ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

I'm available tomorrow if you need anything. Perhaps if UPS find them I could collect and take to Fred.
Thank you mate that is so kind :)! I just got an automated email from UPS to say its back at the Tamworth depot so it seems they have found it and will be delivered again on Monday so hopefully they will find BTM this time haha! Thanks again tho for the offer :)

WRX
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Thank you mate that is so kind :)! I just got an automated email from UPS to say its back at the Tamworth depot so it seems they have found it and will be delivered again on Monday so hopefully they will find BTM this time haha! Thanks again tho for the offer :)
Well I'm from Tamworth so it's not a problem mate if you need me. As time is of the essence, if you need me to get them tomorrow (if they'll release them to me) sure Fred will vouch that I won't walk off with them lol. Fred's got my number or you can PM me. UPS is literally a mile away, just let me know if you need me.

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Sounds like a good offer to me, at least you know they will be there.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

What Tony said bud Fred hasn't hit any signage so I would take up Adams offer just in case the **** it up again

James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic Heavy

Well I'm from Tamworth so it's not a problem mate if you need me. As time is of the essence, if you need me to get them tomorrow (if they'll release them to me) sure Fred will vouch that I won't walk off with them lol. Fred's got my number or you can PM me. UPS is literally a mile away, just let me know if you need me.
Thanks Adam it really is very kind of you! Of course I don't have any doubts about you and wouldn't doubt you in the slightest! I have read the UPS site and it sounds like you collecting would be an issue :( but I will call them and see what they say. Please don't worry about it though and just do what you were going to do as I doubt they will cave and I don't want to disrupt your weekend! Thanks again :) Best Wishes James

Last edited:

UPS are quite an arse about stuff like that (I work for a massive UK courier provider who integrate with them). Usually the sender has to ring them and ask to change address or arrange a collection, but half the time it will just add a day on because they'll be awkward about changing it all - it might already be loaded on a van for Monday

What I would do James is ring them and give them your mobile number and Freds number and ask them to put it on the delivery for the driver. The drivers are usually really good and if they end up in an industrial estate and can't find a unit they'll ring if they have a number :)

Lionel Richie

I've told UPS to look for "a s**t load of renaults parked outside"

Suspension isn't that urgent, that's easy compared to the rest of it!

WRX

Once you smell baps, look out for BAP.
Looking at it from UPS's point of view, I can sort of see it being an issue because in effect, they haven't completed their obligation by making the delivery

UPS are quite an arse about stuff like that (I work for a massive UK courier provider who integrate with them). Usually the sender has to ring them and ask to change address or arrange a collection, but half the time it will just add a day on because they'll be awkward about changing it all - it might already be loaded on a van for Monday

What I would do James is ring them and give them your mobile number and Freds number and ask them to put it on the delivery for the driver. The drivers are usually really good and if they end up in an industrial estate and can't find a unit they'll ring if they have a number :)
Yes they didn't have any interest in helping which is why I guess they said they didn't know where the box was :(

I spoke to them this morning but they did say it couldn't be collected and it would of had to be Fred with two forms of ID

Yes Phil when i spoke to UPS yesterday I gave them detailed directions (Pretty much as Adam said below lol) Also gave them the phone numbers :) Apparently if they can't deliver them on Monday then they will delivery them back to me automatically :S
I've told UPS to look for "a s**t load of renaults parked outside"

Suspension isn't that urgent, that's easy compared to the rest of it!
Haha I told the other courier that yesterday and it still took him 30 mins of dicking around! I hope you got the other one okay with the handbrake stuff :)
Once you smell baps, look out for BAP.
Looking at it from UPS's point of view, I can sort of see it being an issue because in effect, they haven't completed their obligation by making the delivery
Haha very true thats what I told UPS :)

Yeah hopefully all will be okay on Monday as they aren't been very flexible :( Thanks again Adam really appreciate it and just a shame UPS weren't helpful!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Let me know if they mess you around mate. You can get them delivered here and I'll take them over to Fred for you. In return, you can explain it all to my missus! Lol!

