ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

That is really kind thank you very much Neil I really appreciate it and will probably take you up on that if you don't mind :)

i wouldn't have offered had i thought otherwise, good for the portfolio also

220 Trophy
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

We had a couple of last minute hiccups, but all being well I’ll hopefully be collecting the car Thursday evening now.

220 Trophy

Spot on mate :) Enjoy and let me know what you think to them please!
Will do James, its been a big shopping list in the end: 1 new upright, 2 new front bearings, 2 new front ABS sensors, new OEM bolts for the wishbones, uprated poly-bushes for the front ARB, spherical bearings all round along with the stiffening kits front & rear, plus all the labour and the powder-coating to uprights, wishbones, kidney chassis brackets, ARB and rear-beam. Plus a new Polo radiator, brake flush and new seat side-mounts.

Will do James, its been a big shopping list in the end: 1 new upright, 2 new front bearings, 2 new front ABS sensors, new OEM bolts for the wishbones, uprated poly-bushes for the front ARB, spherical bearings all round along with the stiffening kits front & rear, plus all the labour and the powder-coating to uprights, wishbones, kidney chassis brackets, ARB and rear-beam. Plus a new Polo radiator, brake flush and new seat side-mounts.
Wow Mark that is a pretty comprehensive list :) It should be feeling nice and tight after all that! Glad i'm just stealing the parts from you and not paying the bill :p get them chained down or I'll be after them ;)

182cup & 172 racecar

Anything left laying around on the 10th, we are going to nab it away.

220 Trophy

…..not as comprehensive as building your own race-car!! Looking forward to collecting it and testing all the new parts out for you. (It'll be gone by then Tony!! (I hope!!))

Anything left laying around on the 10th, we are going to nab it away.
None of mine :p It should be en-route to Anglesey by then!
…..not as comprehensive as building your own race-car!! Looking forward to collecting it and testing all the new parts out for you. (It'll be gone by then Tony!! (I hope!!))
Haha! Sounds good Mark, hope all goes to plan and have fun :)

Right then I have just asked on the book of faces and FF-Racing seems to be an outright winner. The main contenders are this, JAM Racing and J-Force Racing I wish we could have a poll on here it would make my life easier as I hate decisions! lol

I am setting myself the deadline of tonight to make the decision and then need to get on with sorting bit's and bobs out! If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know :)

Thanks

FF-Racing
FF Racing
JAM Racing
J-Force Racing

Evo 5 RS

Ff racing sounds good. J Force sounds like an 80s action show

182cup & 172 racecar

James, go for FF.

Don't take yourself to seriously, we have Burpspeed.com ffs.

I'd even go for FullF​at.Racing

Yep FF Racing certainly seems to be winning! No exactly Tony it's not particularly important hence wanting to just get it sorted and crack on :) lol Burpspeed is an awesome name :cool:

I am setting myself the deadline of tonight to make the decision and then need to get on with sorting bit's and bobs out! If anyone else has any suggestions please let me know :)

Thanks

SASQUATCH RACING lmao xx

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

FF Racing gets my vote.

I spoke to Matt before and picking mine up after a Chinese meal on friday lol

SASQUATCH RACING lmao xx
Haha what does that stand for Stu or do I not want to know?? ;)
Too orange lol.
Lol would be a pain when I change my colour scheme for next season :p
FF Racing gets my vote.

I spoke to Matt before and picking mine up after a Chinese meal on friday lol
Everyone seems to really like this name so its definitely the clear winner so far! I'm making the decision at midnight :)

Sounds great Colin I bet you can't wait for the drive home :race:

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

^ I will leave some left overs for you lol

Right just over an hour until I decide its down to,

Sasquatch or FF-Racing

I'm sure Stu meant it as a joke but it's grown on me and is a bit different/light hearted! Anyone got preferences between the two?

FF-Racing it is :) Was pretty close as I really liked the Sasquatch name but could hardly pronounce it lol!

Golf GTD Mk7
Decision well made. Now just onto how it will look :) is it going to stay FF or will it be FullFat? (milk sponsors ;))

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

F F , Faulks Flyer ?

Clio

I prefer ff tbh:) I've got to ask, if Tony or Jay are reading, where did burpspeed come from? Lol

Decision well made. Now just onto how it will look :) is it going to stay FF or will it be FullFat? (milk sponsors ;))
I'm thinking on the car for it just to be FF-Racing but it will say Full Fat in place :)
F F , Faulks Flyer ?
Haha it could stand for lot's of things lets just hope that Ferrari don't come after me for naming it after there car!
I prefer ff tbh:) I've got to ask, if Tony or Jay are reading, where did burpspeed come from? Lol
Thanks mate :) Well it's all setup and done now I have got the domain name, Facebook, twitter the lot so no going back now :)

Golf GTD Mk7

Freddy Flintoff Racing FTW ;)

Golf GTD Mk7

Indeed ;) Have you thought of a colour scheme for the graphics yet? Number etc?

Not yet really no although I am going ahead with the Orange mirrors, wheels, bullets and diamonds so it will need to match in with this and the Matt Grey :)

I'm not sure about number will need to see what is available but my favourite number are 2,5,12,30 and 55 so got plenty of choice ;)

Golf GTD Mk7

Random choice of numbers. Nice to have options.

I'd go for black and white decals to complement the grey and orange. If you put any orange on the body work it might be a little OTT really. When are you having all the bits painted?

Yes hopefully one of them should be free :)

Yes that isn't a bad idea Jonny, I think a lot of them will be the fixed colour of the sponsors logo's etc so won't have much choice over them! One set of wheels have already been done I just haven't had chance to go and collect them yet and the rest will all be done after Anglesey on the 11th March :)