ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can drive the cup in 2 days!

clio 172 cup
Just got myself a 172 cup recently but havent been able to drive until my policy runs out as my current insurers wont insure me due to my age! Wondered if anyone knows how this would fair against my mates rs focus(standard)? my cup just has a cat back exhaust n panel filter. cheers

vw bora
get him on the bendys and you will beat him but he might have you on a straight or duel carrage way due to the higher power of the rs i would rather drive the cup thow, alot more feel and fun :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Try and make it last through the winter.

If your going to be racing your mates focus in the wet/ice etc, i'd probably suspect otherwise.

vw bora
its true thow the cup is horrid it the wet/ice/snow and ever so slightly moist roads lol and no abs makes it very hard to stop in those conditions so abit of adivice from a cup owner dont tailgate in winter lol

ST
Try and make it last through the winter.

If your going to be racing your mates focus in the wet/ice etc, i'd probably suspect otherwise.

Gotta agree with you mate...we don't want anyone hurt or another written off cup..

BMW E46 330i Touring
Cups are fine in the winter, it's drivers not driving to the conditions that's the risk.

I've not even come close to an incident in mine.

182 Trophy (#27/500)
general sound advise in this thread!!! go steady!! it not yourself you have to worry about. Back to the main topic though.......Clio all the way!!! stuff your mate!!lol

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
its true thow the cup is horrid it the wet/ice/snow and ever so slightly moist roads lol and no abs makes it very hard to stop in those conditions so abit of adivice from a cup owner dont tailgate in winter lol

Do you own one?

My mk1 nova is probably safer in the wet than my cup :)
I'm not sure how a car can go from being absolutely fine in the wet (172) to being dreadful following the removal of a spare wheel and aircon along with ABS.

Do those sh!t headlights stop you from spotting the muddy, wet corner approaching?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Do you own one?

My mk1 nova is probably safer in the wet than my cup :)

As you can probaly see in my pic to the left here that i dont own a Cup no.

But i dont see how a cup is any more dangerous than any other 1*2, so its got no ABS, so what?

The entire time ive owned my Phase 1 i can genuinley say the ABS has been applied a handfull of times, the lack of ABS cannot be blamed for poor judgement/driver error (im not saying this is the case all the time)

But lets face it 9/10 its down to driving beyond ability or just plain driving too fast on the wrong road.

A bugatti veyron in snowy alps aye thats dangerous, a cup in a bit of Drizzle is hardly anything to get dizzy about:eek:

Mazda 323f 2.0 sport
cups are s**t in the wet.and seen a cpl a vids at crail on the quarter mile of a cup whippin a focus rs,both standard of course.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive

But i dont see how a cup is any more dangerous than any other 1*2, so its got no ABS, so what?

The entire time ive owned my Phase 1 i can genuinley say the ABS has been applied a handfull of times, the lack of ABS cannot be blamed for poor judgement/driver error (im not saying this is the case all the time)

But lets face it 9/10 its down to driving beyond ability or just plain driving too fast on the wrong road.

A bugatti veyron in snowy alps aye thats dangerous, a cup in a bit of Drizzle is hardly anything to get dizzy about:eek:

Give that man a Prize

Astra van,Mk1 nova

what i was kinda getting at mate is, imo clios are pish in any weather other than the dry and even then there twitchy little coonts! Its not a fact of OMG its doesnt have ABS, its that they are crap unless dry! goes for every 172, 182 and v6 one ive been in!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
have to disagree that cups are that bad....just be aware of conditions and dont let your balls get bigger than your brains....i would say get used to it before you go taking on a focus rs.. will be a good match but only in the right conditions, if you are inexperienced....(well who knows how you will end up)

Banana
My cup is fine in ANY weather conditions, as is any cup, provided your not driving like a dick. Not having abs and esp makes you a better driver imo.