ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bux's BMW 123d M-Sport Coupe

M135i, 118 coupe
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355694603.412517.jpg

A lot like mine I got this year, 118d special editions, it has the blacked out lights and some other toys as standard like the M sport pack.

Great on fuel

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Very nice, my Dad has a white one, agree about the wheels, they look tiny in the arches and makes it look like you picked a lower spec model. Most of the BMW M Sports come with decent standard wheels, these are the only ones...

In all fairness I think 10mm spacers and Eibach lowering springs would sort out the stance a bit and you wouldn't look at the wheels thinking they are small.

Also. Nice one on getting the manual, get a modified clutch delay valve (it's an easy mod to do, but unless you've done it before you might aswell spend the £10 and get one that's ready to fit). It will transform your gear changes.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
The wheels are 261M's, they look a lot beter and meaner than standard M Sport wheels.

I have them on my 1er as well.

Bux

Golf GTD
I think you might be a bit confused Jeff, no one in the thread has said my wheels look too small :p and besides, if I go bigger to 19" then I feel they look too big unless they are on the 1M.

The only thing I feel looks small is the brake discs and calipers as I haven't got the BMW Performance ones.

Thanks for the tip about the CDV though, might have to look into that! :)

Leon Cupra 300
Looking good that.

Performance grills look good too. I just bought some from BMW - shiny black which is a perfect match to the shadowline trim.

Bux

Golf GTD
Time for an update i reckon!

Just had new brakes on all round, after I was getting an annoying amount of brake judder from the front ones due to them being warped :/

Also managed to make up a clip to hold in the rear of the drivers side headlight cover as it was missing, allowing moisture to get into the lot and meant that after a lot of rain the light would stop working :( Should be all sorted now though! Fingers crossed!

After spending an annoyingly long time without a wash (it's been too cold out. Last year I was cleaning the 197 in winter it decided to freeze the car whilst I was washing it...). So i decided to give it a good wash, polish and wax :D

Annoyingly though it was starting to get dark when I finished so I rushed out and managed to get these, although they are a little dark and i'm not the best photographer around haha...

8438967594_055acdd382_b.jpg

BMW 123d by TSBuxton, on Flickr

8437881503_dc4218b828_b.jpg

8438967500_0a4a8f3220_b.jpg

Bux

Golf GTD
Simple way to stop warping discs, don't do wheels up with Impact guns!

Torque them down correctly :) :p

I had not changed the discs on it since I bought it. The only mention of brakes being done in the history said that the pads were done in April, so no idea how old the discs were haha. They were done up with a torque wrench this time :)

Bux

Golf GTD
Right! Been quite a while since i've done any updates to the car! But finally i've done something! I got myself a set of genuine BMW black grills.
I've not improved my skills with a camera so bare with me ;) If anything i've lost what little skill I did have... anyway!

8905324996_99bd383ce2_b.jpg

8904706945_101b68730e_b.jpg

8904706605_24f4c5d36b_b.jpg

8904706195_a1b8e39aff_b.jpg

8905322482_80bf06c2bd_b.jpg

Next stage is to find some new wheels. I'm looking on ebay several times a day but none come up in the correct offset :( The aftermarket ones that are available don't actually fit a 1 Series properly and stick outside the arch and cause rubbing issues. My best option is to order a set of Alufelgen CS7 from the US, but it will cost me about £1k to do that and they don't come with tyres!

Also gonna get some carbon badges for the front and rear, and the new wheels when I get them. Go for the stealth look... with a cream interior haha!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I was just looking at these pics thinking how nice those wheels are then I read you want to change them :(

Looks good as it is now :)

Bux

Golf GTD
I was just looking at these pics thinking how nice those wheels are then I read you want to change them :(

Looks good as it is now :)

Thanks mate

Only reason I want to change them is because they are buckled and curbed to crap haha! (Previous owner did it and i've not gotten round to changing them). Front left is the worst and has about 200g worth of weights on it haha. Need to replace the whole set and was thinking of getting CSL reps to replace them. They style I currently have dont come up for sale as a full set very often :(

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
No dude.

It was found with 10 grands worth damage. So got paid out 14800 for my 59 plate in the end.

Not sure what to get tbh now dude. May even go boxter s as you can pick them up for 16k. Well see.

Bux

Golf GTD
No dude.

It was found with 10 grands worth damage. So got paid out 14800 for my 59 plate in the end.

Not sure what to get tbh now dude. May even go boxter s as you can pick them up for 16k. Well see.

Damn! Well whatever you get, make sure it's not got any security flaws! Bloody BMW...
Boxster S's are nice, would make a decent replacement.

Bux

Golf GTD
Semi-update! I Just bought some new wheels, picking them up on Tuesday!

It's a set of BMW 261 alloys in 1 Series fitment (They've got a higher offset than the 3 Series ones).

KGrHqZqQFGNIsMHBRvciUEd-60_12_zps6f8f1851.jpg

Can't wait to get them on the car! My current ones are buckled to buggery! (Not my fault, they've been quite bad since I bought the car...)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Should look awesome! Usually I love the black kidneys but kinda preferred the originals on yours! Everything else looks spot on though :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Considering one of these for her. Nice cars! I like the OEM wheels too! Not read the whole post, but are these quite tunable?

Bux

Golf GTD
Considering one of these for her. Nice cars! I like the OEM wheels too! Not read the whole post, but are these quite tunable?

They are pretty tunable, it just depends on how much you want to do it by. Some people have been able to get to 270bhp from just a remap, most people tend to go for around 240-250bhp from what I've heard.

I'm picking up the wheels in a few hours so might have to put them on later :p

Snotter's
On average 260 bhp with re map and dpf removal.

I had one as a demo for a bit (prior to being auc'd as it was mapped) and i loved it, very quick and still returning 40 mpg around town.

Bux

Golf GTD
Love the 261's! When you putting them on? I had them on my 130i LE.

P1020747.jpg

Theyre actually 216's, I messed up in my previous post :p I picked them up just now so as soon as I get some decent tyres on them they'll be goin on the car. Hopefully this weekend or early next week.

They could be 999's for all I know, just recognised the design :eek:

They seemed to be hit and miss on BMW Baby, some loved em, others not so. Bonus that yours come with the stickers, they're often missing.

Bux

Golf GTD
They could be 999's for all I know, just recognised the design :eek: They seemed to be hit and miss on BMW Baby, some loved em, others not so. Bonus that yours come with the stickers, they're often missing.

Yeah they tend to go missing when people get them refurbished because the stickers are hard to get hold of if you don't know where to look, so they just get left blank. There's a company which actually supplied them to BMW and sell them for like £10 a set.

The guy I bought these from bought them new from BMW 2 years ago, so they're not very old and in excellent condition. :)