ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Carputer wiring help

2004 Clio extreme
Evening,
Im currently at (What i hope will be) the final stage in my clio interior modding.. Installing a car-puter. Now my plan is to remove the stock radio display/clock, and modify the dash in order to incorporate a 7" tablet with built in gps and such..
DSC_0181.jpghowever when i took the dash off to have a look with what im working with i hit a snag..
I was hoping the radio display section would be a bunch of complex wires and the clock would be two or three wires.. in order to power the tablet i need to figure out which of these wires can be wired into a tablet charger - Which will then allow me to charge the device when the electrics are turned on. Is anyone able to offer some advice on the matter? I have a decent background in electronics an computers.. But without knowing the pin layout in these two plugs i fear this task is not possible using the clock as a power source..

Thanks.

2004 Clio extreme
Interesting.. do you have any images of your cigarette lighter setup? specifically the wiring. You may have me convinced here, though the clock will probably still have to go.. haha

2004 Clio extreme
Nice! Think i'll go with that idea then.. I don't suppose you could take a photo of your actual wiring behind that then? I figure the thick yellow wire is live but i cant seem to find anything on which of the other wires are which