ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

C30 T5

Well I bought a volvo c30 t5 a few weeks ago after having enough of the twingo rs. The car is a 58 plate on 34000 miles one owner full volvo history so I snapped it up. The private reg didn't come with the car.

Absolutely loving it. As standard 230bhp. Awful mpg when going for it, 22-25 on a short commute and round town, on the motorway 37mpg at 75mph with cruise on. The twingo never achieved more than 30mpg in my 28 months of ownership no matter how you drove.

It is the se lux model so it has extras like electrically adjustable heated seats etc. I wish it had the upgraded speakers :(
And it really needs xenons, it has headlight washers and projector lenses so I need to look into what's the best aftermarket option.

The car is booked in at pipewerx for a 3" downpipe and 200 cell sports cat in a few weeks time. That will be the extent of the mods until next year when I'll get a bigger intercooler and a stage 2 remap from Shark.

Here are a few photos from the sale advert:

76CFF6CE-544C-4BA4-927F-B259637FBFFB_zps8ijsvzhh.gif

825937B7-AF25-4AD5-89E2-81ED00F58B68_zpswht7bk5t.gif

99203181-69B1-41AE-A532-B851E7D8CBB3_zpsehecikwh.gif

C104993E-F5EA-4EFB-9E74-835686075ACE_zpszusdtngo.gif

I've just got back from efi parts where chris put it on the rollers. It made 237 bhp and 258 lb-ft, slightly above standard which is 230.

496E0209-9FA5-4C7E-8D5D-10FBB106AD29_zpsl9zkxg31.gif

12B3A2F7-FC7D-4C70-872C-DD98C1E1E152_zpsxnhrq1kn.gif

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Proper engine. I've driven quite a few of them over the years. Big fan. I drove a massive spec one with springs and it cornered brilliantly.

320d
Bit of a Q-car these. You wouldn't expect it to be as quick as it is based on the looks.

Any reason why you chose it over it's more sporting stablemate, the Focus ST?

Woops it's posted the printout upside down :/

4F840E77-D73A-447F-B129-5FDCD9B43FC4_zps7ucllunw.gif

The handling will be sorted in the future, if carrying any speed it corners like a boat

I started off intending to get a focus but for the price the mileage and age of the focus was substantially worse than this. The one I test drove had far too many interior rattles. The volvo feels like it is put together a lot better

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Great engine but I do prefer these in R Design spec. I looked at these a few years ago but did the opposite to you and opted for the Focus ST instead.

Great engine but I do prefer these in R Design spec. I looked at these a few years ago but did the opposite to you and opted for the Focus ST instead.

The only t5 r designs for sale where at the other end of the country. All the other rdesigns were small engines, petrol auto, or diesel.

i like the understated look. I'd love the blue polestar edition though

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Lovely! Love the floating centre console in these.

Get it mapped though! They are awful standard imo. Feel really held back.

I went to pipewerx Saturday morning to have them do the 3" downpipe and 200 cell sports cat. It took them 3 and a half hours and they did a top job. I forgot to get a photo before they bolted it to the car.... Nice deeper tone

B8FB4EF1-41FB-42C2-A31A-3406D4A5DFF8_zpsiea2hmv3.gif

no warning lights on the dash, a few miles in it this week should see the ecu adjust to it more.

i need the catback done now, unsure whether 2.75" (70mm) or 3"

Last edited:
  Titanium 182
I love these! I want one myself! Needs the diamond cut wheels on to make it perfect.

Have you heard what the Dynaudio upgraded speakers sound like?

Also pics from the rear with the new exhaust on are needed.

I've heard the Volvo engine is way stronger in the C30 than the Focus ST, as they had to shorten the block a little to get it in engine bay, hence why all the Focus fan boys seem to be getting this block mod that's going around.

I love these! I want one myself! Needs the diamond cut wheels on to make it perfect.

Have you heard what the Dynaudio upgraded speakers sound like?

Also pics from the rear with the new exhaust on are needed.

I've heard the Volvo engine is way stronger in the C30 than the Focus ST, as they had to shorten the block a little to get it in engine bay, hence why all the Focus fan boys seem to be getting this block mod that's going around.

you won't see the exhaust as ive only had the downpipe and cat changed.

The wheels were diamond cut the dealer said, but they had corroded underneath when there was no damage to them what so ever. The garage had them refurbed to a standard silver colour.

ive not had chance to try out the dynaudio speakers but reading reviews they sound like an essential extra!

I'm sure it's exactly the same engine, volvo uses a different ecu/different mapping

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
As you've kept a cat, you shouldn't get the engine management light on. Either way it takes a couple of hundred miles before it will come on (mine did when I decatted anyway)

You REALLY need a tune now to take advantage of the downpipe as currently you will be gaining very little from it. You'll still make pretty much the same power as it is, just ever so slightly earlier in the rev range due to the free flowing pipe. Also, keep an eye on the downpipe bolts - they WILL work loose and fall out (it's very common on the ST's etc.)

My sugestion would be Shark Performance!

Do you have any pics of the downpipe at all?

This car has not missed a beat (touch wood), just gone over 38,000 miles.

Service is due so going to go to Volvo for this one as it's been full Volvo history up until now.

I've just made an order for do88 intercooler and pipework, and do88 turbo inlet pipe. I then need to get down to shark for a remap. ive emailed them and they've recommended to finish off the exhaust and get a performance intake as I'm obviously skipping the stage 1 map, hopefully stage 2 as well.

Car hasn't been cleaned since the start of January! Waiting to move in to my new flat so everything's took a back foot recently...

Parts ordered from the UK distributor for do88:

http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/bigpack-volvo-c30-s40-v50-c70-turbo-04-13.html

http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/volvo-c30_c70_s40_v50-04-13-turbo-inlet-pipe.html

Gone for black trying to keep it looking standard(ish)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
@Chrisgti6 which stage map did you go for and what were the costs? 2 hour drive there so less trips the better!

Stage 3 on mine, I expect I'm at about 290bhp and 350lb-ft at the moment. Don't bother with stage 2 if fitting an intercooler - go straight to 3.

It's the exhaust holding me back now, Intake isn't needed until you are going for 320+ as the oe is fine. I'm just running a k&n panel and ECU relocation.

For an exhaust I would recomend Ferrita. Head over to kalmar unions site, sub £400 for cat back and they are nice and subtle sounding. That's what I'm planning anyway.

Let me know if you come visit shark at Mansfield (although I think they have resellers around the country).

Give me a shout if you need anything else mate. Also, get yourself on c30crew website!

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Edit - I have the do88 pipework, but not their intercooler. I love the noise now!

496D895B-8D0E-47E9-BCE2-05B285BFF315_zps7he3haha.jpg

6CEAFB09-7D8E-4A4F-B7F9-6A483E82566D_zpsl4lwbfld.jpg

RB Clio 182
What, like I'm supposedly talking crap about mine? Can't have your cake and eat it.

But its more likely to be true if he is giving negative comments about his car, you are probably bigging yours up because people turn into car traitors when they change brand.