ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake noise not stopped with copper grease!?

Clio 182, CBR600RR
hi one of my friends has got one of the new shape clio dynamics, there was a terrible noise at low speeds an under light braking. So i took off the pads on all four corners, cleaned them, re faced them an re fitted them applying plenty of copper grease. The noise under light breaking has returned about only a month later! I dont understand because the pads an disks have plenty of life left in them, and everything is clean and free 2 move. Has anyone got any ideas? Im guessin there original parts as the car hasnt done many miles. Thanks Andy

Golf GTD Mk7
You don't really want to put too much copper grease on really mate. How snug are the pads in the carriers?

182 (Conversion)
Grease up the rotor too see if that helps.

No don't that was only a joke (can't be too careful)

(Oh do you use a pressure washer, might be removing said grease)

Clio 182, CBR600RR
not put 2 much grease on an there fairly tight in the carriers, dont use a pressure washer either, should there be a rubber backing on the back of the pads or thick layer of something as that had worn off in some areas so was wondering if its that?

Mini Cooper S
hi one of my friends has got one of the new shape clio dynamics, there was a terrible noise at low speeds an under light braking. So i took off the pads on all four corners, cleaned them, re faced them an re fitted them applying plenty of copper grease. The noise under light breaking has returned about only a month later! I dont understand because the pads an disks have plenty of life left in them, and everything is clean and free 2 move. Has anyone got any ideas? Im guessin there original parts as the car hasnt done many miles. Thanks Andy

My Clio does it, my brother's Clio does it, my boss' Megane does it, my old Clio did it. All cars under 20k, all cars post 2007. Just put the music up and forget about the squeak.

Golf GTD Mk7
you could try filling the edges down slightly, but make sure the pad isn't loose within the carrier. just a little less snug