ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

you get the logo's etc working black and white first, if they work black and white they will work in colour...
black, white with a dash of orange in the logo may look good....

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Sounds good Neil although I'm not too sure how imaginative 'FF-Racing' could be on a logo lol! Sounds nice to me! I will drop you a PM later on :)

Now that the team name is decided I have setup a Facebook page and also a Twitter account, please can as many people as possible like/follow them :) I would really appreciate the support! Links are either on my profile <<<<< or

http://www.facebook.com/pages/FF-Racing/177111259070647

https://twitter.com/#!/FFRacing2012

The website will be following shortly but for now it is just showing a very boring blank page until my web guy gets everything sorted in the next few weeks!

Website for the future is www.ff-racing.co.uk

182cup & 172 racecar

I prefer ff tbh:) I've got to ask, if Tony or Jay are reading, where did burpspeed come from? Lol

Jay's forum name was Burp, so when we went racing it morfed into Burpspeed, and then the website added the .com.

Hence Burpspeed.com

Sorry to spam James. If you could make it on the 12th, you would be more than welcome.

I didn't realise that's how you made up the name :)

Perfect well I will see you there then :D It maybe an hour or so into the day if that is okay as I have got to go Anglesey>Ilkley>Nottingham on the sunday night before I come down but I will be there as early as I can! Thanks

182 track, Mk7 ST

Thank you very much :D! Haha yes the microphone setup is awful but in real life it sounds different to any other clio out there :)

No you have noticed correctly mate :) it is the same system but one of the tips got removed at Donington as it is on a sliding system and it was rattling loose so the TDF boys have taken it off and now designed a new fixing system to hold it in place permanently :)

I can imagine, hopefully I'll hear it at a track at some point this year. I heard Mark's (Iceman UK) last weekend at Brands and that sounded awesome too!

Thats alright then, not going crazy haha ;) I do remember reading that a while back actually to avoid the system crunching the engine if you get rear ended or what not. Very good idea too.

Thanks yes it will great to see a lot of the CS members at circuit :) They do sound really good with the ITB's and an exhaust on!

Haha no your not ;) Yeah it was Matt's idea just to save squashing everything forwards I hadn't really though about it but his experience is great for things like this!

182cup & 172 racecar

Here's our's and Ians at Mallory.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 track, Mk7 ST

Very nice Tony, I'm looking forward to seeing it o the 12th :)

Are you on track on the 12th or just coming down to watch? I'm on track then :race:

Facebook page looks good too btw mate :)

No Grant unfortunately not, I'm out at Anglesey the day before but I am going to come down and have a look round for the day and also help out if Tony and Jay are desperate enough to require my limited spanner abilities ;) Will be good to meet you also then!

Thank you very much! I have just found a few video's that one of my friends had so just uploading them at the moment :)

Just found a couple of video's that a friend had so loaded them onto the new 'FFRacing2012' channel on You Tube, one is the Bruntingthorpe one I posted before but the other two are new and please excuse the quality! You Tube channel is at http://www.youtube.com/user/ffRacing2012 and will be updated each time the car is out :)

[video=youtube_share;dl2mXD1Xv2U]http://youtu.be/dl2mXD1Xv2U[/video]

[video=youtube_share;WFEYu05WKTI]http://youtu.be/WFEYu05WKTI[/video]

[video=youtube_share;6qxpXdeWKIU]http://youtu.be/6qxpXdeWKIU[/video]

Thanks

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5

Making good progress I see,looking forward to doing a few laps of Donington at FCS.Love the name by the way.

Thanks mate, Yeah it is a great circuit probably my favourite although I'm pretty rusty round it atm but looking forward to getting back into it! Haha it does seem to of been popular even if i'm not 100% lol! Thanks :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

"FF" is the name of my Car Club... my lawyers will be in touch soon... :D

Love this car and thread and will be following it for some time I reckon. *thumbs up*

Sorry mate I promise it wasn't on purpose ;)

Thank you very much and I hope your enjoying the trophy now you've got it back :)

Golf GTD Mk7

Was that the navy blue GT40 in the first vid? Was at Donny last year. Not sure if someone who works there owns it

From memory I think it was black Jonny, in fact just found a photo of it on my photo bucket
38c6a66d.jpg

It was going pretty well and the owner wasn't afraid to give it the beans :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Sorry mate I promise it wasn't on purpose ;)

Thank you very much and I hope your enjoying the trophy now you've got it back :)
:D No worries mate and - YES - loving the Trophy now it's back and working pretty much as it should do! Cheers!

