ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Golf GTD Mk7
James, don’t go overboard on the colour-coding!! IMO I think orange mirrors would look smart with the orange wheels but the badges etc might look a bit OTT. (Orange should really be kept for wishbones, rear-beams and ARB's!!)

Totally agree mate. As mentioned, gloss or satin black would look better to break up the grey. Though I like it as is ;)

182cup & 172 racecar
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Not orange mirrors

in-the-garage.jpg

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Mmm I'll keep thinking, I don't know why but I think it would look good lol! I need a photoshopper to help :)

182cup & 172 racecar

They really do show up when you are behind someone.

182cup & 172 racecar

Get out my fkn way mirrors.lol.

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

^ you should be in front so I wouldn't worry James lol

Haha orange they will be then ;) Nice positive thinking Colin I like it :cool: lol (never going to happen though!)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

^ I am sure you will, you just need to start sleeping at night instead of working lol think positive !Got the green light for Anglesey ;)

Haha, well the aim for this year is build up experience and then see from there :) Yes I know I need to start thinking positively and sleeping ;)! Thats great Colin should be a great day, I can't wait :D I really like Anglesey and it's been three years since my last visit so long overdue!

Golf GTD Mk7

^ I am sure you will, you just need to start sleeping at night instead of working lol think positive !Got the green light for Anglesey ;)

Is that an ET day? what's the date? Tempted to try it out.

It's a Book a track day mate on the 11th March :) Do it Jonny, Its coastal circuit aswell so IMO the best layout for the clios!

172 Race Car

It's a Book a track day mate on the 11th March :) Do it Jonny, Its coastal circuit aswell so IMO the best layout for the clios!
Get into the 1:20's and your doing well

I will try my best :) Talking of timing what is the transponder that I need to buy for circuits? I remember reading it ages ago in your blog but when I looked through them again last night I couldn't spot it :( I do remember you said they were expensive so just trying to budget for it now! Thanks

Last edited:
  172 Race Car

AMB260

I think the company is called 'MyLaps' now

Legend thanks for that Jay, I am now watching that one :) I saw the 'Mylaps' one last night when I was researching but didn't realise that was the correct one! Thanks again

182cup & 172 racecar

If he is going to race he will, you have to give the circuit your number for the timing to be done.

Silly boy.;)

Golf GTD Mk7

If he is going to race he will, you have to give the circuit your number for the timing to be done.

Silly boy.;)

Didn't think about that.lol. I guess I thought they supplied you with one :eek:

Get a powered one not a battery one. Its a fit and forget thing then. Not touched ours since fitting it. works spot on. Usually loads on ebay but can only find 1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMB-Tran-...icle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item231a4d4d7d

Legend thanks for that Jay, I am now watching that one :) I saw the 'Mylaps' one last night when I was researching but didn't realise that was the correct one! Thanks again

You and me both...shot up past the 100 mark already......

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Can that BMW legally pull that trailer mate?

Glad you are enjoying the car!

Do you need one James? Can you not just use the ec1-r track recognition to get your times?
As Tony say's for racing you need one as it's what records the lap times and puts them on the screens, I can use the data logger for my personal timing though when I'm not racing.
Didn't think about that.lol. I guess I thought they supplied you with one :eek:
Some race series you can hire them from race control but I'm not sure for CSCC and also its easier to just fit and forget and then if I ever need to sell it then they have great residual value.
You and me both...shot up past the 100 mark already......
As Tony says it will go for at least £200 unfortunately, I had a look on completed items on eBay and the cheapest they have sold for is £260 :( Still better than £370 for a new one
Can that BMW legally pull that trailer mate?

Glad you are enjoying the car!
Thanks Porkie yes I am loving it :) Wish I could be at Bedford on Saturday but unfortunately busy, have a good time though as I'm sure you will ;)

Yes thankfully, The car can tow 1800kg and the trailer with car and set of wheels on the rack is 1475kg :) Tows like a dream to be fair :D

182cup & 172 racecar

CSCC do hire them out, but it used to be £25 per event. Soon adds up, thats why we bought one, and as you say, once fitted just forget it.

Just saw the link, £260 isn't bad to be fair.

Exactly Tony, In my eyes its like hiring out the trailer by the time I would of done two seasons then I would of payed for the trailer yet have nothing to show and its exactly the same with this! Both will have good residual so can always sell on if not needed and wouldn't loose much if any cash :)

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

Yes thankfully, The car can tow 1800kg and the trailer with car and set of wheels on the rack is 1475kg :) Tows like a dream to be fair :D

Awesome. Thats VERY light! My Brian James RS2 car and tyres etc much heavier. Surprised!

Yeah the RS2's are about 350-400KG's heavier I think off the top of my head, all to do with the weight of the clamshell! My car unfortunately couldn't tow an enclosed trailer :(

182cup & 172 racecar

I'd love an enclosed trailer, but what a price they are :eek:, but you just push the car out and you have an instant caravan to sleep in etc.

You looking forward to tomorrow James, should be a nice day.

Evo 5 RS

Yeah the RS2's are about 350-400KG's heavier I think off the top of my head, all to do with the weight of the clamshell! My car unfortunately couldn't tow an enclosed trailer :(

legally no, but I'm sure it could ;)

I'd love an enclosed trailer, but what a price they are :eek:, but you just push the car out and you have an instant caravan to sleep in etc.

You looking forward to tomorrow James, should be a nice day.
Yes I would love one also Tony they are awesome, I just think I would sleep better at night in a hotel knowing that the car isn't just on the back of an open trailer! I've never thought of the caravan idea ;)

Yes I can't wait Tony, just had a chat with Matt and everything sounds good with the car :) I will be there at 10.45-11 depending on traffic. Give me a call if you can't find us, Weather looks good also so with luck may have a dry day!

legally no, but I'm sure it could ;)
I was going to say I'm sure the car could manage it as it feels absolutely fine with nearly 1500kg's so I'm sure a few hundred more wouldn't hurt ;)

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car

I have an RS3 trailer and they are fantastic , its good if travelling miles to the venue as the car is nice and clean still , used open trailers in the past and it looks like the car has done a rally by the time you arrive !
Its also good to know the car is safe when staying overnight somewhere , its very handy for storage as well , as I have 2 rally cars , I keep one locked away in the trailer out of the way when the trailer is not being used

182cup & 172 racecar

Just cannot justify the money though, as much as I want one.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car

yeah they are not cheap , just over £8k new now , but worth it , if you get one at the right money I don't think you would lose much on them when you come to sell it , I paid £4800 for mine and its mint , only a couple of years old , I'd expect to sell it for around that when the time comes , they just seem to hold there value

182cup & 172 racecar

As I said £4800 on a trailer, I'm not in that league.

I have an RS3 trailer and they are fantastic , its good if travelling miles to the venue as the car is nice and clean still , used open trailers in the past and it looks like the car has done a rally by the time you arrive !
Its also good to know the car is safe when staying overnight somewhere , its very handy for storage as well , as I have 2 rally cars , I keep one locked away in the trailer out of the way when the trailer is not being used
Yes Ian I remember seeing yours on the thread! The piece of mind while staying overnight was the main attraction for me and also as you say the other benefits are great. The problem for me was I would of had to change tow cars, buy a house with a bigger drive, do my trailer test and rob a bank ;) You certainly got a bargain though, I dont remember ever seeing an RS3 for less than 5.5-6k! :)