ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo High Carbons @ the Brembo shop £45 delivered!

Clio 172
Hi Guys

Just about to order some of these Disc's but as i mainly use the car for normal driving and will never go on a track with if was wanting advice would the Brembo HC Discs be Ok with standard Pagid pads

or would others be better

Advice would be great
Cheers
Stu

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Sir David, I thought exactly the same as my box wasn't in the best condition eitther. Cant say I minded though as discs were unmarked :)

clio 172 ph2
ryto gang, my old man just fryed my nut, he said its the price is for one disc? is this correct lol stupid i know but ive had a fcked up day and any thing can happen lol, cheers

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Ordered,delivered and fitted all within 3 days;) they go well with my new ferodos they stop well just a bit of squeeling atm. Just need rears now..........

clio sport 172 ph2
good find, i checked euro car parts on the cheapest ones and they are £20 each! so thsese are excellent price in comparison!
Are these ok on Standard pads with just normal driving? my miles to work is on 5-10 !
cheers

Renault Clio 182
any issues with fade/warping on trackdays with the DS2500 pads? I also need rears anyone got a linky?

Mine came today :)

^^^ check the site for the rears... they are on there! And i very much doubt you will warp these... unless your doing something very wrong :)

Renault Clio 182
I had a look and could only find normal rears although there seemed to be 2 options for the normal ones?

2010 Jetta TDi 140
Evening all,

Just ordered a set of these. Has anyone ever used Apec brake pads? Been to my local motor parts wholesaler and can get the front pads for around the £20 mark. They said Apec are their premium brand but I have never used them. I only do 15mph to work and back in traffic with the odd blast on the country roads when I feel like it so don't want to spend a fortune.

Cheers, Chris.

Clio Sport 182
fitting mine today, along with DS2500's to try them out. If your front pads cost £20, that's exactly what you'll be getting. A set of £20 pads! I've never found decent pads for less than about £100/set. My previous car was £150 for discs and £180 for pads for fronts. If you Drive Miss Daisy then cheap will do. If you drive quickly and do the odd track day, uprate your brakes before you do anything else. You may need to go faster and faster but it's guaranteed you'll always need to stop! :)

Stripped yozza'd cup
Evening all,

Just ordered a set of these. Has anyone ever used Apec brake pads? Been to my local motor parts wholesaler and can get the front pads for around the £20 mark.

Cheers, Chris.

As said, spend £20, get £20 worth.

Brake pads aren't really something I'd want to scrimp on....

Mini Cooper S
EBC do their budget OEM ultimax pads. They're around £20.

EDIT: Apparently they're not produced for the RS 172.

Last edited:

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Any noticable difference between these HC's and the brembo max (grooved) which are on ebay for around £80 ?

Last edited:
  PH2 172
Just looking and it says there are 2 different Brembo HC Discs for my 172, part number's 09.8137321 and 09.8137.24, but as far as i can see the discs are identical?

It says one set is £45.95 and the other to 'contact us for prices'. will the £45 ones be fine? just wanted to check before i order...

200 cup/Btm'd ph1
I know this thread was first posted in August of 2010 but are these the brakes that you all got? http://www.nextdaybrakes.com/brembo...s-pn-09813724-fits-renault-clio_p22285741.htm

Just want to clarify before i go splashin out. Also where would be the best oplace to get some DS2500's? While im at it i also need rear discs, pads and bearings does anyone know of anyone doing a complete package?

Thanks Dan

Dan call Fred @BTM, he's got a cracking deal on at the minute for the rear discs.

260% JCW
I know this thread was first posted in August of 2010 but are these the brakes that you all got? http://www.nextdaybrakes.com/brembo...s-pn-09813724-fits-renault-clio_p22285741.htm

Just want to clarify before i go splashin out. Also where would be the best oplace to get some DS2500's? While im at it i also need rear discs, pads and bearings does anyone know of anyone doing a complete package?

Thanks Dan

Does anyone know if the discs this link takes you to are the HC or just normal discs?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Yeah, a LOT cheaper! I've fitted mine today aswell as brembo pads, easy enough job apart from the little b*****d screws that hold the disc to the hub