ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW NA lost 300+ cars

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
The Courage tipped yesterday at the port in Jersey City causing major damage to over 300 BMWs not including 70+ BMWs that were total losses.
a majority of the destroyed vehicles were M3s (mostly in dark blue) with a variety of 3ers and 1ers smashed up as well. A small number of the cars destroyed had German Tourist plates on them, those European delivery customers will NOT be getting their cars back.
If you were expecting your M3 or e90/92 in the next month, you're going to be in for a sad surprise.
those cars that were a total loss will be crushed, I asked a BMW rep, he stated that they will not be auctioned as there is a liability for letting those cars on the road. The shipping company's insurance is footing the bill, I do not know how they will handle those cars that are already owned by the European Delivery customers.
Those cars with light damage will be repaired at the Elizabeth Receiving facility and sold through BMW's dealer network as new cars.
IMG00059.gif

IMG00058.gif

IMG00057.gif

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Thats gonna Cost a whole lot of Money, Perfect Car though to get a GGR Overhaul

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Those cars with light damage will be repaired at the Elizabeth Receiving facility and sold through BMW's dealer network as new cars.

Dont like the sound of that........would they have to tell customers they have been damaged and repaired or not?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
GGR is going to be the Biggest Tuning Company in this Country soon

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
im guessing there will be a lot of cheap m3 interior parts available soon. The insurance company own the cars if they pay out so can sell bits on to recover some of the cost.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Dont like the sound of that........would they have to tell customers they have been damaged and repaired or not?

HAHAHAHA! you would be very surprised at what happens to 'new' cars before they are delivered to a customer!!

What's the deal with the European delivery customer bit? i.e. why would an M3 destined for somebody in Europe be in New Jersey?!

Facelift R53 Cooper S
thats nasty!!!

imagine waiting 4/5 months for an M3/1 series coupe to be told its been stacked!!

i would not be happy!

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
What's the deal with the European delivery customer bit? i.e. why would an M3 destined for somebody in Europe be in New Jersey?!

Its US customores who collected their cars at BMW Welt. They get extra money off list price and the cars doesn't come out of delaers allocation so its means a extra sale for them.

None of the M3 and 1 series coupe should be customer cars as the earliest customer cars are just being built. Those were said to be bound for dealers and the BMW performance centre.

www.renparts.co.uk

HAHAHAHA! you would be very surprised at what happens to 'new' cars before they are delivered to a customer!!

you beat me to it lol. What the BMW rep says about some been crushed is not something he will know. the insurance company will decide that, end of the day they have to rake back as much of the cost of the claim as possible.