ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold 182 FF

BG 182 FF
I have wanted a Clio Sport for a very long time and now insurance is now reasonable enough and can afford my first.
So i thought i had better of start a proper project thread.

So this is what I've got:
Black Gold 182 FF , 05 plate, 44,000 miles.

The car is in fairly good condition inside and out, and after owning a 1.2L for 2 years prior I am currently just enjoying driving it although the snow is preventing me having a proper drive.

I have bought a lot of detailing gear ready, the car is full of swirls at the moment and plastics need restoring desperately, although I am looking forward to getting it up together ready for this years shows and just enjoying the car in between.

The car should have came with xenons as standard although the person to owned it prior to me told me it has always been like this since he has owned it?
I have picked up a pair in good condition on eBay and am now waiting for them to arrive to get them fitted.

Anyway here's the plans I have for the car so far:
  • Removing tints (This is the first job, can hardly see to park or switch lanes!!)
  • Fitting Xenons (When they have arrived and weather allows me to do so)
  • Fabia splitter
  • Remap (not for a while yet)
  • Engine cover & Battery cover
  • Front and Rear strut brace
  • Induction kit
  • Aftermarket Exhaust (KTR stealth? suggestions welcome)
  • Paint Callipers (black or gold?)
  • Fresh plates (3/4 possibly)
  • After Market speakers
And parts I took from the old car which will be fitted:
  • Wind Deflectors
  • Silver visions
  • Aero wipers
  • Type R Aerial
  • Sony Xplod Head unit
Anyway, here are a few photos of it (includes snow content)

1pz7y9.jpg

1puoo0.jpg

27y5o6.jpg

I will take some better photos when the weather has cleared up and once I can get some work done on it!

Plans sound good. But if I was getting an exhaust it would have to be the BTM system. Looks brilliant from the photos, supposed to sound good and the build quality is second to none. Some good performance gains also apparently... Jon

BG 182 FF
Plans sound good. But if I was getting an exhaust it would have to be the BTM system. Looks brilliant from the photos, supposed to sound good and the build quality is second to none. Some good performance gains also apparently... Jon

Sounds good, Thanks for the info, I've done a bit of research and it sounds really good, I will definitely keep it in mind when it comes to new exhaust!

BG 182 FF
Also managed to get all the tints off today, looks 100% better, will post pics of before and after soon!
Although managed to break one of the heating elements on the back window, even though I was being as careful as possible, looks like I will be getting a new back window...

Really itching to start cleaning it, especially seeing as it is now covered in salt thanks to the M3.

Renaultsport Clio 182
the back box of the BTM exhaust is clearly visible from the rear which really annoys me. Yozza system is good but it's very loud & could get tiring if you use your car as a daily driver. I've got a custom Pro-Speed cat back system oon mine which I love. Sounds good when you nail it but its not obtrusive when driving at 70ish on my daily commute. Win win for me

BG 182 FF
Removed the tints, used a hair drier and a razor and peeled them off, then removed the residue just using soapy water, then cleaned them up properly afterwards. Looking much better already!

Before:
2d1vbeh.jpg

a337nr.jpg

After:
156pxys.jpg

2z84uhu.jpg

Also, today was the first day I have had off where it hasn't either been snowing or raining, so I got to play with a few cleaning bits that I bought, Iron-X and Megs NXT Generation Metal Polish, both have worked wonders and looking forward to getting my hands on the alloys with it.

2l95tav.jpg

Here is what it's done on the exhaust:
Before:
2rwrpz8.jpg

After:
33kvjiu.jpg

And here's a few of the other bits that I have cleaned up:

15jdiw.jpg

sxztr5.jpg

famtkj.jpg

2ro2xar.jpg

347k49e.jpg

I have put the head unit from my old car into this one now looking much better, the one that came with the car was horrible! Although I am going to buy a fascia for this one to finish it off.

