ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue and white.......the project so far....

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Just a few pics I took of my Cup yesterday.......would be interested to hear people's feedback!

She's sitting on a new set of Eibach Sportlines, and I've fitted a K-tec polished front strut brace under the bonnet. I've painted the wingmirrors white and done the same to the dash strips and gear knob insert, all to match the turinis.

Things to come include matching rear brace, carbon front splitter (not sure whether matt or gloss), and hopefully a roll cage and buckets.......would like to fit a set of xenons too to smarten up the front end....

Anyway, here she is.....enjoy:

3538464863_0d0ff9273c.jpg

3538455131_cf0ee21b0f.jpg

3539276258_6bc0d674aa.jpg

3539269506_1a411a12b2.jpg

3539271260_2202d82184.jpg

3539274458_10f1ed8473.jpg

3539282900_36751f3622.jpg

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Not feeling the white mirrors, paint the steering wheel insert maybe?

Rest of the car looks tidy enough though.

Mental 172 Cup
yellow badge looks odd mate! and steering wheel badge needs painting! :)

smart apart from that!

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Looks tidy but could do with a white front badge & steering wheel insert on it imo Icarus mate.

Now gerrr orrrfff miii laaaand !

;)

Dynamique Flamer
Looks good but as above i would do front diamond white to match and the steering wheel insert white as well!

Porsche Boxster987S
too much white for me. And i dont get the purpose of the i <3 speedbumps sticker when its not really 'low'

but it looks nice bar that

looks good mate how does it feel on the new springs im looking at fitting them springs but i dont want to if there worse than the standard cup setup

Freetrack&Monaco 172
thanks for all your opinions so far guys.....

Love it all...apart from the yellow badge. Either black, or white would look perfect (probably white)

I like the flash of colour it gives to the front of the car, but I have thought about having a white one. Not a fan of painted black, but might go for a c/f one if I can get hold of one.....

yellow badge looks odd mate! and steering wheel badge needs painting! :)

smart apart from that!

As soon as I get a second one to paint I will! All the parts I have painted and fitted, I still have the originals stored as well so it can be made standard again without any worry about getting parts.

Nice cup, I'd have mine completely standard though.

Thanks fella. I like to have a car which looks a bit unique.....and she'll end up being a track s**g over the next few years. I think its nice to be different, but you have a valid point.

looks good mate how does it feel on the new springs im looking at fitting them springs but i dont want to if there worse than the standard cup setup

I was expecting a harsh ride after fitting these, but was very surprised to find a much, much better ride than standard springs, but also handle much nicer and smoother in my opinion. The thing I noticed the most was the difference in speedbumps. My gf works in an industrial estate in N'pton which has horrid speedbumps (I sometimes have to drop off and pick her up), the 'body-kit-killer' ones, and I have found the suspension does not 'crash' when you drop back down to the road anymore. Its stiff, but when you are used to a fairly stiff car anyway, they arnt too bad at all. The body roll is even less than standard, not that there was much before anyway. I think they are a great mod for the money.

Also hence the I <3 Speedbumps sticker......I just hate them......

Have you got massive spacers on the front?

No.........they are speedline speedlines though......on a ET35 offset so a little wider than standard cup ones. No spacers here fella.....

Looks very clean!

But needs to be very low to pull it off

Coilovers are in the pipeline.......I want to get low-ish (I like the look of low cars but dont like the idea of slammed, near-undriveable one) but also want the option to go reeeealy low for good track day handling on nice smooth tarmac.

i like it

Thanks timmay ;) me too lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Too fussy for me. White looks good on mondial. But the mirrors, yellow diamond and height need sorted.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
could have sworn I saw this car in Locks Heath this afternoon...

Sorry, not me fella........Mish's Cup looked similar to this a few months ago.....in fact my yellow badge was one of her creations!! Glad I'm not the only one about with the unique taste in colour coding lol.....

clio 172 cup
my cup has white turinis and i had the same thought of doing the mirrors but not so sure now, mine has white stipes which i know ppl wud slate but they go really well with the wheels..btw im from wboro area would be good to compare motors like.

Freetrack&Monaco 172
my cup has white turinis and i had the same thought of doing the mirrors but not so sure now, mine has white stipes which i know ppl wud slate but they go really well with the wheels..btw im from wboro area would be good to compare motors like.

Yeah sounds good at some point.......I'll be at the FCS too if you're going?

I thought about adding stripes, and think they'd look great, but up till now decided I didnt want to croach on RB ground lol. I was thinking a pair of stripes, one narrow and one wider, off centre like the RB ones, in white to match all the other bits. Then thinking a yellow pinstripe on the narrower stripe to tie in the front badge colour.....?

I agree white stripes would go well with white turinis! Very interested to see your car!

Sorry to put you off the mirrors lol.....guess you know what they'd look like now! Looking to get some small ELF+logo stickers for each of them.....

I may just accept the abuse I'll get on here and go for the stripes, as I can always take them off again. Will be adding my 22" white pistonhead logos soon to so will probably go well all together.......will be changing my front badge to white.....will keep the yellow in the shed for a 'rainy' day!!

I plan to go down the stickered track car look btw, not too OTT though.....for when I take her on the track over the summer!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
nice...loving the steering wheel badge!

Steering wheel badge? I plan to do the insert white, but not so sure as looking at keeping a column of blue in front of the driving position, ie. steering wheel insert and dash dials surround. May do both these white in future tho with white SMD LED backlight mod in the dials.......

Freetrack&Monaco 172
For those who dont like the yellow from badge.....photoshoped......and think I will change mine to white as this looks quite good:

3544886573_9636d8ecc1_b.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
White suits blue a lot better for some reason (badge wise.)

02052009664.jpg

And when I experimented with Broom Yellow..

29032009495.jpg

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Oh and I like the mirrors :)

You need white dials now ;)

You mean my white mirrors?? I took the idea from the colour coding I've seen on some megs before with matching diamond and mirrors....but for me it was alloys and mirrors.......

I'm planning to do my dash lights white at some point! With the dial surround white too (behind the glass)! Yours look great!!

I prefer your Monaco with the yellow badge if I'm honest, it stands out more, the effect I was looking for, and with mine I was going for the renault logo colours (yellow/blue). Mine is broom yellow too, lovely colour. Will paint up another diamond white and see what I think........will prob be yellow for FCS though. I will not dispute blue and white are awesome colours to pair up on a car.....they compliment each other nicely.

'53 172 Cup
Hey mate really like it... I've recently got a cup and was planning this colour scheme but probs just white alloys, diamond, and bullets... not mirrors!?! I loke the mirrors though!!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
^^^ Those stripes look cack :D

Dont worry Gez, I like your stripes! If I can park next to you at FCS we can be the white brigade lol!!

Definately going to consider stripes for mine to fill our the balance of white/blue and go for the 'racer look'.......

Trophy #490
I like it mainly, but absolutely hate painted Renault diamonds with a passion! Mondial Cup's on white Turini's is a fantastic combination.