ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo 280mm conversion

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Those of you running the brembo 4 pots from a 197/225, where did you get your calipers machined to run 280mm discs?

I’m currently weighing up the 300mm/280mm setup and leaning towards the 280mm.

From what I’ve read, 5mm needs to be taken off the mounting points on the calipers and the tolerances are fairly tight. Any recommendations to a decent firm who can do this or even a member on here who knows their stuff?

I’ll be mounting them on the PMS adaptor brackets and they have a sheet that outlines how to machine the calipers on there site.

Cheers

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Won't PMS do it for you if you send them the calipers?

Are you getting them professionally refurbed? Maybe a company like Biggred can machine them and refurb them at the same time?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If you're using the PMS 280 brackets then machining to suit wont be cheap. I'd ask PMS how much then try MS Custom Engineering. MS can do a full refurb and paint them any colour you want while they are at it.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah they're quite tight tolerances that they specify for use with their brackets. Pretty sure they state their machining charge on the website?

Should have bought some of the brackets off @Porl. Anyone can machine them then!

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh, cheers chaps!
I’ve not bought the brackets yet, so may change plans now then.

I’ve fired an email to PMS and Max at MS, but if @Porl sells the brackets that are easier to machine for, that may be a better route to go down.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I machined mine myself. Sadly I’m all the way in Gloucester. If you’re stuck then you could always post them to me and I’ll take the 5mm off for you as I’ve still got the mounting plate I made to do the job

Attachments

• 2A707AD7-5CF8-401F-9B05-E3D2BB796D7A.jpeg
    2A707AD7-5CF8-401F-9B05-E3D2BB796D7A.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 133
Not that useful to you but I just went to a local bike shop that i believe also does some custom stuff and they machined it for pretty cheap. Places that do metal fabrication usually aren't that hard to find locally either.

Also, you're right about the 5mm needing to be machined off.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
For anyone in future don't take 5mm off and then buy pms 280 brackets, that won't work. Their brackets are unique and won't fit right if the calipers are 5mm shorter.

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
Just an update on this If anyone needs it in the future.

PMS will do the machining for their brackets but they will only machine when they have a batch of calipers to do. I think it’s about £60 total.

Max at MS customs also does the correct machining for the PMS brackets. No idea on price but there are a couple of options for folk who want to run the 280mm conversion (y)

So what kind of machining needs to be done for those PMS brackets? What's the deal. Mine were pretty simple and only needed 5mm off of the calipers.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
So what kind of machining needs to be done for those PMS brackets? What's the deal. Mine were pretty simple and only needed 5mm off of the calipers.
They're basically counter bored, but the tols are tight. It's definitely doable but obviously harder than taking 5mm off