ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye M3, hello French tin can!

Z4
Ok, for those that didn't know I used to be the proud owner of this
IMG_0484.jpg

It was lovely, but had to go! Houses>Cars etc.

I've now got this little blue thing to keep me entertained.

1823.jpg

1824.jpg

clio182.jpg

You may recognise it? Mathews old beast.

Matt had pretty much sorted it so not much to do to it, it's sitting nicely on coilies although I'm tempted to lower the front a tad more?
It's got a cheeky decatted yozza and some christopher esq white turnis!

The plan was to save money but it's so addictive with a clio to change everything. I'm going to machine polish it as it's got some swirling, I've colour coded the interior strips etc RB, the door grab handles are gloss black as I hated how sticky the standard ones go.

Oh, and my favourite bit
IMG_0733.jpg

Everything is sooo cheap compared with the M3 it's brilliant! I don't know if there is something wrong with the petrol gauge but it barely moves lol.

I used to own a cup, but I have to admit, I think I prefer the 182!
clio3.jpg

S3 Sportback, Ninja
:( Do you mind me asking what you got for the m3? The prices are getting beyond a joke but the uber clean ones still command a premium which is good. Even the e92's are getting into 25k terrtory now. 182 looks good though mate.

Z4
Lovely!

This is exactly why the Trophy is going into storage instead of being sold.

Next year House>M3

I don't blame you mate, this is purely to save money and tbh, I'm having 85% as much fun in this anyway, the lack of low end torque is the my only real gripe but it could be worse...ek9!

:( Do you mind me asking what you got for the m3? The prices are getting beyond a joke but the uber clean ones still command a premium which is good. Even the e92's are getting into 25k terrtory now. 182 looks good though mate.

Cheers. I still stand by the fact that the minters are generally holding their value, mine sold for 11.5k, not bad considering I bought for 13k from a good garage over a year ago before the market went tits up.
I wouldn't touch a cheap one with a barge pole, I'm not sure I'd even dare buy through a private sale! I bet Dave is glad he didn't lol.

Nice upgrade.

Nope.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
42mpg!! Iv currently got a FRS running around 280bhp, Im thinking of getting rid and getting a 182 to save for house, Think it may have to be done.

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Looks lovely mate, some nice touches. Closely related to mine too . . .

SDC10334.jpg

Renaultsport Clio 182
M3 looked mint mate & the 182 looks lovely too! Just one question - how the hell do you get that 42mpg figure?? I usually average 31 at best!!!

Z4
M3 looked mint mate & the 182 looks lovely too! Just one question - how the hell do you get that 42mpg figure?? I usually average 31 at best!!!

lol it was on the way home from Southend when I bought it, kept it around 65-70mph on the cruise control and it's as easy as that.

The M3 managed 28mpg on the same journey/driving lol

Z4
I thought I recognised it. Still looks mint.

Welcome to the RB club :)

Cheers dude.

It's not 100% mint, but it's not bad! I'm a fussy sod, and I'm happy.
I feel it was neglected a little bit after Matts ownership, so my plan is to get it back to its former glory!

I want to buy it back! LOL :(

Still looking good mate, although gutted to hear it was neglected abit after I sold it, which I never should have done (the Golf GTI was crap).

Atleast its back in good hands, never gave me any trouble this car.

Fiesta ST-3
Not bad, 1 or 2 things niggling me. Theres a rattle around 2.5k upwards which I'm hoping is caused by the shitty exhaust (thanks mate).
Had a puncture the other night too... £140 for a new tyre fails just as much as not having a spare. Also had the ariel snapped off, so need a new base. I've been waiting for a yozza to become available for f**king ages now! Starting to get impatient ha. Other than all that, not bad :)

You back in a 1*2 yet?

OP, your m3 looked f**king mint by the way. I bet you were sad to see it go!

Not bad, 1 or 2 things niggling me. Theres a rattle around 2.5k upwards which I'm hoping is caused by the s**tty exhaust (thanks mate).
Had a puncture the other night too... £140 for a new tyre fails just as much as not having a spare. Also had the ariel snapped off, so need a new base. I've been waiting for a yozza to become available for f**king ages now! Starting to get impatient ha. Other than all that, not bad :)

You back in a 1*2 yet?

Thats clio ownership summed up Chris, "nigles" you never get rid of them all! lol

No Im driving a 107 (sport xs ;) ) at the min. We are saving up to buy a house, so needed something which is dirt cheap to run.

I do about 400 miles per month and it costs me about £35 in petrol! Ace.

Although I keep being tempted by cheap Iceburg 172's, love them.

Z4
I want to buy it back! LOL :(

Still looking good mate, although gutted to hear it was neglected abit after I sold it, which I never should have done (the Golf GTI was crap).

Atleast its back in good hands, never gave me any trouble this car.

I thought you might pipe up at some point lol.

Few progress photos..

Interior strips before:
before.jpg

Wet sanded down with a few coats of primer
during.jpg

And a couple afters with new head unit fitted with a surprise complimentary iPod (get in!) fitted in the glovebox. Sounds SO much better than the Pioneer fitted previously, not sure why but that sounded god awful, also love how this matches the blueness
interior3.jpg

interior2.jpg

Grab handles sprayed by sprayshack, I'd recommend them :)
interior1.jpg

Them grab handles look awesome!

I put that head unit in :eek: although I did have it amped up and a sub etc so it did sound ok at the time...

When/if you sell it mate, can I have first refusal? Would like it back at some point in the future ;)

Z4
< check the avatar, soooooo 2009 ;) lol

Haha who could blame you ;)
Still enjoying the car mate, obviously missing elements of the M3, but this is saving me huge amounts of cash, I'm still having fun without the burden of a huge depreciating asset hanging over my head!

Shhh!
It was a rare minter, but I'm glad I've gone down this route. Serious bit of kit the M3, would be fantastic on track, but for my uses on the road it was slightly OTT. I say this now, but I bet I'll get something wild again come house time lol.

Z4
Them grab handles look awesome!

I put that head unit in :eek: although I did have it amped up and a sub etc so it did sound ok at the time...

When/if you sell it mate, can I have first refusal? Would like it back at some point in the future ;)

Cheers bud :)

I'm thinking maybe the Pioneer wasn't wired in properly or something as it sounded awful! So bad in fact I thought it was the speakers so I was going to buy some rainbow components and amp them, fitted the Jvc in the meantime and was blown away lol, 10 x better than the other! Will do me anyway.

Dibs are all yours chap, I'll keep her warm for you ;)

Z4
Love the RB, this just makes me want one again (used to have LY 182) Looks perfect how it is!

I saw your 182 a few times, wouldn't have done any good waving as I would have only confused you in the M3 lol, you seen the 182 yet? I'm sure you will at some point.
How does the r26 compare?