ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

RB 182
Love the bonnet, I think the whole car should have a similar scheme. It does look very polished and perfect for a race car though ;)

Love the bonnet, I think the whole car should have a similar scheme. It does look very polished and perfect for a race car though ;)
Thanks Mike :) Yes it should all come together nicely especially next week when some more bits come back from the powdercoaters! Haha yes I am a big tart and will do my best of keeping it looking mint lol!
I used 5/16" hose. So far, so good!
Yes I think that is just a shade under 8mm so is probably the perfect size! If I can't make the -6 pipe work then I will do a little in 5/16's and then get an adapter to go to the thicker bore :) Thanks for the help

lol can't wait to see this bonnet now
I think sprayshack will be putting some photos on here tomorrow :)
What's the point in going upto thicker bore AFTER a restriction?

just stick at 5/16 and get a swirlpot to suit
No point other than a safe connection

Wanting to run AN fittings throughout for piece of mind rather than push and jubilee clips and obviously can't get 5/16's in AN fittings :(

Do you think I should sack off the AN fittings then? I was told by lots of people they are much safer?

EDIT: Also the swirl pot only has a -6 input but then a -8 output

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Mine wasn't BTB mate lol! I was told it was BTB by TDF but it was just a K-tec exhaust that fit really badly and had the tailpipes chopped off for the *BTCC sliding tailpipes* (Read Halfords tailpipe trims)

I have seen BTB's work mate and it is very good indeed! For me though it had to be single back box for weight so hence the idea of BTB making one specially

when he told me this over dinner I was shocked.... one of the worst stories I have heard in my MANY years around modded cars... sadly for James... it was just another small part of a truely horrific horror story.

Sad... coz honestly James is one of the nicest people I have EVER met and is a SUPER generous and trusting guy.... who can REALLY REALLY pedal!

Personally mate... Put the car away for a bit. I can store it safely for you as long as you want.

Go abroad WITH your girlfriend and take the job who have been offered.

You had a go at racing and the donno race was one of the best things I have ever seen! AMAZING!

but real life takes priority.

Take a breather from the car mate. Sort your work life out and come back to it. Work HAS to come first!

Trust me I'm old and semi sensible!

Last edited:
when he told me this over dinner I was shocked.... one of the worst stories I have heard in my MANY years around modded cars... sadly for James... it was just another small part of a truely horrific horror story.

Sad... coz honestly James is one of the nicest people I have EVER met and is a SUPER generous and trusting guy.... who can REALLY REALLY pedal!

Personally mate... but the car away. I can store it safely for you as long as you want,

Go abroad WITH your girlfriend and take the job who have been offered.

You had a go at racing and the donno race was one of the best things I have ever seen! AMAZING!

but real life takes priority.

Take a breather from the car mate. Sort your work life out and come back to it. Work HAS to come first!

Trust me I'm old and semi sensible!
Yes crazy isn't it mate :(

Very kind of you say thank you :eek:

Yes I fully agree with you about everything there (Apart from the abroad bit ;)) Already made some decisions and won't be racing again until i'm fully sorted, hopefully this will be by next season but will just see what happens! Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it and it is something I have already come to the conclusion myself, just wanted to get to the end of this season and have a bit of fun which I have now done so time to grow up me thinks :( lol!

Also pmsl at you been 'old and semi sensible' you are neither :rasp:

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
I might have a std 60k 172 cup engine you can have for free.... let you know in few days.

I'd stick to std engines. My engines amazing and awesome build and design by Chip and Mike and you know how well it goes, but it was ALOT of money and thats money YOU could spend on racing and repairing and other bits....

Get yourself sorted. If you need storage. Let me know. Now STOP spending and even THINKING about the car!

Wow that is very kind thank you mate, but I would obviously give you something for it :)

Yes it is certainly a very possible option and is certainly the job on the bottom of the pile for spending money on at the moment!

That is such a generous offer thanks :) I should be okay until the house sells and that doesn't seem to be happening very quickly so nothing to worry about for now!

