ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bye bye 225, well hello vx220

Elise/VX220/R26
After having the megane for 18 months and 16k trouble free miles I just had to get the VX itch out of my system before its too late :D Had it just over a week now, had chance to stretch the legs a bit over this weekend and its still making me grin like an idiot :D:D Had its first wash today too:

dscf2383vj5.jpg

dscf2389jf7.jpg

dscf2393hs1.jpg

Estate agents would probably call the inteior "Clean and minimalist" I'd call it "basic" specially after the megane!

dscf2394tk6.jpg

Surprisingly spacious boot and the engine (in the correct place ;))

dscf2391my9.jpg

teency little space behind the seats where the speakers are, also has a little shelf and even a cup holder! Standard speakers and head unit are gone already replaced by a pioneer HU and infinity 2 ways

dscf2396fk7.jpg

dscf2404xw5.jpg

dscf2405dw3.jpg

Elise/VX220/R26
yeah its the humble NA which is quite enough for me TBH. I could have got a turbo but no doubt I would have gone mad with tuning etc and end up getting 15mpg and killing myself in the process lol

Don't let any of the mods (at least the ones in the police) see that last picture, it might annoy them, lol.

Oh yeah looks good too. I think I'd like one, but I like the old creature comforts, hence the phull phat.

A well built VW
Sweet motor , what does the good lady wife (you got used to that yet!!) think about it ?

Now get those wheels powdercoated black/gunmetal

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I've always liked the look of them, doubt i would fit in though, but you never know. Leg room would be an issue, Monaro next.

those VDO speakers s**t?? the blaupunkt ones in my tub were! changed them after 2 days of having the car!

never knew the footrests were diff in the turbos till seeing that pic

edit - just read you changed for infintiy speakers - which did you get?? i went for the infinity kappa's

vxt+003.jpg

Elise/VX220/R26
I got ifinitys too m8 re used the VDO grilles on them but yeah 200 times better than the standard setup!

Re gunmetalling the alloys.....tempting but cant help thinking it might have a bit of a chavving effect on the car???

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
nice car fun to drive but a bit camp( not like my pink r5 in my avatar lol) should of kept the 225

hows is vx220 camp?? if he'd bought a boxster, or an mr2 roadster or an MGF/MGTF I could understand, but a vx220 is far from camp!

Nice choice of car mate, have driven one a few times as a guy I am mates with owns one, lovely cars, wanted to get one after the clio but have had to be happy with something slower and more fuel efficient for now :(

Ad

MK2 FRS
welcome to the fold mate. Only clicked talking to someone the otherday that you wear the guy i sold the tyres too.

Glad your enjoying. Ignore the turbo brigade.. lol. Theres plenty of reasons to be happy with an NA.

LY V6 with Recaros
Nice, they seem to be getting popular at the moment, loads of people on here are getting them! Looks good though :)

Elise/VX220/R26
Ad said:
welcome to the fold mate. Only clicked talking to someone the otherday that you wear the guy i sold the tyres too.

Glad your enjoying. Ignore the turbo brigade.. lol. Theres plenty of reasons to be happy with an NA.

yeah that was me m8, I never fitted the tyres in the end lol the decision was made to change so had to act quick before the MRs changed her mind. She loves it anyway. Perfectly happy with the NA it has plenty enough power for such a small car, its actually a match for the 225 (standard) up to at least 70 anyway as my best mate has one and we had a little "test" at the weekend, I was expecting to be pasted too. I didnt realise they were so quick to 50 5.7 seconds iirc and they get every last bhp down with ruthless efficiency too, fantastic car. As for them being camp....erm our hairdresser dont drive one she has a clio!

I think the 225 is a "better" car its so fast and confortable etc but you just cant beat a vx220 for sheer driving pleasure. The reaction it gets off people is incredible too. Even neighbours on the street who were previously on nodding only terms are suddenly best friends, kids swarm round it when you pull up outside the shops. Even had a few waves off nice young ladies (but they were probably looking at me not the car to be fair)

Ad

MK2 FRS
The VX is so focussed at what it does, and it does that well. For sheer driving pleasure, nothing else ive had comes close, but i only drive mine at w.e. so the lacks of comforts isnt an issue.

Yeah you do get loads of attention. It amazes me how many older people ask about it... and the waves and screams off kids is quite amusing. Theres nothing hairdresser about it. Yellow ones are for gheys thats why ChrisE wants one.. lol.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
my next car in a few years i reckon :)

whats the N/A to drive like, in-line performance, il heard its abit of a let down esp after 80.

Elise/VX220/R26
E-ray_172 said:

whats the N/A to drive like, in-line performance, il heard its abit of a let down esp after 80.

you wont be doing more than 80 in it m8 it too noisy lol Performance is good, I dont feel dissapointed even coming form the 270odd bhp 225 I had. Its roughly 172 pace but obviously quite a lot faster to 60 from a standing start. Its all about the corners with the VX though. Over 80mph is a bit of an irrelavence with the VX, focus on that and you totally miss the point of the car imo

Ad

MK2 FRS
E-ray_172 said:

It lacks a bit of top end poke for sure. It is not a motor way crusier neither is it a dual carriage way racer. Its the B road where it come alive. The turbo has more poke top end, but sacarfices other things. The NA deals with its power easily, very smotth and sure footed. Its just so much fun to drive. I also came from the meggy, and have no regrets and its by far and away the most fun car (out of the 14) that ive had.

In fact atm moment, im having my wheels powder coated... starting to get pissed off that i cant drive it. lol.

Also they are cheap as chips to run. Servicing is 130 every 10k. Insurance is the same as a172/182 (with the correct insurer) brakes etc are cheap enough.

never driven an n/a i find the turbo quite an ideal motorway cruiser, granted its quite noisy but thats why i have put some decent speakers in it.

its got so much power for overtaking, 70-120 is really quite impressive!

lacks poke after 125 ish though.

and i think the extra soundeadening/softer (but still bloody hard! lol)suspension helps.

but instead of coming home the dual carriageway i tend to take the backroads now even more than i did in the clio!

still cant believe the attention it gets.. its like being a celebrity. lol :D
dunno what its like round your area but theres only 1 other i see fairly regularly parked at a pub and thats it.

cock mobile.
Bloody hell, there's more people with VX's than CTRs on the site now! lol.

Very nice car mate!! Would love to have one if I could be bothered to run two cars (but I can't lol).

Ad

MK2 FRS
Yeh theres a few, Cocopops, Me, Gary G , Guy, Johnnyboy, Mja182 (is ont he verge of buying) who are memebers, also Chirs turbo forum user (but think his is dead now).

Loads of VX owners have had RS', people like TonyKL and Ad172 used to be on here.

Try yellow Guy, makes you even more of an ASW. lol.