Golf GTD Mk7
From memory I think it was black Jonny, in fact just found a photo of it on my photo bucket
38c6a66d.jpg

It was going pretty well and the owner wasn't afraid to give it the beans :)

It might have been black. Doubt many people with collectors items would track them. Lovely car :approve:

Lionel Richie

craners is flat you big poof!! ;) you're going to slowly through the old hairpin and schwantz curve is flat all the way until you hit the brakes!

It might have been black. Doubt many people with collectors items would track them. Lovely car :approve:
I know it was a beauty :) Had black wheels and a black reg plate!
craners is flat you big poof!! ;) you're going to slowly through the old hairpin and schwantz curve is flat all the way until you hit the brakes!
Haha I know I know :rasp: Got faster as the day went on just don't have any video's ;)

Last edited:

Very Small Update

Got Anglesey all booked up yesterday so really looking forward to getting up there! Will be another good opportunity to get some decent miles on the car. Only 14 people booked so far on the trackday so should be a nice quiet day.

Not much else to report really just been gathering bit's and pieces that I will need for the year such as tyre pressure gauge, pyrometer, transponder etc. It is amazing how all the small bit's and pieces really add up money wise :S, although Ebay has saved me lot's of money! TDF are just finishing off the last few bit's and pieces on the car and then it should all be finished bar tweaking the setup but I think this will evolve over the season as my experience builds. Currently spending a lot of time writing to sponsors but it seems to be paying off and we have hopefully got a few things we will confirm in the near future which i'm very excited about :)

Also been speaking with CSCC to get the information I needed so started to fill out the required paperwork for joining the club and registering the car. Just got to do my ARDS now which I'm doing with my instructor in April and then should be good to go! :)

EDIT: P.S. A big thanks also to everyone who has joined the FB page or is following us on Twitter I really appreciate the support!

Last edited:

What date are you doing Angelsey mate?

I love that track and really need to get my Clio back out this year lol

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

I think its the 11th march.

Golf GTD Mk7

James, it might not have been installed when the pics were taken, but do you have an extinguisher system yet?

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Yes its boot mounted.

Golf GTD Mk7

Cheers my Northern Spy ;)

Clio 172

Ah well if its the 11th March I'll miss this day as well as I'm at Donington.

What date are you doing Angelsey mate?

I love that track and really need to get my Clio back out this year lol
Hi Phil, It really is a great track! As Colin says it is on the 11th March, it looks to be a really quiet day which should be good :) You should come up!
James, it might not have been installed when the pics were taken, but do you have an extinguisher system yet?
Colin knows all the answers today :) Yes it's boot mounted and then control panel is on the existing dash with the release button on the top on the switch box and scuttle!
Ah well if its the 11th March I'll miss this day as well as I'm at Donington.
That's a shame Andy but at least you are still going to be on track :) We will be doing Donington late May so I will let you know the dates!

Clio 172

If you give me the dates I'm sure I'll be there.....unless I'm booked elsewhere lol.

Trafic 140dci

Following you on facebook now so i can follow all your progress, good luck with the sponsors :)

Another very minor update:

Got my ARDS booked for the 27th March and also got the 3rd April at Brands with my instructor for the day. I was hoping to do two days at Brands before the first race as I have never driven Brands before but it just isn't feasible I don't think so just going to do the day with the instructor and then do the first race and start to build some experience of racing which is what I need! Now time for me to get swatting up for the ARDS. Its all setting in now and getting more and more excited by the day :D

182cup & 172 racecar

We'll look after you;)

looks better with out the box/tower thing around the gearstick mate.......

nice trailer btw... and yes, i was at TDF hq again today ....

182cup & 172 racecar

looks better with out the box/tower thing around the gearstick mate.......

nice trailer btw... and yes, i was at TDF hq again today ....

Has it still got my pikey home made gear knob?

Lionel Richie

i believe you have my driveshaft on it too?