ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand New Stealth Exhaust, Shakey?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right so i got my Stealth Super Sport fitted the other day there.

Im delighted with it but i can here excess movement from it, the lad that fitted it told me the rear exhaust mount (might) be on the way out, it does seem maybe not as strong as it once was (this is the metal bracket with the rubber in the centre to hold the bracket)

Im going to buy a new one tomorrow, are they a ball ache to fit? Moving it by hand would suggest the first mount which holds the back box is on its way out, shall a new one and a tighten of the nuts and bolts eliminate the excess rattaling etc???

Regards, Dan

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
easy to fit, will reduce movement, i found mind was hanging too low from the middle which added to the movement and odd bounce off the rear beam, so make sure that it is as high as possible in the middle as this will make a big difference to the movement and height at the backbox end too...assuming phase one middle bracket is similar to phase 2 that is...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks a lot mate,I think its just the back mount as the rest seems pretty ridgid.

ill change it and see how I get on

320d
As above how does it sound? It doesnt sound hollow from outside the car does it? One i've heard does.

MGM

Clio 172
I have a k-tec stealth and have had persistent problems with it stretching mounts. Not good when you're lowered....ended up packing the spaces out with rubber pipe and wrapping it with cable ties to give it a bit of support

Renaultsport Clio 172 ph1
Hi

Any chance you can post a video of what the 'supersport' sounds like please? I'd like to try and hear the difference between this and the normal sport.

Shovon

I ended up packing the spaces out with rubber pipe and wrapping it with cable ties to give it a bit of support

Did this with my mount too, worked a treat. stops it sagging and shaking so much.

For now anyway

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Got this sorted now, had to buy a rear exhaust mount from Renault @ £21 no less.

An absolute pain in the arse trying to get the old bolts off, it literally takes 2 minutes to swap the mounts over, it seems the violent rattling has gone away (for now)

Now it just goes > Bwaaaa, Bwaaaaaa, ba ba ba ba, bwaaaaaaaaa!

Love it