ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand New Baby ---182

Sitting here in the office down in Sydney .. 05 Clio 182 on the dock waiting to arrive next weekend.. Cannot wait ... the thing is so damned good ,,, Just letting you all know its very exciting knowing Ive got an arctic Blue one on the way .. in a week .. .Gonna go straight and change airbox to BMC CDA and then new mufflers !!! You poms will hear me from Australia !!!

Street Triple R

Lucky sod, a brand new 182 and living in Sydney as well!

Enjoy it mate :D definately put some pics up when you get it

You betcha ,,, You guys know the CUP spec here is the same car as your UK spec CUP (not standard 182) but it includes 6 spkr stereo, leather, and electric everything .. it weighs 1090kg, vs your 1075kg cup ..I had a 94 205gti back in 95, but it has taken me this long to find a car that actually is better than that ... all other pugs are soft and wrxs are for boguns ... the Cup is faster and outhandles the Mini Cooper Works car (see Autocar mag test). If you listen carefully in the still of the night, youll hear me pulling 7,250rpm up a twisting mountain pass in third, way down in Sydney !!.

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Adam C on 09 June 2005

You betcha ,,, You guys know the CUP spec here is the same car as your UK spec CUP (not standard 182) but it includes 6 spkr stereo, leather, and electric everything .. it weighs 1090kg, vs your 1075kg cup ..I had a 94 205gti back in 95, but it has taken me this long to find a car that actually is better than that ... all other pugs are soft and wrxs are for boguns ... the Cup is faster and outhandles the Mini Cooper Works car (see Autocar mag test). If you listen carefully in the still of the night, youll hear me pulling 7,250rpm up a twisting mountain pass in third, way down in Sydney !!.
Damn that sounds good! not jealous one little bit!.........well maybe a bit:oops:

I know what you mean about the 205 though, i had one too, bloody awesome little cars, The cup is its spiritual succesor if you ask me :) you wont be dissapointed

Jongsr4, I have only tested the Cup for a mere 4km or so, but it was hooked the minute I turned the key ... even the engine sounds real, not that rubber-band sound like most cars these days.. Do you think the Clio Cup is a far better car than your 205 gti ? if so, in what specific ways ???

106 GTi

Thet 182 was the only car that I could find to replace my 205 GTi. Both cars are to different to be compared directly, but the 182 chassis feels very good as the 205 did. The 182 on the road, apart from a slightly lighter feel to the steering feels very close to what my 205 did, something most other modern day cars dont. Power wise the 182 you will feel the extra horses quite alot over the 8V 205.

The Clio is very stable compared to the 205 which always had that on the edge feel. As others have said you wont be disapointed. I made sure I gave the 182 a damn good drive before signing on the dotted line. Be glad you choose the Clio rather than the 206 180/RC if you wnat a car that feels akin to the 205 GTi.