ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye Bye Cup, Hello Cupra R

Well, im afraid im jumping ship, ive just put a deposit down on a 54plate Leon Cupra R. The deal was too good to miss. Picking it up sometime next week. Its the 225bhp version, in Grey, with 1500 miles on the clock. Its also got smart nav fitted. Doesnt have the Recaros, but to be honest the standard seats are more comfy than the Cup anyway.

Realy chuffed and excited, but also a little sad to see the fantastic little Cup go. Ive had it for almost a year and have fallen in Love with it. I just wanted something a little more refined and with a few extra toys, and the ability to have a conversation with the passenger on the motorway without having to shout (that will be the scorpion system on it!)

Bye bye little clio Cup, youll be missed.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1098983289__DSCF0001.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1098983289__DSCF0001.jpg

ITR UKDC2

BYE BYE!

my friend has a black leon cupra R there very nice cars but he bought it new for 18 Grand, you can buy them now with like 10,000 miles on for 14 grand. i must say when we went on a booze cruz to france (cupra R leon and polo gti) i got to drive it back and it had a very smooth ride. and the turbo kicks in real nice too.

i sold the GTI and got a 172 Mk2 and yes the seat are nice in the cupra.

the BREMBOS ARE AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! you will have to get use to its amazing stoppoing power!!

it should be wearing PZEROS on which are nice but big ££££££!!!!

All in all seat have done very well built with VW parts so the quality is very high.

Good luck mate have fun with it and get some pics up!!!;)

Yeah, got mine, 3 months old for £16,200 plus they gave me above book price for my clio, think Christmas is the time to buy! The guy went to see his boss, when came back he said he was surprised his boss gave it me for that price, it was for sale at £16,995.

Yup its got Pzeros on, not looking forward to paying for new ones, but well cross that bridge when we come to it! Ill take my camera along when i pick it up as its beeing Valetted, think it will only stay clean for a couple of miles in this weather!

Max

ITR UKDC2

yeh all that grit will make the car grey, white colour.

i use to have to wash my black polo gti every couple of days. i though that black wouldnt show dirt!

BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! was i wrong!

work of advice!

BE VERY CARFULL PARKING >>>>>>>> DONT CURB THE ALLOYS OR I WILL BE ROUND TO SORT YOU OUT!!!!! its a crime to curb them did you not know!;)

They cant be as easy to curb as the Cups??? They stick out a mile from the rubber! Im always overly cautious when parking and always end up miles away from the curb. Will keep my distance in the R, dont want to spoil the look of those alloys!

Going to get used to the car, and wait till it drys up a bit (and ive saved a bit!!) then going to get it Revo remapped to a nice 265-270bhp! Not bad for 500squid!

You going to remap it you can make real gain on turbo VAG engines.

£500 remaps will get you ~270hp

Nice car though.

Remapped derv Golf

Slight off topic but what can the Audi automatic tiptonic box take? bhp wise?

Might have the chance to buy a 03 A3 1.8T with all the options. very very cheap.

Lionel Richie

sorry, but ive driven both cups and a Revod LCR on track, and the CUP is SO much more fun!!!!

LCR, in a straight line = good, but add corners it = TANK/BARGE/OCEAN LINER!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 04 December 2004

sorry, but ive driven both cups and a Revod LCR on track, and the CUP is SO much more fun!!!!

LCR, in a straight line = good, but add corners it = TANK/BARGE/OCEAN LINER!!!!!

Fred, let me ask you something please........

In a % term, how much of the british public buy a car to race round a track??

Id estimate under 1%

Not everyone buys a car to race round a track mate. I have no interest what so ever in thrashing my car round a track. None what so ever, not in the slightest, diddly squat!!!

In that respect i also have no interest in racing through counrty lanes at 100mph! Id pretty much say the same for 99% of the british general public!!

Most driving is done on long straight motorways and A-roads. Something an LCR is well suited for!!!

Yeah, but im not buying it to take on the track! Im buying it because most of my mileage now is either stuck in traffic or motorway miles. Ive had the cup for a year and i loved it to bits and drove it hard, but now i want something just that little bit more refined. Im still getting a quick car, ill just not be chucking it around so many corners, but that doesnt worry me anyhow.

Max

ITR UKDC2

yeh man you have made the right choice if only i could get one!

just out of intrest did you not like the yellow one. i think it looks cool stands out.

they come in gun metal grey/yellow/red/black/sliver.

only ever seen one yellow.

but black is really nice makes the brakes stand out!

