ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Clio 172
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

She lives....according to facebook. Fair play to Fred and Zoltan for putting in an allnighter.

WRX
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Yes I can confirm she runs.:clap:

Lionel Richie

Wednesday on the left, today on the right
FFR.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Looks epic. Really neat install now.

Lionel Richie

aux belt thrown off in quali, can of petrol and a match on its way to Donnington, i hate this car LOL!

Clio 172

Its done the aux belt in qualifying? FFS the car is cursed. James is a nice guy but he must have really pissed someone off in a previous life.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

All repaired ready to race at 14:55!

WRX

Let's just say he was announced as driver of the race. Well done mate.
Great race for most of CS teams.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

aux belt thrown off in quali, can of petrol and a match on its way to Donnington, i hate this car LOL!

Any idea why its happened?

I assume it was tensioned correctly etc if you had been in there, so must be some underlying fault?

Ive only ever had it do it when either it was a dodgy aircon delete setup, or a leaky power steering pump put fluid on it, or a seized PAS pump.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

All repaired ready to race at 14:55!

I guess it didnt wrap itself round the pulley and jump the cambelt then? Thats unusually good luck for James.

Id be worried about why it has happened though unless they know of a problem they have fixed?

Lionel Richie

Just the cup tensioner bolt snapped no biggie, happy is one word!

Well done James looking foreward to the results, and well done Fred for getting it all back together.

Regards Russ.........

Absolutely chuffed to bits that he got a proper day in it

Wish I could have been there but I couldn't make it over :(

Hope there'll be a write up and video when he's had some rest :D

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

heard a filthy rumour he drove the arse off it and set a faster best lap than Tony or Jay. Don't f**k about now will you James :eek:

Feck me!!

From the few times I've seen him out there, the lad drives f**king well, just a shame the car never let him show it before. Seriously happy :D

172 Race Car

I'm still at Donny helping James pack up. I'm so happy for him. His day went from 'the usual' to amazing. Brilliant, brilliant result. That sets him up well for next year now. The car is working well (still some bits to sort out)

Again. Well done mate. So happy for you. Good lad!

Lionel Richie

The guy is a weapon, carbon monoxide in the cab the whole race and he comes home 5th - weapon (inhaling my smoke all week trained him for that ;-))

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

If there was ever a trophy for driver of the day James should get it (althought Stuart wouldn't think so - dirty little rat !! Lol ) that's racing.

At least now you got yourself a RACE CAR!!!!

Of to bed now work at 3am roll on oulton park 3 weeks time and no HOnda with any Jordan's driving!

Lionel Richie

was he the guy giving it mouth after the race?

great result.. about time you got a good day in the car

53 Clio's & counting

Great to hear mate well done!!

182cup & 172 racecar

After the week that everybody involved has had. Well done guys.

Nice driving.

Clio 172

Tony it looks like James was following the Hunter school of racing technique.

172 Race Car

Lol, wait till you see the video.

Again mate, trully epic day for you and considering how it started I dont think you could of done any better.

Well done

Clio 172

Jay I can't wait to see the video. It's been an appauling week at work topped off today with a bunch of idiots. I could have had the day off and we would have still sold as many cars.

Congratulations James great result.

What actually happened with this other driver?

Lionel Richie

wrong side of bed i think, think he forgot that sometimes motorsport has contact (not intentional) i'll await the video but BIGSauberASH did nowt wrong, rubbing's racing!

they ain't playing tiddly winks ;)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

This s**t's chess, it aint checkers!!

denzel-washington-training-day.jpg

Evo 5 RS

Can't wait for the write up to this one lol.

Well done mate, genuinely chuffed for you after all the agro! Sounds like you released the whole year of fury in one race lmao.

Nice work Fred as well! Just goes to show

WRX

I was looking for the lost property office to see if anybody had handed his dummy in. Wasn't going to mention it but the more I think about it, he wasn't exactly setting a good example shouting off IMO.

Thanks to everyone for the good luck and well done messages not been on the forum for a while so lots of them and really appreciate them :)!

Sorry for all the quotes below!

I will try and do the write up and the video ASAP :)

Apparently it was running at 4am - I'm a little worried about how much sleep everyone will have had last night lol
Yes we were all a little tired lol ;)
00.37am and just returned from the pub? Sounds like my kind of place.
Haha yes Andy it was a great place that Fred found me :)
Wednesday on the left, today on the right
FFR.jpg
Looks a million times better mate and is now understandable for me what it what :) A before pic ;)216101_276924709089301_1158784339_n.jpg
Looks epic. Really neat install now.
Yes its so much better top job by BTM on not only making everything work but tidying it up massively
Let's just say he was announced as driver of the race. Well done mate.
Great race for most of CS teams.
Haha thanks for that Adam and thanks for coming :)! I still can't believe I got driver of the race lol
I guess it didnt wrap itself round the pulley and jump the cambelt then? Thats unusually good luck for James.

