ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 335d X drive M Sport

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
nice car, love my adaptive headlights, real lazy driving! I herd a SQ5 at the weekend drive past, sounded epic for a diesel, what didnt you like about it?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Brilliant thread Wait. Really informative and the car is stunning too.

Good work.

BMW 330D
Really nice car, a lad from work has a 320 X drive and he was telling me about the x drive system it sounds really impressive. Watched that video of the adaptive head lights and its impressive tech I think Audi need a similar system because their headlights are like helicopter spotlights.

Z4
Extremely nice daily!
Those performance figures are ridiculous, that's M car performance in an oil burner...although I bet nowhere near as exciting!

The in gear acceleration must be silly. The problem with these type of cars, if you can call it that, is you need to watch that speedo constantly as the speed is so deceptive, far too easy to rack up points.

The adaptive headlights are great, although nothing new. That technology has been around quite a few years now..

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Did you go to Mr Chu's ?

Looks lovely.

Nope, Barker and Stonehouse.

nice car, love my adaptive headlights, real lazy driving! I herd a SQ5 at the weekend drive past, sounded epic for a diesel, what didnt you like about it?

It was just OK, fast but just ok, I wasn't a fan of the inside either. They also told me the deal I was getting on the 335d was impossible and that I was lying. Good move Audi....

Extremely nice daily!
Those performance figures are ridiculous, that's M car performance in an oil burner...although I bet nowhere near as exciting!

The in gear acceleration must be silly. The problem with these type of cars, if you can call it that, is you need to watch that speedo constantly as the speed is so deceptive, far too easy to rack up points.

The adaptive headlights are great, although nothing new. That technology has been around quite a few years now..

Some cars have have auto dip for a few years.

BMW launched the movable hi beam on the 7 series 2 years ago. This shape 3 series is the first of the next gen cars to get it.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It was just OK, fast but just ok, I wasn't a fan of the inside either. They also told me the deal I was getting on the 335d was impossible and that I was lying. Good move Audi....

PMSL, that's funny, some dick at BMW told me the same thing on the used approved 330d I managed to source for my brother in essex, I said if he'd meet the price, seeing as the two cars were almost identical apart from location, I'd take his one. He went off trying to be all coy and cool and car salesman on me and that was it.

Now for the real question, when are you coming to London in it? I want a ride out at least pigman.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'll be down in April I think Rob as the Mrs is up here this month.

Z4
Some cars have have auto dip for a few years.

BMW launched the movable hi beam on the 7 series 2 years ago. This shape 3 series is the first of the next gen cars to get it.

Did the salesman tell you that?
The e90 has had the adaptive lights option since about 2006, not just auto dip! Moves with the curvature of the road.
It may have been improved since then, but same tech.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Did the salesman tell you that?
The e90 has had the adaptive lights option since about 2006, not just auto dip! Moves with the curvature of the road.
It may have been improved since then, but same tech.

We have two fleet E90's with the old system, its just auto dips and uses steering angle to move the lens when turning at low speed. It's a long way removed from the new camera based system where all four lights are fully independent.

Lovely looking car, not sure on that reg plate though, but you wear a gilet so I'd expect nothing less.

xx

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
We have two fleet E90's with the old system, its just auto dips and uses steering angle to move the lens when turning at low speed. It's a long way removed from the new camera based system where all four lights are fully independent.

That's what I was thinking. Adaptive/corner lighting has been around for years but they are completely different!

Z4
My bad!
Didnt watch the video, that's actually really impressive. The old tech is called the same thing which confused me, but as you say it just turns accordingly with the road, not splitting the high beam to avoid blinding on corners. That's ace.

I can see lots of people getting blinded my bmws on high beam as they've not switched it onto adaptive though!

Hats off to BMW, they're constantly knocking out decent cars now, the engineering has come on a long way in the past 10 years.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just coded enhanced bluetooth and office functions. It was a £350 option from BMW. All done with a £15 cable and some software. Bargain.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Office functions? Amazing what you can save with buying software yourself!

Brings my emails and calendar up from my outlook server.

I can also have more than one phone synced via Bluetooth which is handy.

Tangoed Works
So subtle with so much pace. The office on wheels bit is mega!

Only thing with the new digital cars is that they are tracking you everywhere. Saying that so is the CCTV network.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
f**king hell, those headlights must be proper weird if you're the guy coming the other way.

I did a test last night and drove my mates car while he drive mine.

It is weird, you aren't getting dazzled but you think you should be. I can see why people flash tbh. Esp when coming from a distance as they never seem to dip!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
As it stands today. 1000 miles on the clock and returning 40.9mpg.

1240422_10152245858207579_565053893_n.jpg

1978870_10152245857932579_1679324252_n.jpg

1898052_10152245857737579_938057724_n.jpg

1959392_10152245857067579_1663207108_n.jpg

1890993_10152245857092579_1335328257_n.jpg

1527035_10152245858412579_1195297479_n.jpg

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome Waitey! Love the M5 style rear bumper exhaust surrounds. The interior looks superb. Colour never gets old.

Leon Cupra 300
Best colour combo, why people have Estoril with red I'll never understand..

Eibachs on order? ;-)