ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Broken 182 MPG update

Hey guys,

a bit peed off, if anyone seen my post about me going on holiday, disconnecting my battery and coming back and reconnecting it, to find my mpg computer showing (---.--). tired alsorts, but nothing worked. so booked it into the dealers.

went into the dealers today, then got a phone call from them, it needs a new instrument panel(clock, dials, speedo etc..) what i said, why. dealer just said thats what the tech said it needs. started thinking why would it need new clocks, is the mpg etc... computer all built into the panel, i thought it justed displayed the info etc....

to make things worse, i have just notice that my fuel low light comes on when petrol is low, but then goes off after a few miles and doesnt stay lit up. just passed the red bar on the gauge and it still hasnt lit up. did the self check on the dials and lights and it does work, so dnt no whats ups their. hopefully its because the mpg thing is not registering.

any views/help

cheers

i had a very simular problem,the one for how many miles until next fill up started flashing four dashes,put up the problem on here an was also told if my mpg one was still working i needed a new instrument panel. fuel light was doing exactly what u say too,try doing the self check and while its doing it press the button on the computer that you would normally to reset the trip computer this worked for me.though their still is a chance its goosed its worth a try

OMG, cheers tidyclio, it worked. did that and all is back to normal. now i have serious doubts about my renault dealer and its master tech, who said now it counldnt be fixed without a new instrument panel, costing £300 or something.

my car is booked in 4 tues to have a new panel and have the car 4 a day. well no more, im going to ask can i have the master tech job their, cant be hard can it. lol

only benefit of a new instrument panel is your mileage would've been put back to 0 lol,i have a 52 plate with 82k so would've really helped me when i had that problem!
yep i no what your saying though i was told by various renault "mechanics" that i needed a new one.i think they just love taking money of their customers for overvalued parts people don't need. what i told you to do is nothing renault don't no if they actually took the time to read their own manuals!
should go back in an just say so why do i need a new instrument panel see what he says then watch his face drop when you tell him how you fixed it!

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd definitely go back and ask if you can chat to their 'master' technician, and ask him why he recommended a whole new panel when you can just do what you did...

Guarantee he'll have some smart-ass answer prepared...

VW ....
letter of complaint me thinks .That is shocking that a Master Tech can't even have tried somethin so simple .Makes you wonder if they actually did know how to fix it but tried to pull the wool over your eyes to earn some extra dosh without even replacing the instrument panel .... the mind boggles .

tbh honest i think its just lack of knowledge,for some reason renault seem to diagnose instrument panel faults by saying if the mpg isnt working and the miles until next fill up isn't it must be a new instrument panel needed,like i say i heard this from a few renault people, all it tooks was five minutes of reading an the answer can be found on their own manual

well im going to go in 2moro and ask to speak to the master tech, and ask him, why he thinks it needs a new panel, and then make a fool of him.lol

worst thing is, i still have a sqeek coming from either a mount or suspension. every time i drive down a bumpy rd or speed bumps or brake hard or pull off fast, i get a squeek. and the same master tech said he couldnt find the problem. does he recommend a new car under warranty.lol noooooo not at all.

the battle against faults commences.lol

cheers guys for ur help. sorted alot of stress out 4 me. what a forum.