ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carbon Scheme...Does it work? (Picture Heavy)

I will put these on my progress thread, but more likely to get more opinions/replies in this section

Fitted a bunch of Carbon Fibre goodies - Grill, Front Badge, Rear Boot Badge/Catch, Rear Bumper Trim and Door Bullets
20006387974_76dabfa458_c.jpg
DSC_3682 1
by Jimbob_2705, on Flickr
20441366458_772c146542_c.jpg
DSC_3667 1
20635734441_f9fea4f704_c.jpg
DSC_3713 1
20008925813_7ba5561892_c.jpg
DSC_3654
20603832116_ac34960bd5_c.jpg
DSC_3673 1
20442622688_d25d2f7114_c.jpg
DSC_3700 1
20008724733_2388b90690_c.jpg
DSC_3644 1
20442360400_4998aa0a17_c.jpg
DSC_3635 1
20630734825_a5bed64d72_c.jpg
DSC_3669 1

Very undecided on the rear boot catch, not sure the lighter carbon fibre suits? Almost stands out too much...maybe normal black surround with Carbon Diamond would work better?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Really like the grill and the rear bumper trim. The front grill will be much easier to clean now too I imagine.

Personal preference - nobody can tell you what your opinion should be, you either like it or you don't.
I do agree with you, but would also something which would appeal to the majority at the same time,
Really like the grill and the rear bumper trim. The front grill will be much easier to clean now too I imagine.
I won't after to worry about any of this restore plastic stuff now which is the good news, just hoping I don't get many stone chips on it!
Personally i think all look great apart from boot catch, breaks the rear up a little too much
I think I agree with you there, going to see if I can fit the carbon diamond into my original black boot catch
I like it. Your car looks mint too
Cheers buddy! Just trying to keep on top of the cleaning and keeping it all tidy
Needs a carbon splitter :wink:
But yes, it works. Im biased as i had a fair bit of carbon on my old BG.
Don't go tempting me now haha! Got a fair few more carbon things I want now!

Best place to get a carbon splitter from?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Get a fabia one for a tenner and get it wrapped if need be.

The proper carbon ones are over a hundred, brittle and let's be honest how obvious are they that is carbon fibre

Titanium 182
I think that works, very well too. It's when someone wraps/adds a single item and expects it to fit in with the whole look of the car that it doesn't

Get a fabia one for a tenner and get it wrapped if need be.
The proper carbon ones are over a hundred, brittle and let's be honest how obvious are they that is carbon fibre
Good idea, one I hadn't thought of, but if I'm honest I don't really want to cut any corners if I can, and do it all properly
Normally I hate 'black on black', tacky darkened badges and carbon detailing, but on such a clean example like yours, it really really works. Don't change a thing lol.
Haha cheers buddy!
Looking good so far. Carbon fibre goes really well with a black car
I wasn't too sure at first, thought it looked a little too much black, almost chavvy, but it's growing on me
The K-Tec Racing one doesn't seem too bad of a price - Anybody compared it to the Streamline one? I would go for the gloss finish
I think that works, very well too. It's when someone wraps/adds a single item and expects it to fit in with the whole look of the car that it doesn't
Cheers buddy, I know what you mean

Clio 197
I would normally agree with this but a mate has a carbon fibre bonnet on his black car and it really suits it. I think it depends on the car it's done to tbh