ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic converter prices

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Drop me a message and I'll get you the best price mate. Dont f**k about with someone that asks for codes because 10/10 they wont know their arm from their arsehole

Appreciate the offer but cba posting them if the local scrap yards are going to be close in price.

Feel free to drop me a price if you want, Be a ph2 172 and a 182 cat.

172 cup
What's the going rate at the moment

The price of Platinum is quite high right now

Cheers Dan [emoji1303]

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
MoTs are going to be harder to fiddle in the future so it's likely people are literally selling the ability for their car to be used on the road,

fair enough if the car is genuinely being broken for parts .....but not just for a quick few quid.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
MoTs are going to be harder to fiddle in the future so it's likely people are literally selling the ability for their car to be used on the road,

fair enough if the car is genuinely being broken for parts .....but not just for a quick few quid.
What's changing?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
On the emissions side the gas analyser will communicate with DVSA while being plugged into the OBD port so no shoving the probe up the exhaust of Dorris' Honda Jazz parked next to the 800hp Evo 7 you're testing, also cameras live linked to swansea and brake rollers connected too.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
On the emissions side the gas analyser will communicate with DVSA while being plugged into the OBD port so no shoving the probe up the exhaust of Dorris' Honda Jazz parked next to the 800hp Evo 7 you're testing, also cameras live linked to swansea and brake rollers connected too.
Seems like a lot of work to catch the minority. Where did you hear this? Theyll be getting VAR out next to make sure the probe went all the way in 😂

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Equipment will only have to upgraded when new stuff is installed for the next few years, then it'll become mandatory to have it by 2025 ish , Halfords and kwik fit are upgrading regardless.

the problem is the amount of dodgy tests carried out is increasing year on year, so it was inevitable, DVSA would like to take Small schemes testing internal if they had the resources like they do with HGV, Trailers & PSVs,

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

I'd never buy a car that didn't have the oem cat

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I was offered £550 for my cars cat pre covid, think the going rate atm is around £400-450 via the buyer on facebook for ph2 cats. I have a new sports cat im going to fit to mine and sell the original cat once prices go back up after covid whenever that will be, got the sports cat cheap

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Or you plug it into the OBD of your car and the probe into Doris' Punto...

There will always be a way around it mate

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
how would you heat the dummy cat ? and the post cat oxygen sensor voltage wouldn't match the lambda

Or

Leave the f**king cat where it is .

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
I've seen a few posts on the fb groups offering £450 for a cat. Was a bit surprised they are worth that much tbh!
I've also heard theft of cats are increasing, mainly for hybrids.

172 cup
The reason revived this thread was for the exact reason the original person that started oit off for. I had a message on Facebook out the blue offering me 150 quid for it and me being me thought I would look into it hence finding this thread
So thanks go to him 🖒
I paid 300 quid for my 172 cup last week so it's fantastic to find out I could get my money back selling just the cat but I need it for an mot to find out if it's scrap or a saver
Thanks lads 🖒

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
The reason revived this thread was for the exact reason the original person that started oit off for. I had a message on Facebook out the blue offering me 150 quid for it and me being me thought I would look into it hence finding this thread
So thanks go to him 🖒
I paid 300 quid for my 172 cup last week so it's fantastic to find out I could get my money back selling just the cat but I need it for an mot to find out if it's scrap or a saver
Thanks lads 🖒

This is why I started the thread! Nice 1.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Another way around it then

The MOT station stick a cat like gauze on the sniffer so it always reads clean?
But why would a tester even bother just to fiddle a few mot's when he could lose that side of his business? He gets his £40 and the owner gets a fail, would you risk it for £40 off a stranger?
So thanks go to him 🖒
Thanks lads 🖒
A £300 cup? Who'd you steal that off? 😂

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I don’t do Facebook but a mate has a 172 that’s been sat a year and was going to scrap it (aux belt went & took out timing belt)

He’d be really pleased to get these prices for the cat alone for sure!

Do they have a business name?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
There will always be a way around it mate
should sail through its Diesel smoke test.......
IMG_20200405_171149.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Shitty aftermarket cat will usually scrape a pass if you flog the nads out of it on the way to the mot station, bolt it on the tailpipe if needs be :LOL: