ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Evo 5 RS
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

What the fooks wrong with the steering rack? Is it the original one?

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

What the fooks wrong with the steering rack? Is it the original one?
It's had a squeaking since Anglesey, it clunks and has play in the wheel :(. It was also dodgy and intermittent ever since the pump exploded so probably a good idea to sort while the engine can be removed :) I have a spare anyway but might be worth just putting a new one in! The car is going to be pretty much brand new by the end of the week, driveshafts, all wheel bearings, rack, TRE's, Ball joint's, suspension and top mount bearings all since the last race
Rumbled. Damm.
Haha :)

Evo 5 RS

yeah with a new rack n' all that it should feel spot on!

BMW Z4

Just noticed my rack has a very slight knock to it if I move the wheels. I don't feel this when driving it mind you.

I don't know if the knock is anything to worry about Mark but my rack generally has seen better days and while its in bits I would be silly not to sort it. Hope the prep for snett is going well :)

BMW Z4

I don't know if the knock is anything to worry about Mark but my rack generally has seen better days and while its in bits I would be silly not to sort it. Hope the prep for snett is going well :)

Yeh it is only slight so I might leave it for now, as i say under power steering I dont feel it anyways.

Prep is going well buddy, just fitted my new race radiator. Pics soon..

Lionel Richie

Zoltan fixed!
FFhandbrake.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

A gear lever the driver can actually operate?

Genius.

182cup & 172 racecar

With a tiny bit of help :eek:, but yes it works a treat.

WRX

Did you go today then Tony?
Sabotage anything?

182cup & 172 racecar

Yes I did go. Found a nice ecu laying around. ;)

Nice to finally have a handbrake ;) Can do some handbrake turns now yo! Looks awesome

Haha Tony the spy and now sabotaging :slap: lol

I fitted those to hold the microphone cable in place but Fred has already had words with me about it so I have learnt from my mistake and will remove them ;) lol

182cup & 172 racecar

Because it's pant's, that's why.

OMG - that's what jubilee clips are for
Both my CV joints have been held on with Jubilee clips for 2 years since the renault stuff kept popping off lol

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

This thread needs a new title I think.....

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

This thread needs a new title I think.....

That might be difficult politically as the car owner and thread starter are two different people, so who decides? lol

OMG - that's what jubilee clips are for
Both my CV joints have been held on with Jubilee clips for 2 years since the renault stuff kept popping off lol

Same. Funnily enough TDF purchased one off me though ebay a while back with the jubilee clip on lol

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes

That might be difficult politically as the car owner and thread starter are two different people, so who decides? lol

ahhh... good point, well made!

I'd have to start a new thread then!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

ahhh... good point, well made!

I'd have to start a new thread then!

If you had constantly updated threads for all your cars, you would have to employ someone to write them for you or quit your job to have enough time free, lol

ABS no longer exists on the car but instead the brakes are now all plumbed in and sorted :)! I have swapped the stuff over from the old rack to my spare as couldn't get a new one in time so got to hope the spare is okay! Got to fit that back in the morning and also waiting for a new clutch and then box and engine can go back in! Then fit the new loom and hoping we can sort it from the electronics side of things :)

Got to give it to Fred and Zoltan they have pretty much rebuilt most of the car since I left it with them lol! Thanks to Fred for finding me a hotel too as I had been disorganised but he's found me a very nice place with a cracking pub which I have just returned from ;)

Will try and update with pics of what's been done when I get on the computer!

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup

Sounds like good progress James.

Lol at Fred. What next? BTM concierge maybe

Clio 172

00.37am and just returned from the pub? Sounds like my kind of place.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Sounds like epic progress.

Fair play Fred, top man!

182cup & 172 racecar

They won't tell me how's it going, (I'm a spy remember), I've got to go there tomorrow anyway's on the way top Donny.

Apparently it was running at 4am - I'm a little worried about how much sleep everyone will have had last night lol

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

Good luck for the weekend James;)

WRX

Might have to call in on the way home.