ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Steve's RB Clio 182 Cup Restoration

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Sent the seatbelts to a chap on Facebook called KolourKoncepts who has worked his magic and changed them from the OE silver/greasy fingerprint brown to this:
4BA8AE9B-CE15-41ED-8037-E938C60E7F7C.jpeg

Amazingly fast service from this chap! Posted them off to him on Saturday, and he sent me this picture tonight showing me they had been done!!!

Hopefully get them back this weekend and the interior finished off.

Thanks for reading 😎

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Sent the seatbelts to a chap on Facebook called KolourKoncepts who has worked his magic and changed them from the OE silver/greasy fingerprint brown to this:
View attachment 1477975
Amazingly fast service from this chap! Posted them off to him on Saturday, and he sent me this picture tonight showing me they had been done!!!

Hopefully get them back this weekend and the interior finished off.

Thanks for reading 😎
Just had my black set back from him. 👌🏼

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, to see it on its wheels again must be a huge accomplishment Steve.
Agreed its too low and it wont drive very nice either at that height.

Massive well done on getting this far, it looks superb :)

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, to see it on its wheels again must be a huge accomplishment Steve.
Agreed its too low and it wont drive very nice either at that height.

Massive well done on getting this far, it looks superb :)

Thank you Sir!! 👍👍

Yes it’s certainly starting to come together. Just the interior to finish off sometime when The nice weather returns..! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Did something yesterday I’ve been meaning to do for ages, get a picture of all my cars together:
0B4A18FA-A9D2-455A-BFE3-B203E6E58BE6.jpeg
5809A31A-BB1F-4D67-AA16-C48EA3EF76DD.jpeg
20E8CCC6-05A1-4769-BED5-C1866F2D8F7A.jpeg

It was the first time I’d driven the Clio As I was manoeuvring it around my driveway as of course it broke my bloody heart as the PAS pump was clearly not a happy camper!! Typical!! It was the only part I didn’t replace when I was rebuilding it all.. and of course it’s not right... 🤬🤬

So I whipped it off the car this morning, and will be fitting a new one in coming days.

Need to get it roadworthy soon as it’s booked to be in with Mr Scoff soon!!

Thanks for reading 😎

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
What models the new megane out of interest?

it’s a Megane 4 GT. it‘s the “Warm” version rather than the full cooking HOT version that is the RS.

it’s got the same engine & gearbox out of the Clio4 RS slightly detuned to 205bhp, instead of the 220 in the Clio.

Goes very well for a daily 👍

Oh and it’s blue! 💙

Andy P

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, i20N
So far all good. Fitted last May and used on track without any problems. Also know of another track car using the same pump.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
@Big_Steve_T be careful with the power steering pumps, the tolerance for the pulley is about 1mm! I had a bit of a battle in the past! If you can, go electric power steering if not you may need tools to adjust the pulley.

When i took it to Engine Dynamics they said it was out of spec and i sent it back, when i spoke to Beaniesport he said he could adjust it using a puller.

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
OH MY GOD... I can see why people soon lose faith with these bloody Clio’s, this car is fighting me every step of the way as it nears completion.... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Fitted the new PAS pump today and it cured the squealing noise I was getting at full lock.

Whilst I had the car I’m the air, I thought I would give the brakes another bleed as they felt spongy whilst I was moving it last weekend for the group photo.

So I got my dear wife to give me a hand and press the brake pedal whilst I was bleeding. Everything was going well until I got to the Nearside Front Wheel and saw brake fluid was p1ssing out 🤬🤬🤬

The pipe from the Master Cylinder to the ABS pump decided to split.

So back to tearing out stuff from the engine bay...

My only conciliation is that at least it decided to split now, and not when I was leaning on the brakes sometime..!! 💥🚙

Thanks for reading 😎

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
F*ck P1$$ Ba115 W@nky Renaults!!!

Cars now all back together but the only thing stopping me getting it finished now is the bloody steering angle sensor..
92DB1E40-55F8-4491-8DCF-A52471AA48B3.jpeg

If anyone’s got one laying about please let me know.. I’m struggling to source one quickly!?