ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm actually pretty glad you've broken the OCD cycle

I had to do the same - constantly buying the very best camera gear, and trying to buy the absolute best I could for the car has meant this last year I've only done 1 track day. Utter lunacy and my mates slapped me about a bit.

Sold all my camera gear and bought a camera that was "good enough", settled for KW V2 coilovers rather than stretching for AST's - and now I have money in the bank for a track day at least every month next year AND a trip to monaco/swiss alps/ring/spa - so chuffed to bits

I find having a bit of OCD can really hurt your hobbies as you spend so much time trying to do everything perfect you never get to enjoy it :(

Exactly..........

TrackCar & F30 330d
Deffently a good decition on doing the wiring yourself! The principle of wiring is quite easy! It just takes a long time, took me so long because i was wanting it to look neat and tidy! I still have to do the finishing touches when i come back!

So when's your deadline for this car to be up and running and in a position to test it?

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
I thought with that update you had considered selling up and buying another shell/car race prepped or just pulling out of the racing all together!

So more money to get a van? Lol

I'm actually pretty glad you've broken the OCD cycle

I had to do the same - constantly buying the very best camera gear, and trying to buy the absolute best I could for the car has meant this last year I've only done 1 track day. Utter lunacy and my mates slapped me about a bit.

Sold all my camera gear and bought a camera that was "good enough", settled for KW V2 coilovers rather than stretching for AST's - and now I have money in the bank for a track day at least every month next year AND a trip to monaco/swiss alps/ring/spa - so chuffed to bits

I find having a bit of OCD can really hurt your hobbies as you spend so much time trying to do everything perfect you never get to enjoy it :(
Yes mate definitly :) The car is too much fun just to leave in the garage!
Deffently a good decition on doing the wiring yourself! The principle of wiring is quite easy! It just takes a long time, took me so long because i was wanting it to look neat and tidy! I still have to do the finishing touches when i come back!

So when's your deadline for this car to be up and running and in a position to test it?
Yes I think making it look nice will take me ages lol!

It was to get it ready for the Bedford day in Feb but that won’t happen realistically will be end of March so will also miss the Burpspeed Llandow day that I wanted to do :(
I thought with that update you had considered selling up and buying another shell/car race prepped or just pulling out of the racing all together!

So more money to get a van? Lol
No Mike that will never happen ;)

Haha well the towing and load lugging seems to have taken its toll on the BM this year and its now over 80k miles so i’m going to sell it on and in return get a van and a daily.

you know you want to come over to my side James, 438's and 850kg's is all you need - keep it simple and v cheap....(ok...870kg atm)......look forward to out dragging you with your AT's...morwahhahahahaahahahaahahahaa.(have I been drinking.....)

I do think the 438’s are very good indeed but I would never get my car that light without changing cages and then I probably weigh about 60kg’s more than you lol! I’m sure you’ll still come flying past me on the straights :( My brakes are finally working well though so now I can see if they are better than a std clio setup by trying to out brake you ;) Power wise it depends if I can do a better job on installing my cams than when they were originally fitted and time them up correctly as it seems that is where mine was loosing the power :(

I'm sure you'll do it better..! your driving is by far more committed than ours so I doubt you'll not be held up for long... must meet for an actual test day at some point when your done as that'll be a good time to compare your renaissance.

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
I'm sure you'll do it better..! your driving is by far more committed than ours so I doubt you'll not be held up for long... must meet for an actual test day at some point when your done as that'll be a good time to compare your renaissance.

I'm up for that. ;)

Thanks I hope it doesn’t blow up lol!

Definitely Pete sounds like a plan to me and all the better if Tony is up for it too! I am going to have to cut back on testing next season but I am definitely going to be testing at some point at Cadwell (never driven it before) and Donington and I think I remember you saying you were doing Cadwell Pete? Tony are you doing Cadwell aswell? Either way though we will get something sorted out :)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Javelin usually do opl days at cadwell for for around £120, and they currently have some on there at £99 book early price. I'd be tempted to come up with you if you go. Absolutely love cadwell!

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I'm after a knackered gearbox if anyone has one , I'm actually after the top section of the bellhousing as I need to hold the crank sensor in place when it goes on the dyno , so i'm after the top section of the bellhousing to hold the sensor and bolt it onto the engine , does anyone have a buggered gearbox I can get picked up , or has a box they can cut a section out for me

Getting desperate now as its holding me up taking the engine to the dyno

Cheers Ian

Golf GTD Mk7
I'm after a knackered gearbox if anyone has one , I'm actually after the top section of the bellhousing as I need to hold the crank sensor in place when it goes on the dyno , so i'm after the top section of the bellhousing to hold the sensor and bolt it onto the engine , does anyone have a buggered gearbox I can get picked up , or has a box they can cut a section out for me

Getting desperate now as its holding me up taking the engine to the dyno

Cheers Ian

Can you not get something fabricated Ian?

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Can you not get something fabricated Ian?

Anything is possible , but it would have to be in exactly the right place otherwise the mapping would be wrong , so a section of the bellhousing is perfect for the job , I have done it now , I was contacted by a member on here only up the road from me who had a knackered gearbox I bought for a tenner , so all sorted now

Cheers Ian

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Dead easy on the map to just work out a different offset but sounds like you are sorted now anyway :)
I've got a bell housing if you get let down, will be going with the scrap next weekend anyway so could get it posted if you get let down.

Engine finished and ready to go in :)

file-35.jpg

220 Trophy
Nice Orange there James!!

Sorry to hijack your thread for a moment James but I'm desperate and I thought you or some of the regulars on here might be able to help - I need to get hold of a PH1 172 dashboard loom. To cut a long story short I had a go at stripping it back and obviously I fcuked up because it's not a happy car!! Would be easy just to replace it and leave alone this time!!. Thanks Mark

Nice Orange there James!!

Sorry to hijack your thread for a moment James but I'm desperate and I thought you or some of the regulars on here might be able to help - I need to get hold of a PH1 172 dashboard loom. To cut a long story short I had a go at stripping it back and obviously I fcuked up because it's not a happy car!! Would be easy just to replace it and leave alone this time!!. Thanks Mark
Haha thanks :)

Yes the dashboard loom is very tricky to cut back. The rear loom from the brown connector back is nice and simple though!

Yeah I would just pop a new loom back in mate! Have a look in the for sale section as there are a few ph1's being broken so should be able to get one easily/cheaply

What's not working on the car it might just be a simple fix? The thing I noticed on my standard ph2 loom was that alot of earths are shared from one wire so I would check you have an earth to everything that needs one

220 Trophy
Haha thanks :)

Yes the dashboard loom is very tricky to cut back. The rear loom from the brown connector back is nice and simple though!

Yeah I would just pop a new loom back in mate! Have a look in the for sale section as there are a few ph1's being broken so should be able to get one easily/cheaply

What's not working on the car it might just be a simple fix? The thing I noticed on my standard ph2 loom was that alot of earths are shared from one wire so I would check you have an earth to everything that needs one

Thanks James. Too many little gremlins to explain but like you say I think I must have pulled an earth wire out of one of the connectors and therefore don't think it's a simple fix. I'm on the hunt for a replacement loom.......

Ha ha - don't sow such expensive seeds............
Haha my bad :eek:
Saw the engine on Fb James and it looks very nice. Have you built it all up on your own this time?
Thanks Andy! Had help from a mate yesterday with the cambelt and as I haven't done one before so made the most of him and his tools to show me the way to do it :)
Such a tart James with that engine...

Does look nice though... ;)
Haha lol you know it Nick ;)