ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Golf Gti What products should i use?

BMW 330D
Id like some advice of the cleaning master please (Rich ;))
My mate has a black Golf Gti. It has a fair few swirl marks on it and he is on a pretty low budget.

What products would you recommend to wash the car, then wax it?
Would it be worth claying the car as well (53 Reg)

Thanking you! :)

106 GTi
Always worth claying if the paint needs it. Hand in a plastic bag after washing and you will soon tell if it is full of stuck/bonded on contaminets.

Swirl removal by hand is hard work on most cars, near impossible by hand on rock hard VW clearcoat. Scratch X will not be that succesfull.

Wash - Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Clay
Swirl Removal
Polish - Autoglym Super Resin
Selant - Jeffs Acylic Jett Trigger
Wax - Swissvax Onyx or Chemical Guys 50/50 depending on how much you want to spend.

GOLF GTI 150BHP
wats the best way to Clay and remove swirl marks on the car then.... wanna spend most of this weekend cleaning it and making a good job out of it

if you havent done it before dont make the 1st attempt a black car!

serach the forums m8 theres loads of advice or visit detailing world

GOLF GTI 150BHP
lol ok ill take your advice...how much would it cost for someone else to do all the work...i supose once all the swirl marks have gone they wont come back

106 GTi
As long as you wash it safely after you should be able to keep it swirl free ...ish!