Id be worried about why it has happened though unless they know of a problem they have fixed?
No it didn't thankfully but I was fearing that as it was really bogging down but then I was informed that will be due to drop in voltage! I still had to limp round to complete my 3 laps otherwise wouldn't have been allowed to race!
Absolutely chuffed to bits that he got a proper day in it

Wish I could have been there but I couldn't make it over :(

Hope there'll be a write up and video when he's had some rest :D
Thanks Phil I was so happy with the race! Didn't have a clue where I had finished and thought on my last lap I was overtaking Sam and Chase for position

I wondered where you were but didn't have my phone with me so couldn't text

There certainly will be but it might be Tuesday as I'm supposedly away this evening and tomorrow!
heard a filthy rumour he drove the arse off it and set a faster best lap than Tony or Jay. Don't f**k about now will you James :eek:
Haha lol I just was pushing like mad and over pushing in places it was good fun and really enjoyed it for once :)
Feck me!!

From the few times I've seen him out there, the lad drives f**king well, just a shame the car never let him show it before. Seriously happy :D
Haha thanks mate :) The car was just incomparable to anything like it has been before!
I'm still at Donny helping James pack up. I'm so happy for him. His day went from 'the usual' to amazing. Brilliant, brilliant result. That sets him up well for next year now. The car is working well (still some bits to sort out)

Again. Well done mate. So happy for you. Good lad!
Thanks for the kind words mate means a lot and also staying around to help me out and then go for some food :)

Really so happy makes it all worth it! Hope it's a bit of payback for the 1am messages asking for help ;)
The guy is a weapon, carbon monoxide in the cab the whole race and he comes home 5th - weapon (inhaling my smoke all week trained him for that ;-))
Haha thanks Fred, the car wanted to finish so I had to stick in there lol! The smoking could be a valid point :p

I just need to get the new BTM exhaust when it comes out and then won't be killed by the fumes! Chop Chop Oulton in less than 3 weeks if still doing it :)
If there was ever a trophy for driver of the day James should get it (althought Stuart wouldn't think so - dirty little rat !! Lol ) that's racing.

At least now you got yourself a RACE CAR!!!!

Of to bed now work at 3am roll on oulton park 3 weeks time and no HOnda with any Jordan's driving!
Haha thanks Mike really happy with the whole day and really thank you to you and Nick for the pitstop :) It certainly is a race car now pic's of damage to follow shortly lol
After the week that everybody involved has had. Well done guys.

Nice driving.
Thanks Tony yes it was a hard week but was well worth it and I could tell it was just looking better even before getting to donny just lots more positive :)

Thanks mate I could hear you in my head telling me not to ***** around and get stuck in so I hope the video proves I was listening to you ;)
Tony it looks like James was following the Hunter school of racing technique.
Yes Andy as above Tony said after Brands I need to get closer racing to the others car and I think I adopted that this weekend!
Lol, wait till you see the video.

Again mate, trully epic day for you and considering how it started I dont think you could of done any better.

Well done
The video is rather funny :) The drift is the best bit!

Yes I was just hoping to get into the top 20 but it was a very welcome surprise when Mike told me!

Congratulations James great result.

What actually happened with this other driver?
Just a few bits of contact and after the race we had words but to be fair in that scenario no one is ever going to agree and I don't think I had done anything wrong but I am a novice and am probably wrong. See what you think to the video but it doesn't bother me as the damage doesn't need repairing I will just chuck some more wrap on top of it lol!
Brilliant news James. Sounds like your fortunes have turn. What are your lottery numbers ;)
Haha thanks mate! Yes I think it has thankfully! I'm no where near lucky enough to do the lottery yet lol ;) I will reply to your PM when I get 2 secs
Can't wait for the write up to this one lol.

Well done mate, genuinely chuffed for you after all the agro! Sounds like you released the whole year of fury in one race lmao.

Nice work Fred as well! Just goes to show
Haha yes it was rather a busy week and then race lol!

Thanks Mike, it has made it all worth it and felt like a win to me even before I knew what position I had finished. Haha wait until you see the video ;)

Yes BTM's work speaks for itself I think, not just the position in the race but the difference in lap time from a few months ago round donny is 7 seconds! Shame we couldn't test as I think another at least 1 second could be knocked off that through damper settings and tyre pressures but it will all come with time :)
I was looking for the lost property office to see if anybody had handed his dummy in. Wasn't going to mention it but the more I think about it, he wasn't exactly setting a good example shouting off IMO.
Haha lol Adam, heat of the moment I think and didn't help with my carbon monoxide poising lol! We made up in the end and it has been forgotten thankfully :)