log manifold on the way and will be gradually gathering parts.

Something else I received today were these

20190423_185651.jpg
20190423_185642.jpg

A @Dr Jekyll special and they're ace! Cant wait to get out and take some photos. Be brilliant for CSF. Cheers mate.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Aye, not going to rush it and will be getting all the parts together slowly. Just the next mod really for a bit of fun!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Fair play for boost just don’t do what I did! Bottle it and get a mtb lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk