ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cheap 172 rear silencers

A.N. Other
Are there any pattern-part exhaust brands that have proved better than others?

My cheap one from the local factors is falling apart, the outer material is basically shearing off at the hanger - I suspect they all have a tendency to do this?
It's only been fitted for a couple of months, and the rod always seemed too long, causing the box to hang quite low.

Can't really afford a fancy stainless one, should be getting this fixed for free by the garage that fitted it, but will request a particular brand if preferable?

I got a orginal renault one for about £130 just the rear. Not cheap I know but at least you know it will fit and it sounds ok. You might be better putting £30 in and getting a full SS as then it will last longer and sound better. That's second hand price

A.N. Other
Thing is i'm not bothered about having a noisy zorst/loud boomy one - infact I removed a Powerflow one for that reason.
I'll check the local dealer then, might see if Wests have anything to offer too.

Clio 197
I wouldn't touch another pattern part one after my previous one melted my bumper due to a shitty angle tail pipe