ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new cup 182 with 50 delivery miles

Embarrassed to say

Quickly need someone to tell me if this is acceptable. Brand new cup 182 supplied by renault dealer in london with 46 delivery miles and swirl marks on the bonnet such that the lacquer has been worn away, such that the paint on the bonnet is almost abrasive to touch. Also one part of one of the competition stripes is a tiny bit unstuck. I bought the car blindly not viewing, stupidly trusting the salesman that i would collect a car in showroom condition. Should i reject this car? I know that employees can get cars on F & F which would be far cheaper, have a few miles and not be in this bad condition - why should i accept it?

Have you accepted and or driven it?

if you havent, i would reject it.

why is the mileage so high?

mine had 20 miles on it and that how far it is from the dealer too my house

Embarrassed to say

Havent driven it or accepted it. However have transferred the funds so they have my money. The dealer said that under 90 miles is acceptable delivery mileage. I asked them to check all the other new cars there as they were thinking it was acceptable, they checked one random 182 and it had 7 miles on the clock.

if you havent signed to accept the car you dont own it.

they are being typle car dealers/w*nkers

my guess is it got scratched on its way to you and they have gone ott with a mop.

call renualt customer services first and explain the situation.

there is a good section on autotrader.co.uk about your rights (sorry i dont have a link) might be a good idea to call a solicitor if you have one for some advice.

your money is safe. (how did you transfer it to them?)

Embarrassed to say

Transferred the money by CHAPS telegraphic transfer. Its so bloody annoying you buy a brand new car you expect it to be brand new, i hate being let down and messed about. Got the insurance soughted, went all the way to the garage in the rain on the tube and came all the way back carless on the tube in the rain.

The kind lady there also said that i signed something that said i agreed to there being a max of 90 delivery miles on the car on delivery, however i cant find it anywhere on the forms i signed.

i would ignore the mileage thing really after all its no biggy.

concentrate on the overall condition of the car that is a BIG problem.

you havnt accepted the car you dont have to either even if they have your cash.

you can push for a new car but the most likely result is that they fix the problems

Yaris Hybrid

Mileage is fine, mine had 100 miles where it was driven up from Southampton.

Go back and demand they fix the bonnet and stripes. Dont take any sh1t but give them plenty.

NEW car should be in the condition NEW suggests.If you cant reject it at very least they should put right whats wrong with it and kick up a fuss and try and get some more out of them for the inconvenience like a free 1st service.

Embarrassed to say

Yeah but how do you know its been driven within the running procedure over 46 miles, you have to assume it hasnt if you dont know surely. The guy there was trying to deceive me saying those 46 miles were driven around the garage back and fourth, nowhere else.

As far as the bonnet goes it need to be replaced as the paint has been buffed down to far, and the swirl marks are blantantly evident.

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 17 January 2005

Yeah but how do you know its been driven within the running procedure over 46 miles, you have to assume it hasnt if you dont know surely. The guy there was trying to deceive me saying those 46 miles were driven around the garage back and fourth, nowhere else.

Dont be nieve i have worked in dealerships and techs boot the f**k out of cars even from cold, cars have a roadtest as part of the PDI and will have been ragged sensless during that.

As far as the bonnet goes it need to be replaced as the paint has been buffed down to far, and the swirl marks are blantantly evident.

They will probably just repaint the bonnet if the paint is too far gone to rectify.

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 17 January 2005

Yer right..it will have been used as a dinner run car pal..sorry to be blunt about it but i know people like that at most reno dealers....46 miles around the garage....good one !

Wish you luck with it.

Embarrassed to say

Things like this are well depressing, after getting excited thinking about collecting the car etc. I think the bonnet was buffed so hard, the bonnet is actually half an inch lower than side wings.

I am in the trade and have been for some time. I love my cars and I treasure my V6. My V6 had 35 miles on it when it was new and I didnt bat an eye lid. 4 hours later it had closer to 300 on it. It makes no difference. The paint is an issue however. The mileage could just as easily have been clocked up by the factory if they found fault with your car post production. I can see your point, but you can get things out of proportion. Get them to sort the bonnet and enjoy it.

Mitch

Have to agree, swallow the mileage but the bonnet is the key issue here. If they cant repair it satsfactorily then reject it.

Whilst it is disappointing to be messed about it is better in the long run than taking a car you are not 100% happy with.

If it is new then it should be mint, second hand or a demo then you will expect the odd knock and get them to sort it as part of the deal.

