ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bolts....What a @@@@ing Sh@t day ive had

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
Decided while i've got a couple of hrs spare to fit my new rear leather seats in my DCi..leaving the fronts for tomorrow...sounds simple ay

Removed the plastic cover from the boot and faced with two 17mm bolts on the long black bar ... after spraying wd40 and leaving for 30 mins i started on one it was so tight it sheared off..f@@@ing great i thought..
next one i got out no probs..
torque bolts x2 to remove and wey hey seats would be out...but nah the 1st one decided it wont budge and the torque screw decided it will round itself off so it wont budge...
proper f***ing nightmare or what ..

anyone have any ideas for a rounded off torque bolt ..??

200bhp 172 cup
Decided while i've got a couple of hrs spare to fit my new rear leather seats in my DCi..leaving the fronts for tomorrow...sounds simple ay

Removed the plastic cover from the boot and faced with two 17mm bolts on the long black bar ... after spraying wd40 and leaving for 30 mins i started on one it was so tight it sheared off..f@@@ing great i thought..
next one i got out no probs..
torque bolts x2 to remove and wey hey seats would be out...but nah the 1st one decided it wont budge and the torque screw decided it will round itself off so it wont budge...
proper f***ing nightmare or what ..

anyone have any ideas for a rounded off torque bolt ..??

devine intervention??............ sounds like u had a right laugh i know exactly what u mean about those two 17mm bolts they are a c*nt!!!

alien green rs133
iirc when i first removed mine we had to weld nuts on the get in with a breaker bar and impact gun :D

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
the 2x Torx is wrong :) its only 1 you need to remove which is the black 1, then the metal brackets slide out backwards :) then just move the seats :)

Evo 8 MR
I know what you mean I tried to undo the same bolt on mine to use as an earth point but after discovering how tight it was I decided another bolt just a little higher up will suffice.

Clio DCi and a 306 GTi-6
Made me feel better that i'm not the only one lmao ..ive changed fords,pugs and vauxhalls all to leather interior without a sniff of a tight or problem bolt :p ...

Cheers guys..