ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Cheers James I will hopefully get them on on monday, fingers crossed its not raining the snow showers were enough last week :dapprove:

TrackCar & F30 330d
I'll have a look at mine tomorrow, but i recon mines got quite a bit of thread. How do you even adjust the platform my C-Spanners dont fit i dont think.

Cheers James I will hopefully get them on on monday, fingers crossed its not raining the snow showers were enough last week :dapprove:
Haha sounds good mate :) your welcome to come over to mine and I'll give you a hand with them if you want. Can always shove some wheels on mine and then use the garage

Ooo, that's low, think mine is 80-82mm.

Is that a locking ring you have there, under the platform?
Slammed yo!

Yes I'm not really sure why they are there as the allen key locks the adjuster
I'll have a look at mine tomorrow, but i recon mines got quite a bit of thread. How do you even adjust the platform my C-Spanners dont fit i dont think.

The Ast c spanners work perfectly on mine but Tony and Jay have a really cool little tool that goes in the holes to turn the adjuster

Yes I'm not really sure why they are there as the allen key locks the adjuster

Mine came with the allen grub screw facing inwards - so you couldn't get the allen key in. I called Curtis up (when I got mine as confused??) and he said they come like that to stop you using the grub screw, over time it flattens the thread on the shock, they send them with the screw to fill the hole. They come with the shoulders now, didn't used too and they were getting lots of complaints re the grub screw messing the threads up.

Haha yes!

Lol I forgot all week but then remembered late last night so yes the measurement on mine is 58mm from underside of top adjuster to the last thread as per picture :)
4ahavybe.jpg

The grub screw doesn't touch the threads?.

One of the big holes is threaded and it goes in there - don't forget we have Sportline II's, different from I's, when I say grub screw, more like a slug screw as it a big ole mother..

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Surely the grub screw wouldn't go against the threads? If it were a plain shaft then it would be fine to retain it on shaft but a grub screw against a threaded shaft's errrm ... strange.

220 Trophy
Not at all Mark :) Not many initially other than the number plates etc off but since then the swap to AST's would not have been practical with the current spring rates on the road. Holes in the front bumper to aid cooling and other little bits like that. I still run brake lights and indicators and always will I think :)

Sound like a good plan the main advantage is you dont have to compromise on setup (ran 4 degree's of negative camber at one point last season which I would never dream of on a road car) Also the money saved on tax, hooky MOT and insurance last year for me would have nearly paid in itself for my trailer.

Thanks James

j-k

lots
Have you got any pics and how much are you after for it? Pm me if you would prefer :)

Thanks
James

Here are some pics...

0800A44C-8732-40B3-8EFC-33F23EFC6219-7855-00000AFDE9D4A4D4.jpg

8DCD5D1C-B857-4CA0-B2CD-BDA68C4EA5B8-7855-00000AFDEEAC8C21.jpg

2DC5B16A-59D0-484C-840F-BF90B6F5D3A5-7855-00000AFDF66AE682.jpg

As you can see from the pics, there is an end cap missing.
I also have a connector for it and the clio cup wiring diagrams which would help you out.

There is also a bracket on the side for a mechanical cut out switch pull cable should you need it for a fire extinguisher.

PM me an offer

jon

Here are some pics...

As you can see from the pics, there is an end cap missing.
I also have a connector for it and the clio cup wiring diagrams which would help you out.

There is also a bracket on the side for a mechanical cut out switch pull cable should you need it for a fire extinguisher.

PM me an offer

jon
Thanks for that Jon, I think i'm sorted now but thanks :)

Hi Mark,

Thanks it was all going well but no really making any progress now unfortunately :(

No I haven't done although I have been told for MSA events sliders aren't an issue aslong as they are double locking. If you do want the FIA approved ones then they are the Recaro sliders.

The plan is Brands on the 6th May if I race with the Tintops :)

So not far from a month since I realised the caliper issue and the speedy world of motorsport has finally delivered my calipers back today but unfortunately not fixed! It has just taken that long to pressure test the bloody things and tell me what I already knew... they are leaking!

Jetstream who are the company that make the Alcon brake kit for the clio have actually been very helpful but Alcon themselves have let the side down big time. It turns out that the bleed nipples were severely over tightened originally and this has physically indented the seat of the aluminium casting. So obviously this isn't covered by warranty and I can't really take it up with the original fitters (TDF) As I say Jetstream have been really helpful and offered me a considerable discount on a new set of the calipers which is kind of them considering apparently they haven't even being paid yet by TDF for the kit that is on my car. Unfortunately I just don't have the money to be spending on them nor really the money to be buying and fitting a standard setup.