[Edited by Matt 182 on 17 January 2005 at 5:30pm]

320d M Sport

agree with mitch_.

i dont think the mileage is too much of an issue, id be more worried about bonnet swirls.

It doesnt matter if youved signed for the car, collected it, drove it off the forcourt and around town like a lunatic. You have rights as a buyer to return the car if its not up to the standard YOU expect, and with cars its a lot longer than 28 days! If you are atal unsure about it please please please just walk away, becuase i gaurantee you will regret it every day you drive the thing. Your mind will just start thinking its not running right, it must have been hammered, whys they paint so rough, did the run over a deer :)

Embarrassed to say

I dont know ive rang 7 different renault garages and they all say (including a garage part of the dealer supplying me) that 5-10 miles is acceptable pdi mileage anything more is a joke.

The mileage wouldnt be an issue if they could have shown me one car there ready to go out with similar miles however they couldnt. (One car chosen at random by me had about 7 miles on it.)

[Edited by cupsportmad on 17 January 2005 at 6:13pm]

I think someones taken it out to rat the arse off of it and see how it goes. TO be honest they might have done it good depending on how you want to break your engine in. Why not phone Renault UK and ask them what they expect their cars delivery mileage to be. Then make a judgement on that.

I wouldnt be to concerned about the mileage my V had 50 on the clock when i collected it. But i would be concerned about the damage to the paint, that is not aceptable.

Vey easy to say this, but Id reject it outright. Id never be happy not knowing WTF had led to the car being in such a state to begin with. Sorry to hear about this, I can imagine how disppointing it must be :cry:

Shhh

Sorry mate, id not accept it as you have paid for a new car, and therefore the paintwork should be in new condition. Id want a new bonnet as you can claim the paintwork wont match etc..

As to the mileage, id discuss that with the dealer as the used clio i bought had 7 miles on the clock. Id ring renault and ask them, then if they say 10 miles quote them, and see if the dealer can work out a deal or you want a refund. Take your cash elsewhere...

Its no the point of the cash, its the fact they try and hide the faults, and i would think your car has been thrashed, as i do drive mine hard..

A new bonnet wont come painted from the factory I wouldnt have thought, so not really any point in asking for one. Either way its going to a bodyshop sprayed bonnet. Not really a problem - but its not something Id feel happy with when buying a brand new car.

Used to have a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 17 January 2005

I wouldnt be to concerned about the mileage my V had 50 on the clock when i collected it. But i would be concerned about the damage to the paint, that is not aceptable.
lol - they probably had fun driving your car around the block a few times before you got it...heh.

sorry...only kidding....

but seriously tho...especially a V, im sure the people who work there wont get to buy one of their own...so im sure once in a while they will take advantage of a free ride.....but 50 IS a tad high....

Embarrassed to say

Well managed to reject the car. Their ordering me a brand new one from the factory and have given me a courtesy car whilst i wait for it. Just got to wait ages for it after getting all excited.

My issue regarding mileage, i signed the order form stating there were 0 miles on it before PDI and so it would be reasonable to expect 5-7 miles on it at collection, anything over 20 miles was unreasonable. In the same way my old cup had 5 miles on it when i collected it, and it stated 0 miles on the order form. Ive never had a new car with such high delivery mileage that i can remeber for example my csl had 11 miles, prereg vx220 had 15 miles etc, elise had about 15 miles.

Renault are tw*ts! If it wasnt for the 172/182 Id never have another Renault, as they are hopefully cars I will upgrade to ;)

Dont really know what the mileage issue is all about, as for all you know the car was transfered from another dealer/location, thats why you see the chaps carrying trade plates trying to thumb lifts at the junctions of motorways.. They are delivery drivers couriering new/used cars around the country..

But now with the new renault Modus we are able to reset the mileage back to zero so the customer gets a "virgin" vehicle showing 00000 at time of delivery.. (it can only be reset once tho)

And I guess other manufacturers will also be going down that route.. ie with Vauxhall if the instrument panel is replaced then you can reprogram the mileometer to show the milage the old panel had on it.. again only once tho..

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

:eek:...only just read this....thats pants....mine only had 7 miles on it when i picked it up.....

Shhh

How about getting them to order it so it comes in as a 05 car now, and not the 54..

Its nearly end of jan, so only feb to go. Offer them the courtsey car back, im sure you can get a car to borrow for a few weeks off ya mum, or family friend.?