ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Today I went out to be greeted with a small puddle of brake fluid coming out of the nearside rear brake line. Luckily it was tiny and hadnt completely drained the fluid and as I'm on annual leave this week meant i could sort it out!

Had a set of @BRT Motorsport rear axle lines in my parts box for ages so could put these to good use.

Removed the rear lines on both sides which was easy as I'd had some HEL small flexi lines fitted a few years back so they weren't completely seized in place! I absolutely hate dealing with brake fluid as it goes everywhere and I was cautious not to drain the full system. With a lot of messing around I got them in place and all fixed into the existing clips. Included with the lines are some flexible clips which is a nice touch.

If you're wanting to run these through the existing small line holes you do need to feed through the caliper end first. The plan is to get some little bungs to stop them rubbing.

All bled up relatively easily and took it for a quick spin where everything seems fine. Going to jack it up again later to have another look underneath make sure nothing is weeping and can tick this job off the list! Can also sell the HEL lines to make up some of the cost as they replace this section entirely.

20210907_162528.jpg
20210907_162517.jpg
20210907_162357.jpg
20210907_162545.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Louis I bought a halfords box of grommets and one size was perfect for the bracket holes and brake line diameter.
Sweeet. I did measure them as needing a 7.5mm ID and 14.5mm OD grommet but if I just get that kit might be as easy. Cant say I see them wearing through anyway really.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Test fitted the intercooler, drilling out the holes more in the top of the crash bar to get the threaded bar through. Measured up well and it sits pretty snug against the condenser! I painted all holes with primer and paint to protect from corrosion.

20210911_134343.jpg
20210911_134037.jpg
20210911_134412.jpg

The plan is to cut away the lip on the crash bar which should allow me some much needed room for the undertray when the bumpers in place.

Next job was replenishing all the orings in the aircon system with genuine, ensuring they were all lubed up with page oil. I also topped up the system due to the fitment of the new condensor and pipework earlier in the year.

Thanks to @NBG182 for selling me the larger megane seals for the compressor. Saved me buying a whole pack for 2 seals!

This was relatively easy, however in unbolting the condenser to get to the dryer unit I found the bottom rung had completely snapped off! Thankfully this isnt integral to the unit and I cable tied it to give it some support.

View attachment 1558178

Attachments

• 20210911_171422.jpg
    20210911_171422.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Right, here comes a mundane question.

Cast your mind back to 2017.....What rear wiper delete/bung have you fitted? Looks really oem.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Right, here comes a mundane question.

Cast your mind back to 2017.....What rear wiper delete/bung have you fitted? Looks really oem.
It's a halfords push in bung behind the cap, then it's a fibreglass mega carbon rear wiper blank that I've painted in satin.

NBG182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182FF
Thanks to @NBG182 for selling me the larger megane seals for the compressor. Saved me buying a whole pack for 2 seals!

This was relatively easy, however in unbolting the condenser to get to the dryer unit I found the bottom rung had completely snapped off! Thankfully this isnt integral to the unit and I cable tied it to give it some support.

No worries mate, glad it helped.

I found the same thing with my condenser - the lower bar was properly corroded and the mounting tabs had completely snapped off.

I ended up with a new Nissens condenser. It probably isn't quite as good as OEM, but fits with a little persuasion!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
No worries mate, glad it helped.

I found the same thing with my condenser - the lower bar was properly corroded and the mounting tabs had completely snapped off.

I ended up with a new Nissens condenser. It probably isn't quite as good as OEM, but fits with a little persuasion!
This was brand new only a few months back!

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to seeing this budget turbo build when you get all the bits sorted. I feel for you on the rust too. Mine has just gone to the body shop and there are a few bits of rot to sort. Bloody Scottish winters haha

I also love the 2118’s. Such a good looking wheel on the Clio. Dare I say they look better than Turinis…

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Looking forward to seeing this budget turbo build when you get all the bits sorted. I feel for you on the rust too. Mine has just gone to the body shop and there are a few bits of rot to sort. Bloody Scottish winters haha

I also love the 2118’s. Such a good looking wheel on the Clio. Dare I say they look better than Turinis…
You'll never see the turbo build he's tight!! Proper Yorkshire man

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Itll be happening once I move house, whenever that is 😂 Plan is to 3d print a turbo for fitment as that's obviously the most expensive part of the whole thing.

What you being charged to sort the rust?