ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
For me it's..

Movement is a refreshing change from the old feeling but could do with faster sprint out times as it feels a bit clunky and favours a passive playstyle. Fortunately they've already said they are improving the fluidity of the movement in the full release.

UI is dogshit and over complicated. The gunsmith is okay but simple navigation through menus is harder than it needs to be.

Audio is much better now footsteps are very clear seen people complain that they're too loud which again can play into a passive playstyle but I'd rather them loud than not at all. Guns etc sound great.

Maps seemed okay but from what I saw from more professional feedback is that the spawn system is different to usual so sometimes you'd spawn middle map and wouldn't even know which way to go for enemies. Xclusiveace put out a video which covered that pretty well so I hope they improve that.

I had a few issues with killstreaks. Pissed one game I had a 10+ kill streak and when using one of the streaks it wouldn't let me active it so ended up the little device stuck on screen until the timer counted down in which time I was killed. Think it's 30 seconds and it wouldn't let me use it at all the whole game. I also had a big box covering the top left screen a few times which also looked kill streak related.

TTK does feel fast but again I saw some YouTuber might have been Ace again testing this and it wasn't particularly crazy numbers.

Game performance seemed odd as I was getting around 80 FPS even low settings I wouldn't see over 100. Didn't have enough time to try tinkering with PC or trying other games but a Google suggested I wasn't alone in that so will see how it is when the full game comes out.

Overall I'm pretty excited and looking forward to the early multiplayer which I think is a great idea otherwise I wouldn't be as likely to touch it. Not sure I'll play it as much providing Warzone is good plus plunder is still there if the TTK gets too annoying and it's always fun shitting on the plunder bots while learning the new map. Definitely a bunch of changes needed but it does seem the game has plenty of potential.

FPS wise it might be driver related?

I had a driver update specifically for the beta and I was seeing average 150fps in 4k. Only turned down the shadows to medium and everything else was maxed.

TTK seemed really slow for me and super fast for everyone shooting me 🤣

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
FPS wise it might be driver related?

I had a driver update specifically for the beta and I was seeing average 150fps in 4k. Only turned down the shadows to medium and everything else was maxed.

TTK seemed really slow for me and super fast for everyone shooting me 🤣

Yeah I did check drivers and they were up to date but didn't mess around much more than that. I went on evga site today to be sure and redownloaded them and geforce says its all up to date. Will wait until full game release now to see.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
200.gif

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Did the pre order in game using a mix of xbox points and card.
When i click it sasy "pre order", so i do and get a message saying i already own the game.
then a error saying "PILUM".
When i go to the xbox store it just asks me to fully pay again. Cant seem to find much online

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I had an hour or so earlier. The Amsterdam mission is very pretty (graphics wise).

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Played it for 4 hours last night.
Some missions are quite annoying (I'm impatient). Very good graphics though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Completed the campaign. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. Graphics and gun play were great.

Spoiler alert:

It lurched a bit between “ultra realism” in some levels, Injured Soap in the Mexican town, vs completely unrealistic scenarios like Graves and the tank. I’d have preferred it a bit more consistently realistic tbh.

Also, some clear repetition of classic levels that I enjoyed, but not exactly new material like the gun ship level, the oil rig level and the new “all ghillied up” level with the lighthouse. Lastly, the ghost bit was a bit Tom Clancy. But on the whole a good campaign and I enjoyed it.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I got up to the sniper mission earlier and left it at that because I want to fully enjoy that mission start to end. Graphics look great I have most turned up high in 4k so not getting mega frames but figured I'd prefer that in the campaign. Would be interested to know what settings you lot are running especially 30 series guys.

Enjoying it so far though feels like bloody years since I've actually played a campaign and not just jumped into MP. I hope this sort of early release becomes a norm.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I got up to the sniper mission earlier and left it at that because I want to fully enjoy that mission start to end. Graphics look great I have most turned up high in 4k so not getting mega frames but figured I'd prefer that in the campaign. Would be interested to know what settings you lot are running especially 30 series guys.

Enjoying it so far though feels like bloody years since I've actually played a campaign and not just jumped into MP. I hope this sort of early release becomes a norm.

Interestingly on “performance” graphics settings the stutter lag I’ve been having has made the game unplayable. I’ve read online it may be something to do with playing through battlenet vs steam download, where it’s more stable.

I solved it by switching the graphics settings to Visual Quality as opposed to “Performance”.