ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broadband supplier recomendations

Being as Plus.net have just restriced me agian and there what is in my mind useless service has finally make me want to go to some effort to swop supplier.

So any recomendations for a better supplier

I've got 2 meg access so faster would be nicer but no huge issue.

My problem seems to be traffic 40 gig would be a nice limit I've managed a near 30 gig total in 3 weeks.

Preferebaly cheaper than £21.99 a month.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Plus.net has unlimited usage after 12 till 4.00pm (if your paying £20.00 an above), after that the network is shaped to allow vital traffic (email,WWW etc)

I worked for them for 14 months as a Net Eng, still use them personally for my home ISP, only company i have ever known to actually give a s**t about customers behind the scenes, as it were.

Restricted how Edde? twating 15 Gb on peak? if so you will get shaped, do the p**n off peak my friend

Plus.net has unlimited usage after 12 till 4.00pm (if your paying £20.00 an above), after that the network is shaped to allow vital traffic (email,WWW etc)

Restricted how Edde? tw*ting 15 Gb on peak? if so you will get shaped, do the p**n off peak my friend

I think the problme is I'm getttng billed for 2meg connectiopn with 13gig peak time limits wereas I should be egtting 8meg connection and 20 gig peak traffic.

I'm yet to be impressed if I left the compnay and resigned up with them I'd get the new deals. I'm always a few steps behind new deal customers to them. Took me about 4 month sbeofre i was upgraded from 512k to 2meg and thats when everyone else was now on 8meg.

Its not all p**n though.

Fabia vRS

I worked for them for 14 months as a Net Eng, still use them personally for my home ISP, only company i have ever known to actually give a s**t about customers behind the scenes, as it were.

Restricted how Edde? tw*ting 15 Gb on peak? if so you will get shaped, do the p**n off peak my friend

all plusnet's customers left cos they fucked them off with the traffic shaping lol.

why would you want to go with a company that traffic shapes at any time of the day? the isp i work for has a 50gb on peak limit, unlimited off peak between midnight and 8am, and no traffic shaping :)

all plusnet's customers left cos they f**ked them off with the traffic shaping lol.

why would you want to go with a company that traffic shapes at any time of the day? the isp i work for has a 50gb on peak limit, unlimited off peak between midnight and 8am, and no traffic shaping :)

What company is that?

Fabia vRS
all plusnet's customers left cos they f**ked them off with the traffic shaping lol.

What company is that?

nildram.

you'll pay for it though. more expensive that the others u are considering, but we are all english and don't have any of this tier'ed tech support rubbish.

What company is that?

nildram.

you'll pay for it though. more expensive that the others u are considering, but we are all english and don't have any of this tier'ed tech support rubbish.

Blimy its not that bmuch extra will have to see what plus net say I've jused asked why I'm restricred after downloading 13gig and my limit according to them is 20 gig.

Last edited:
  Fabia vRS
23gig is f**k all.

i did 200gb a month or so back and if i was a paying customer (i obviously get it free cos i work for the company) then i would have had no problems as most of that was downloaded off peak.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Ive signed with plus.net just before xmas

Had no problems at all with them.

Gone for the Premier package, its been fine!

I did opt for the Monthly contract which is ace as im not tied in with them.
Ive been hammerin git during the off-peak hours and had no problems.

Rav4
23gig is f**k all.

i did 200gb a month or so back and if i was a paying customer (i obviously get it free cos i work for the company) then i would have had no problems as most of that was downloaded off peak.

Are you locked in next to your computer? :p

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I'm getttng billed for 2meg connectiopn with 13gig peak time limits wereas I should be egtting 8meg connection and 20 gig peak traffic.

Its up to 8meg remember, the speed you actually get will depend on a few things, mainly how far you live from the Exchange

why would you want to go with a company that traffic shapes at any time of the day? the isp i work for has a 50gb on peak limit, unlimited off peak between midnight and 8am, and no traffic shaping

Maybe so, but I think it would be difficult to sustain a good level of service if you were to manage the same customer volume as PN do, at the end of the day, its about making money from there point of view, if the customer volume increased by 100% and people made use of the allowance, they would have to consider a different network plan, prices now are sky rocket and just do not make corporate sense at medium mass service.

Not trying to say it’s the best ISP or defend PN, there is better out there for peoples needs. But 20 gig peak (4pm till 12) is enough for most. Maybe not German HD XXX 1377 Adam, but most.

Its up to 8meg remember, the speed you actually get will depend on a few things, mainly how far you live from the Exchange

Thanks, had an email back from them they had stuck me on a 2meg connection. I'm litrally right outside the exchange I'm gettng the 8meg on a "priority job".