ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought myself a 172 cup (cambelt advise aswell please)

E46 320CD
Evening,

Following on from this thread:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=441897

I've bought myself a 172 cup, well put deposit down on one! Cant bloody wait to get it, anyway it's an 03 reg, done 44k, i'm right in saying the belt is due?

Theres nothing to say the cambelt has been done, so for peace of mind i'm going to get it done, better to be safe than sorry.

Can anybody gve me a price to do it please, i'm in birmingham wil travel within reason and would like it done at the end of the month.

Cheers.

Yeah belts will need doing if they've not been done already. Fred on here is based in Brum, or you could make a trip over to Birchdown in North wales for the belts.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
if no history provided to say it's been done - just do it. it will only cost you more in the long run so best to be safe then sorry. as ^jonff^ said, fred is in birmingham so could do the job for you.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
get fred to do it, hes in birm, and he does it cheap, like £500.

72k, or 5 years

E46 320CD
I would have thought he charged more like £300 tbh ..

I hope so, i've sent fred a PM so look forward to hearing from him. I'm glad i paid the £10 for this site, you get answers instantly unlike other forums i use!

Thanks for the quick replys.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I hope so, i've sent fred a PM so look forward to hearing from him. I'm glad i paid the £10 for this site, you get answers instantly unlike other forums i use!

Thanks for the quick replys.

its what we're here for ;)

Lionel Richie
get fred to do it, hes in birm, and he does it cheap, like £500.

72k, or 5 years

£300+vat for a cup you cheeky sod! :rasp:

aircon cars i'm £475+vat (because i fit a full aux belt KIT, i refuse to just change the belt)

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
thanks matt, i will reply to your e-mail tomorrow, just back from tesco, dinner time! oh the joys of my job! haha!)