ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought Tuning Chip needs placing on the EGR

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I bought myself a chip (tune) wich should be placed between a wire wich is located on the intake valve (EGR).
In the manual it says it needs to be placed on a wire wich gives a variabel voltage (when car runs) from 0,5 to 5,0 (wich is connected in the big plug on the EGR).
They say i have to measure the wires and place it on the correct wire wich gives these value's.

Then i thought maybe you guy's knew exactly wich wire i need to cut/take ?

Would rob me of the hassle of measuring :rasp:

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Those are pretty consistant answers :p
Have you got experience with this way of tune, what are the drawbacks (because i have a feeling reading your answers there is ;) ).

chuck it away it does nothing it just fools the ecu into thinking there is colder denser air coming into the intake manifold (when there isn't) so it replies by adding slightly more fuel iirc what causes the mix to be to lean which over time can cause problems with valves/valve seats/piston scald.all they are is a stupid little box with a resistor in and two wires on that costs about £3. can you really see it doing any good to you're car?

i maybe wrong about the above but its something like that:D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A friend of mine tested one and saw a genuine difference of 10% in power on their dyno dynamics rolling road.

So anyone saying they do nothing is definately wrong.

The only problem is that it made that much LESS power not more of course, as if you fool your car into overfuelling you will then lose power as its too rich.

The correct place to install what you have bought is here:
paper%20bin.jpg

Or if you can find the seller then here:
is085051.jpg

I bought myself a chip (tune) wich should be placed between a wire wich is located on the intake valve (EGR).
In the manual it says it needs to be placed on a wire wich gives a variabel voltage (when car runs) from 0,5 to 5,0 (wich is connected in the big plug on the EGR).
They say i have to measure the wires and place it on the correct wire wich gives these value's.

Then i thought maybe you guy's knew exactly wich wire i need to cut/take ?

Would rob me of the hassle of measuring :rasp:

Yeah i can help you, cut the chip up and take it to the bin

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Are you talking about a eBay £15 +5bhp chip?

No ... god no... , i know that is sj*t as hell. This is an official programmed chip (with usb programming connector). It bought it from a guy wich used it in his clio rs and payed 250 euros for it (i've seen the receipt).

2014 Clio 200t edc
I remember back in the day I tried one of these, call it stupidity or whatever. Waste of money, and made the car run like a bag of sh1t. Was a 1.2 btw.
Don't even think about fitting it!!

No ... god no... , i know that is sj*t as hell. This is an official programmed chip (with usb programming connector). It bought it from a guy wich used it in his clio rs and payed 250 euros for it (i've seen the receipt).

No no no no no dear god no

All it will do is act as a resistor lowering the voltage sent to the ECU. So the ECU will fuel wrong and give you LOADS MORE POWA!!

Bin it - bin it now

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Doesnt matter if its connected to a Cray supercomputer for you to adjust it, its still doing the same thing on the car as a variable resistor would and its still not something that you want on your car.

If you want a remap, get a remap.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The person who "paid" 250 euros was mugged. I bet the USB connector does nothing (apart from maybe load a flash player on your computer that makes it look like it's doing something).

Sunflower deserves better!