Before:
14y2ty8.jpg

After:
2d8gnjk.jpg

Also gave the leather a quick clean up with some leather balsam I use on my sofa, turned out quite well:

23snk5.jpg

35iqbt0.jpg

The xenons arrived although unfortunately got broken in postage, luckily the guy was decent enough to refund me once I had sent them back to him. On the look out for a pair that I can pick up on here now.

And last but not least ;)......

33y6sts.jpg

RenaultSport 182FF
Some nice additions/idea's in here which look awfully familiar ;)

Keep at it and she'll treat you right :)

BG 182 FF
Some nice additions/idea's in here which look awfully familiar ;)

Keep at it and she'll treat you right :)

Can you tell I've looked at your thread before?
Looking forward to getting stuck into some proper detailing when this weather clears up!

RenaultSport 182FF
Can you tell I've looked at your thread before?
Looking forward to getting stuck into some proper detailing when this weather clears up!

Ohh just a little ;)

Yeah I bet, hopefully it will clear up for you to be able to get some serious work done mate :) Have fun!

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Are you sure it's a ff and not a normal 182 with cup wheels and spoilers? Best way to check is to measure the hubs.

Non cup - 54mm, cup/cup pack - 60mm. Only reason I say is because xenons were standard on ff 182.
Car looks so much better de chav'd/de tinted.

Dan@mad on here does nice battery covers and engine covers always come up here in the for sale section cheap :)

BG 182 FF
It will definately look alot better when you get the facia :) Great work cleaning up the car. Keep it up

Oh and as for the exhaust, is this the one your meaning? http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1264&appid=2 Looks like a good idea to me

Yeah need to look about for the fascia, need a new gear knob too, either just a new insert or thinking of one of these.
m7uhop.jpg

And that exhaust is a possibility or this one:
http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2419&appid=2

BG 182 FF
Are you sure it's a ff and not a normal 182 with cup wheels and spoilers? Best way to check is to measure the hubs.

Non cup - 54mm, cup/cup pack - 60mm. Only reason I say is because xenons were standard on ff 182.
Car looks so much better de chav'd/de tinted.

Dan@mad on here does nice battery covers and engine covers always come up here in the for sale section cheap :)

Alright mate I will measure it and find out, cheers for pointing that out :)

Getting the xenons soon, shame the ones that got posted broke otherwise they would be on!
I will keep an eye out and get some, cant wait to start tidying the engine bay up, want to polish up the inlet manifold especially.

BG 182 FF
Has the bottom of the front number plate been cut off?

I like your plans though!

Cheers man
The person who had it before has put black insulation tape over the bottom of it, I have some fresh plates waiting to go on in my flat and a 3/4 plate on the way!

BG 182 FF
Been on holiday for a week and had the car down at Rentech in Portsmouth, so got some bits done on my car whilst I was away:

• Cambelt and acc belt
  • Oil and Filter
  • Air Filter
  • Brake Fluid
  • Coolant
  • Dephaser Pulley
  • Rear Brake pads
  • OS Track Rod end
  • Wheels Aligned
  • Spark Plugs
  • Pollen Filter
  • New front wheel arches (Others had rub marks)

Very impressed with their service and looked after my car for me whilst I was away, good stuff will definitely be going there for more work when I need it doing! Car is now running smoothly and sounds nice.

Also should be picking a new induction kit up off of a member on here soon, ITG Maxogen Induction Kit, nice carbon fibre, apparently adds 7bhp to stock cars and give a nice sound:
http://merlinmotorsport.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=18825 utm_medium=ShoppingUK&utm_campaign=ShoppingUK

Next jobs that need doing to the car when I get a bit more money:
  • Exhaust
  • New OSF tyre, high quality to go with the others too.