Plus a good resale colour!

I went from a 172 Cup to a Cupra R 225 and have not looked back. A definite step up in car terms. £500 and a trip to Revo / Jabba later and youre looking at 270bhp which the engine / brakes will handle comfortably. Looks so much better and is better built than the Magane 225 as well.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

a seriously under-rated car

hope you enjoy,they look good...maybe in a couple of years when there 3.5 k ill have one as a second car....no disrespect ,but they will dive and will be open to anyone with a cheap budget

ian

Yeah Tom1600, they are all nice cars, i think even the S model is a not a bd looking car, better than the golf in my eys. I certainly prefer the look of the Leon Cupra R over the Looks of the Audi S3 (old shape). Ok build quality and cabin trim will be a little step down from the S3, but im sure it will be just as fun, and a big step up from the Cup in terms of quality!

Ian 172, maybe youll get a high miler for that price, but id say youd be setting your sights rather low! Better off spending a bit more and getting something better! 3 year old Cupra Rs are still going for around 9-10k. Id say TVRs are the same, see you want a Tuscan, reckon in a few years youll be able to pick them up for diddly also!

Woohoo! Loan is sorted, Cupra R is being Valleted today, picking it up tomorrow! Cant wait! Will have to take sone photos!

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 04 December 2004

Id estimate under 1%

Not everyone buys a car to race round a track mate. I have no interest what so ever in thrashing my car round a track. None what so ever, not in the slightest, diddly squat!!!

In that respect i also have no interest in racing through counrty lanes at 100mph! Id pretty much say the same for 99% of the british general public!!

Most driving is done on long straight motorways and A-roads. Something an LCR is well suited for!!!
Good point!!!!!!!! LOL

Still a barge though!!!!

Megane 225

Watch him get it Revod :)

Max actually Ill hopefully be moving on to a Leon FR mid-2005 or thereabouts - sooty-tourque wagon though not a CR!

120d Sport

Very nice Cars....i would still get the S3 over one just because of resale value, Audi S3 will hold its money better than a Seat i think.

Nippy white cup

Id estimate under 1%

Funny that....Im sure when you had your scoobie the country lanes were the greatest things since sliced bread! ;)

Chris

R5 Gordini Turbo

I looked at a Cupra R before the S3, but it would financilly ruin me having to change P Zeros every 6-9000 miles. The Leaon has the same dash as the S3, and is of the same quality. I think that the leon looks nicer than a standard S3, but lowered, the S3 lookes really butch (for want of a better word)

megane coupe F7R

Did a ferrari day last may. They took me for a flying lap in a leon cupra r. Pretty quick motors. Nice inside too. Thae wheels are to die for.

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 09 December 2004

Id estimate under 1%

Funny that....Im sure when you had your scoobie the country lanes were the greatest things since sliced bread! ;)

Chris

Exactly... anything to win an arguement!

Quote: Originally posted by Iain C on 09 December 2004

i give it a 2 weeks b 4 u want the cup back.

The Lcr is a bit dull imo....good motorway car tho

Just to let you know, its been about 2 weeks and im still super stoked about the Cupra R!! Its so much more of a complete car than the Cup. I love the Cup dont get me wrong, and it was more of a blast down country lanes, but it lacked in other areas, where as the Leon is good in all areas for me anyhow. Even on country lanes that i used to blast along in the Cup, im not going a lot slower in the Leon, if anything the suspension copes better with the bumpy roads, theres a lot less jaring and hitting bump stops.

On the motorway its just in a different league. I used to arrive after hour + journeys feeling really frazzled, now i feel i could just keep on going, hour after hour. The only bad thing is i think im much more likely to lose my liecence, as in the Cup i would be doing 80 and the Scorpion exhaust woul sounds like a leaf blower, in the Leon its purring away at way over the legal limit.

i use the 4k rattle as a ban stopper, when it starts buzzing i ease off so im always just under 80mph.

lovely cars though, fuel and tyres would scare me though. My mate had a cupra and he had dunlop sp sports on that, got loads of miles out of them, mostly d/c roads to work etc.

Yeah, tyres do scare me a little. Ive looked on Mytyres.co.uk and i can get eagle F1 GSsomthings for £109 a corner. Fuel is not too bad, costs about £10 more to do the same miles i got in the Cup