ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black 172

Black 172
Hi im new to the forum my names alex :) ive just bought a 172 heres a few pictures.

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0276.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

[ATTACH=full]683167[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]683168[/ATTACH]

The cars done 46k and hasnt had belts changed so first things first im going to get them done and give it a good service

After that im thinking
Coilovers
Brembo max discs
Matched inlets
Front bumper sorted out as they're are a few bits where the previous owner has scuffed it :mad:
V6 airbox (maybe)
Turinis (maybe)

Any Comments welcome cheers :approve:

Attachments

• DSC_0287.jpg
    DSC_0287.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0271.jpg
    DSC_0271.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13
B

bigrich690

car looks so gurrrd mate, very clean to me :) clear side repeaters, splitter cup spoiler and "down boi" lower her ;)

Black 172
Hmm i considered a splitter but imo they're not worth the money you pay for them.

Car could probably do with a good polish its just getting time to spend all day on cleaning and polishing it

Ive been thinking about clear side reps also but i dunno im kind of liking the orange i dont know why as most people dont!

B

bigrich690

you could get a meg splitter if thats cheaper, i got one and it looks like a cup one and i got it cheap on here, as for side reps, i like clear, you like orange, its your car, do as you please, nice car mate :)

Black 172
Ahh I've seen that thread before but wasn't sure about how it would be fitted being vag and not renault I might have to invest in one :)

Cheers for the help guys

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Hasnt had the belts changed?! Good luck with that one! 72k or 5 years, it must be like 7/8 years now?! :eek:

Looking good though, best colour ;)

Black 172
few little updates:

Ive got a horrible noise coming from near my main interior light. Can anyone tell me what this is

Gaynoise.jpg

Do i need this as the buzzing noise is so annoying!?

Bought myself a skoda splitter :D got it fitted the day i bought it but havent been near a computer in a while. Here it is fitted

splitter.jpg

Sorry for the crappy picture it was way too sunny and i didnt have my cam with me so phone pic unfortunately!

Black 172 PH2
I get the same noise mate.
Can be replaced, think its around £20.
I haven't replaced it as i drive everywhere with the windows down, and forget about it lol.

Black 172
Not been on here properly in a while been too busy to stop and write anything in my project but i thought id make time and do abit of an update.

Been to BTM not long ago and had my belts done by Fred (lovely chap isnt he:eek:). so Belts have been done now, fred also told me that they had been done before but someone had bodged them as there was there was a leak from my cam seals. anyway all sorted now so a big thanks to fred.

I've given it a service: plugs, oil, oil filter and air filter.

Done a few things externally also

DSC_0570.jpg

Aero Wipers
DSC_0564.jpg

Carbon Fibre Rear Badge
DSC_0561.jpg

Carbon Fibre Front Badge
DSC_0562.jpg

Fabia Front Splitter
DSC_0563.jpg

Colour Coded Bullets

And just thought id add a side snap also
DSC_0565.jpg

at a bit of a cross roads at the minute, considering getting a diesel and buying a weekend car/Project.

If i keep the car next things to do are:
Get it through MOT
Coilovers
Brembo brakes and some sort of pads (maybe willwoods)
2118s in anthracite.
Do abit of stripping.

What do people use on there plastics? Mine are looking absolutely shagged!

Black 172
I've tried auto glym stuff I don't like like it tbh! Too greasy, want a matt finish. Was gonna try the dodo juice super natural trim stuff!
I probably would miss my little clio. There amazing to drive.
But I wouldn't miss the running costs and how they fall apart!
Listen to me anyone would think I'm 40 not 21