ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t believe I just did this...

RenaultSport Clio 172 Mk2

AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I was just taking the wheel centre cover off my alloys to get at the nuts and as it came off it slipped out of my hand and straight down the drain which was right next to my front wheel!!

It floated there teasingly for a second or two but then descended slowly into the murky depths as if mocking me for my stupidity. Looked into my spare wheel hopefully but no spare.

Soooooooooooooo. What I want to know is how much are they from Renault? Cant ring em as theyre shut now.

Or even better, does anyone have a spare one knocking about that they are willing to sell me?

Da

Less

theyre about £15 plus vat from renault mate, there was a post 2/3 days back.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Doh !!!

There nto much from renault anyways..... £10-12 or so

Someone may have one up somewhere hanging about.

Volvo S60 T5

What a f**ker!

Part number is 8200 108 993 I think and they cost £5.11 each.

Double check with your local dealer.

Cheers guys. Ill find out tomorrow. Hope its £5 and not £15 :oops:

Im gonna stick a thread on the Sales section to see if anyone has one first.

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by The Bear on 02 August 2005

It floated there teasingly for a second or two but then descended slowly into the murky depths as if mocking me for my stupidity.

PMSL @ THAT!

Silver 172 PhII

Quote: Originally posted by benji&eka on 02 August 2005
:D:eek::D serously tho, im always worried im gonna drop my keys down one of those buggers

errrrr...... Ive done that. :oops: :oops: At a Renault garage. One of the mechanics used a bent car arial to get them out for me. Thing is I take my car there to get it serviced and I get funny looks from everyone when I go in. Still, at least they know me by name now! :oops: "Hey, its Simon, the one who dropped his keys down the drain." Though they only usualy say this if they can stop laughing!

Rang Renault earlier today. £6 inc VAT (not bad!) but not kept in stock at my local dealer so would be a couple of days.

I would try and fish it out but Id imagine it would be near impossible to hook onto anything since it will probably be lying flat on the bottom or most likely been swept away by one of the routine flushes by now.

Ill give it till next week on the classifieds sections.

thats harsh, i remember once i got out my car whilst putting my stereo face in its case and dropped it on a drain, as luck would have it, it bounced off one of the bars and i cought it:eek:

thank god that didnt go down!