BG 182 FF
Picked the induction kit up earlier on this week, itching to get it on now!
The weather was kind today and it's the first time on a day off it has been, since I've had the car so I got a couple of little bits done:

Swapped Aerial over from the standard to the Type-R one

Before
x2qibd.jpg

After
1zbgodx.jpg

Put the Team Heko wind deflectors on

2jw7kh.jpg

Put the silver visions in

Before
qpf0v7.jpg

2808p5l.jpg

After
bgznk.jpg

35mjzpk.jpg

Also got to work with some Gtechniq C4 permanent trim restorer, it's expensive but by far one of the best products I have ever bought (excuse water marks)

Before
dvhe0x.jpg

After
2hoycud.jpg

1q318z.jpg

Before
30kc1o0.jpg

After
29402e0.jpg

Before
2nls86a.jpg

23mq2p0.jpg

After
2lmuzch.jpg

35lu2dz.jpg

Before
33bo4l1.jpg

After
6pxpx0.jpg

Before
wb5k7r.jpg

After
2d8q6xd.jpg

Also just a few photos of the car

1gk40w.jpg

2lmkyn6.jpg

BG 182 FF
Had the afternoon off of work, so I managed to get the induction kit on.
Easy job, no problems! I'm pleased with it so far, sounds good, especially around 4k.

Really need to start cleaning the engine bay up now though!

14t0dhi.jpg

2dkehag.jpg

hwiyz9.jpg

BG 182 FF
Had a few hour spare before work this morning so spent the time with a wire brush on the inlet manifold, its a good start though

a4wmeg.jpg

BG 182 FF
Headlight washers and no xenons? Looks pretty clean though, I need to restore my faded plastic bits of trim like you did!

Yeah I know man, Previous owner had always had them on there as well, going to get myself a new set soon anyway, I did get some posted but they were broken when they got delivered luckily the guy was decent enough to give me a refund but on the look out for local ones to avoid it happening again.

Yeah it's expensive stuff but amazing, all plastic are deep as when I did them.

BG 182 FF
Gave the car a little bit of a clean up today, it was getting filthy!!

Washed it off with some Autoglym shampoo conditioner, Went over all the little obvious blemishes with Meg's scratch-x 2.0, applied some Dodo juice lime prime, then applied some Poorboys polish with Carnuaba wax by hand and finally Poorboys EX sealant.

Looking forward to spending a whole day on the car when work allows me to!

Here's how she looks at the moment:

2mwugkp.jpg

35lrmv5.jpg

9llrox.jpg

2lj2rva.jpg

Also spent a little while on the engine bay giving it a clean up, nothing special although I have quite a few plans to tidy it up.

30vyc74.jpg

4qpmg.jpg

34sqget.jpg

Picked up an engine cover which I'm thinking of doing in black and some carbon wrap to play with off of eBay, also considering doing the diamonds in black or carbon? I have a set of fresh plates waiting to go on and get rid of that silly plate that's on the front and the moment- going to get a 3/4 plate at some point.

Lots and lots of plans, watch this space ;)

BG 182 FF
My recent eBay Purchase History, also hoping to get a bit done on the car tomorrow as its my first day off in ages!

rmns54.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
You should always have a look on the traders section mate. I'm sure you could buy all those off here plus being a member you get discount :)

You did well on the megs g220 :)

BG 182 FF
Put new plates on today finally and gave it a little bit of a clean, also I did the gear knob insert and dash strips in carbon wrap, I want alacantra strips eventually but this looks ok for now:

yo1li.jpg

2ds1oat.jpg

25ezbky.jpg

34dst9f.jpg

zjgmsh.jpg

15czoky.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
No 3/4 plate then?

May want to top up the coolant at somepoint soon as it looks to be on the min line. Not sure what is in that though as it doesn't look like the typical Type D colour. (Might just be camera/bottle discolouration).

BG 182 FF
Cracked the polisher out and gave the bonnet a go, still needs some work but looking much better:
14e3ymb.jpg

clio 182
When I had the car just over a year ago the propa head lights was in it. Also it is already maped if u sit it the car wate for it to warm up then put your foot the the floor it will sit around 4500k launch control and driving it when warm of u go over 5k and take ur foot off it might pop a Littel I had a miltec on it with dcat and it sounded sweet