I am cutting back ;) I'm taking the smokers approach to quitting with the car and just reducing the intake for now lol! Nothing major happening with it just little jobs and as I said a few pages back wiring, engine and suspension stuff is going to wait until all sorted :)

Thanks again
James

In the meantime we can use the trailer to track blo0dDiamond! Anglesey?! Using your tyres obviously as ours are s**t ;)

Weekend away, get a few together, what say you Yorkshire?

In the meantime we can use the trailer to track blo0dDiamond! Anglesey?! Using your tyres obviously as ours are s**t ;)

Weekend away, get a few together, what say you Yorkshire?
Haha yes mate anytime you want :)! 888's have got at least another trackday in them so no problemo's :D

Would be a good laugh lets get it sorted

Car is now in bits

I managed to get the rest of the engine apart and have now found the complete ARP that had come out of the knackered rod and the one that has sheared in two from the other side of that rod. The piston has then obviously gone upto the top of the bore and smacked the head as the piston has crumpled and the valves on that cylinder are bent.

file-21.jpg
file-20.jpg
file-23.jpg
file-22.jpg

The next job was to get the wiring loom out, unfortunately it has obviously been wired up in the car so connections have been made around the cage and it was then impossible to get it out without cutting it. The loom will be re-done for next season as this really isn't what I was expecting from spending in excess of 3k on wiring.

file-16.jpg
file-24.jpg

I have taken nearly everything off the car now. Little details like the battery was bolted to the bulkhead but you couldn't get to the nuts without taking the engine out are obviously not good if a battery fails in a race weekend so loads of little jobs like this will be done properly when it all goes back together. Some parts will be going for powder coating and the engine bay/underside of the car will be getting sprayed so it is much easier to wipe down and check for leaks instead of the current finish.

file-18.jpg
file-17.jpg
file-19.jpg

I need to find someone local who can weld to a decent standard as the seat rails and gear linkage position need moving along with some changes to the suspension mountings.

file-25.jpg

I will be then respraying the inside of the car before re-assembling everything, the Clio DCI PAS will be then getting fitted and I will be modifying the pedal box due to a few issues I have had with it this year. It really is just going to be a winter of small modifications just learning from the past year.

Still not got a clue about the engine but I will worry about that in a few months when its actually needed.

E46 M3 + Ph1 172
You moving the gearstick closer to the original mounting now?

Whats the length of that arp compared tot he other half of a cap?

That should tell you if it just snapped, or wound out first.

Does anyone one know which pins on the fuel pump are + and - as there are 4 and I don't want to put 12v through the sensor for obvious reasons

I need to drain the tank as it's nearly full and need to then drop the tank before rolling the car to work on the underside

Thanks

I drained my tank before dropping. I was worried it would distort as I undid the bolts as it had so much fuel in it.

Couldn't get a pipe in there due to the anti siphon stuff had to remove the bottom hose hold the flap open with a screw driver with a bucket underneath it lol.

I was covered in fuel by the end of it.

182cup & 172 racecar
If you dont want to syphon it, take the pump out and use one of those pipes with a valve in from Halfords, just shake it up and down to start it off.

I drained my tank before dropping. I was worried it would distort as I undid the bolts as it had so much fuel in it.

Couldn't get a pipe in there due to the anti siphon stuff had to remove the bottom hose hold the flap open with a screw driver with a bucket underneath it lol.

I was covered in fuel by the end of it.
That is a good point actually Mark! Mmm where is there a bottom pipe?
If you dont want to syphon it, take the pump out and use one of those pipes with a valve in from Halfords, just shake it up and down to start it off.
Somebody :headno: decided to weld a roll cage over it so it can't be removed without dropping the tank lol!

PMSL!!!! What's in the way? bars or flat plates?
The main hoop is further back in my car and the straight bar that runs along the rear squab area is directly above the fuel pump area, I could probably break the pump and then get it round but dont fancy doing that lol! I will just go and try with some bits of wire and a battery on the connector :)