Thanks Mark :) They have said categorically if they dont deliver it Monday then they will come back to me with no other choice so I will just have to drive them down. But I will get to that if it happens :) Haha lol!

Got my to-do list sorted of little jobs that I need to do before Donington. Mainly stuff to do with the data logger, dash and ECU. I have spent my evening looking through my old video's from Donington and also through the data from the data logger which has actually been really handy and shown me a few places that I need to improve :)

The final instructions are out for Donington the times for the day are:

Practice/Qualifying 09:50-10:20
Race 14:55-15:35

If everything goes to plan then I am hoping to be at the circuit Friday night but I haven't discussed if that is realistic yet with Fred ;)

I can't wait for the race and really love Donington so even if it is my last race for this season it should be good and I am confident (finally) that the car will run well and hopefully fairly quickly! I think it will be really odd to race around Donington as I have done so many laps on track days and with a 36 car grid i'm sure it will be exciting :)

The aim for my first race was to finish, the second race was to finish the race higher than I qualified and now I have set myself a target for this race so will be interesting to see how I get on.

Fred has got a mammoth job on his hands to get it ready in time as there is such a long list of little jobs for him to do and then I made it worse by adding to the list things like new driveshafts and front wheel bearings. I am fairly free this week so if I'm not going to get in the way/piss him off and can help out then I will go down and provide a hand, beer, cig's and mccyd's to keep them going!

Fingers crossed :)

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar

I have set myself a target for this race so will be interesting to see how I get on.

​Which is?

Clio 172

I think the target is to get there, but I'm sure with Fred on it that won't be an issue. Might have no suspension but he'll be there.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

I'll push you around if you can get the car there! Lol

Audi A6 & 172 Cup

I feel your pain!
I had hoped UPS might have got their act together since the last time I used them, but clearly not.
I used them when I sent the gearbox out of my Westfield to Quaife for a rebuild. I asked for extra insurance as it was worth £3k+ They failed to collect it 3 times then when they did collect it they promptly lost it! It finally turned up weeks later in a warehouse on the far side of Glasgow, it eventually made it to Quaife a month after I sent it! Thankfully Quaife sent it back via some other courier who knew what they were doing.
To add insult to injury I then got a letter from UPS a few weeks later saying I hadnt paid for the shipping, numerous phone calls later it was sorted but it turned out that although I had specifically asked for the insurance to be increased it was never added to the consignment so the whole time it was sitting effectively "lost" in some random warehouse it was only insured for about £250.

Hope you find where they've sent it to.

Haha thanks for the boost in confidence Kenny... Nice to hear someone who puts my mind at rest :rasp: lol!

That's not good at all though, I always thought UPS were decent but will think again in future!

Evo 5 RS

Depends where you are fella really. We don't get any trouble with them here, but our driver is a saint. Swings and round abouts.

Plus your luck is s**t rotten!!!! lol x

Yeah my local chap has always been great to and always comes at 3.15 on the dot so I don't have to stay in all day like the other couriers lol

Haha thanks for the reminder Mike ;)

Evo 5 RS

lol I wouldn't worry you're not alone! Nothings ever straight forward. You're in good hands now though, need to get mine to BTM when he's not overloaded with your horse ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

What a nice surprise... a courier delivered me a completely random set of suspension this morning... ;)

LOL! Mate, I hope you get it sorted out soon. :D

No comment lol.
Haha I know Adam spoke with Tony earlier and said I wished they had just let you collect it :(
What a nice surprise... a courier delivered me a completely random set of suspension this morning... ;)

LOL! Mate, I hope you get it sorted out soon. :D
Haha at least we would of known where it was ;) lol

Thanks Andy! It's racing on Saturday so not long to go :(
engine is coming out :( whoopie!
Your crazy and I love it ;) See you Wednesday!