So I have bought a set of the bleed valves which don't require the actual thread to be disturbed each time to bleed them so now just need to find a way to seal all four valves into the caliper permanently and hopefully all will be okay.

file_zps48484cf2.jpg

Got to be honest progress with the car is fairly none existent really losing patience with everything that keeps coming back to bite me on the arse from all the previous s**t that has been done on the car but thankfully I won't give up just have to keep plodding on until it's finished. Sorry for the rant just completely fed up of it :(

Thanks as always for reading and lets hope the next update is a little more positive :)

James

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Could you not use some sort of thread lock or adhesive to fix them in ? Not even paid for yet ? ffs !

You are in the final stages James, hang on in there its nearly done!!

clio cup
Surely they will naturally seal James as it is only the seat inside the caliper that is damages, If the valve has a secndary lock off valve?

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
James,

Could you not have the bleed nipple seats recut within the calliper? Using a tool the correct angle/chamfer I'm sure it could be recut. The most time taken would be to set it up on the milling machine or drilling machine, the actual task would take no time at all. Then you could use the new style bleed nipples after. Just out of interest is it Jetsream Motorsport of Bruntingthorpe?

Cheers

Nath

Lionel Richie
James,

Could you not have the bleed nipple seats recut within the calliper? Using a tool the correct angle/chamfer I'm sure it could be recut. The most time taken would be to set it up on the milling machine or drilling machine, the actual task would take no time at all. Then you could use the new style bleed nipples after. Just out of interest is it Jetsream Motorsport of Bruntingthorpe?

Cheers

Nath

when the bleed nipple has punched through the internal housing, in simple terms, you are what's known as "fucked" £2.5K on brakes that are basically useless, i feel so sorry for James (bigash) and i have no problem publically calling the man responsible for this a t**t, he was my friend at one stage but after doing this (and 3 other cars) i am not impressed! He will read this and he's welcome to ring me and explain what on gods good earth he's been playing at but i'll bet my arse he won't!

i say we all do a day at james, work on the car, do our bit. I'll erm sort the music and entertainment then get f**king leathered.

plan? Me, riad, sam, alex C and fred are in! (Ive just decided)

Could you not use some sort of thread lock or adhesive to fix them in ? Not even paid for yet ? ffs !

You are in the final stages James, hang on in there its nearly done!!
The problem is the heat they take Colin and also the pressure :( The setup was hot enough last year it changed the colour of the anodizing on the brake bell's :eek:
Surely they will naturally seal James as it is only the seat inside the caliper that is damages, If the valve has a secndary lock off valve?
The new bleed valves still have to seat on the caliper other wise it will still leak through the threads
Loctite the nipples in?
I just don't think it will hold back the pressure especially once they are baking hot mate :(
James,

Cheers

Nath
Hi Nath yeah the problem is as Fred says the more I go down with the seat i'm just opening into the fluid chamber :(

Yes it is, really good chaps and they run a clio cup racer so know their stuff! It is a properly good brake setup now Fred chose some nice pads :)
Chin up big man, you've come too far to let the incompetencies of others stop you from achieving what you set out to do... She'll be right, mate. :)
Thanks Andy, Yeah I certainly won't be stopping with it but a break would be nice lol
when the bleed nipple has punched through the internal housing, in simple terms, you are what's known as "f**ked" £2.5K on brakes that are basically useless, i feel so sorry for James (bigash) and i have no problem publically calling the man responsible for this a tw*t, he was my friend at one stage but after doing this (and 3 other cars) i am not impressed! He will read this and he's welcome to ring me and explain what on gods good earth he's been playing at but i'll bet my arse he won't!
Haha lol :) Thanks mate!
i say we all do a day at james, work on the car, do our bit. I'll erm sort the music and entertainment then get f**king leathered.

plan? Me, riad, sam, alex C and fred are in! (Ive just decided)
Haha sounds like fun! You can sit in the Sabelt and shout orders :)
sweet, i've heard Ilkley needs rearranging Ariane style ;)
Ilkley wouldn't have a f**king clue what's hit it lol!

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
James,

Cheers

Nath

Yes you can , we have done this many times and its never failed to work

Cheers Ian

220 Trophy
Hi James, sorry to hear about the latest bad news. Excuse my ignorance, but if the existing bleed nipples are say M6 (or whatever they are) could you not tap an M7 or M8 hole and fit a bleed nipple with a larger diameter screw but the standard size nipple, I'm sure there must be some available, or if not then a 'widget' to connect a standard size diameter nipple to a M7 or 8 hole?