ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Mods Oppinions??

182 Cup Soon !!!
Picking up the 172 soon, got a few little mods in mind. so here goes.

The car: silver 172,

The wheels: Hopfully the ASA AR1, (204/40/R17) ET38 in either Black with polished lip or plain silver (After seeing the lovely liquid yellow 182 with them)

Apex Springs to begin with and maybe Koni Sport dampers later.

And Yozza Sport Racing system with twin 3.5" Pipes and Viper induction kit.

What do ya think???

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Sounds good. Do you have a picture of the wheels? Also the tyre width, should that not be 205/40 as opposed to 204/40 (probably just a typing error, lol). Are you getting a decat pipe?

Tyson.

182BG
i would stick with 16inch wheels (start another huge debate lol)
exhaust system, either stealth or one as you have suggested, and make sure its cut into the bumper (looks better)
de-cat or a sports-cat.
Viper induction kit
Lower it.......... my opinions :)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Sounds like a good starting block but i'd maybe recommend saving your springs money and saving up for coilovers.
What else do you have in the pipeline or will it just be these mods?
John

182 Cup Soon !!!
The apex springs would be to lower 40mm, Not really keen on the idea of coilovers as 40mm is plenty and i know i wont be botherd altering them once there set.

Yes typo should be 205/40/. oh and the wheels look nice but only avaliable in 17s i think, and with them been of deep dish look 17s dont look too big.

Maybe later things such as 4-pots head work cams and Turbo/Throttle bodies

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I think the car handles well enough with the Cup suspension so lowering it slightly with stiffer springs will be a plus. I feel you have to spend a cool £800 on Coilovers to really notice a difference on track, and beside, Filby may never go on track? So imo springs will be fine.

Maybe look at Yozzasport brakes kits. £200 all in for better discs, pads, and hoses instead of £950 on Brembo 4 pots..

One thing i've always wanted to know is, if you bought 17 inch turini wheels (bearing in mind these are lighter than std 182 rims), would the car accelarate slower purely cos they are a larger rim, or quicker because they're a lighter rim?

Tyson.

182 Cup Soon !!!
Tyson-182 your right never gona go on track, so The konis and the Apex springs will be ok for sure.

I know most people would say stick with 16s. But i really do like the wheels im after. And in the past people i know have had 17s on smaller engine cars and its not made too much difference in either top speed or accelaration.

In fact on my brothers old 214si rover the jump from 185/65/R14s to 205/45/R17s made the car grip so much better from the get go and it cut out wheel spin all together.

Stick to 16s and as for the "coilovers are for track you'll never benefit on the road" or "coilovers make the ride unbearable" it's a load of nonsense! If you get the right kit it will be a noticeable improvement in ALL types of use and you shouldnt suffer poor ride comfort either. People who say otherwise tend to be those who've never owned coilovers or have only had the misfortune to own s**t ones.

Golf R/Leon FR
id go for the IK, springs and exhaust system, wheel wise i would stick to 16" and dark polished lip wheels always look smaller than they are.

Nike Lunar Elite's
Filby1 said:
The wheels: Hopfully the ASA AR1, (204/40/R17) ET38 in either Black with polished lip or plain silver (After seeing the lovely liquid yellow 182 with them)
Love those wheels, especially the gloss black with polished lip, pitty they dont come in 16s though. But if you want 17s then go for it :approve:

asa_ar1_blk_ci3_l.jpg

182 Cup Soon !!!
They are lovely wheels. Like i said there was a lovely yellow 182 with the silver ones on, Looked real nice.

As far as coilovers go: I know there great i know there the best. but like i said with 40mm been as low as i am going, and with me not wanting to strip the car down to change the settings or mess about with keeping the threds clean.

Think if anything il stick with the springs and dampers.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Coilovers have more benefits than just being able to lower the car loads or adjust, but decent springs and dampers will do a good job for less money.

I also prefer 16's to 17's, but those wheels are rather tasty looking. :)

182 Cup Soon !!!
The wheelas are indeed very nice, it a toss up at the mo between then and a set of Trophy Turinins 16s ....

Im stick need help