ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheapest ClioSport

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
Hi
Just wondering who got their ClioSport for the smallest amount of money (Good road car not track car or accident damaged)

I paid £2800 for private all standard '172' 2000 X reg in dark metallic blue
good condition MOT til June '06.

Using it as a winter hack as opposed to my Evo 8 MR and planning on small amount of mods to trackday next year. :D

Dave

Golf GTI 1.8T
How the hell?? My car was £3300 and when I bought it in may book price was £3800.
How many miles that got?

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Is that the phase 1 that had 130,000 miles on it.. if so i'm not surprised at the price?

mine cost more than double the price of yours. Had it 8 months.

It is in very good condition tho, very well looked after eh Andy? Heh.

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
daze said:

HPI clear, 2 owners from new, It has done 120k ( with FRSH up to 90K+) but is in good condition body work no kerbing on alloys wi nearly new 4x Goodyear F1 fitted, Interior all standard stereo + CD changer etc, Everything works windows, mirrors etc, No warning lights, Engine is nice no smoke, v. nippy, no undue rattles, Just given it a full service (Cambelt+pulleys, Aux belt, Plugs, Air filter, Oil+Filter) Little bit of play in bottom ball joint NS so changin both sides this weekend £49 each from Renault.
It was up at £3300 but wavin a wad of notes under the guy's nose seem to work wonders, Missus was pregnant and he needed a sale :D :D

So all in all thought I got meself a good buy :clap: :cheers: :approve: .

Dave

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
172 Dave said:
Ya check all the numbers add up........? Hate to be sceptical but that stamped number on a 172 always worth seeking out!

Do you mean the one under the windscreen checked out with the log book and HPI confirmed serial numbers on V5 and MOT certificates

Dave

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
Cannot see one under the drivers seat but 1 under windscreen matches the 1 on drivers door pillar, Handbook only shows these 2 places and not under drivers seat.

Dave

Clio 182
If you go off the mileage adjusted book prices you were had at that price mate.

Dealer £3188
Private £2363

So effectively the guy was charging more than a dealer should be charging and you ended up paying £437 more than the car was worth.

But as long as you're happy.

Clio 182
True but they are calculated as that for a reason. And a petrol engine with 120k on is getting towards the end of it's natural life. Depends on whether or not they were motorway miles I suppose but how can you prove either way.

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
From Glasse's own site:

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

hdr_vehicleSummary.gif

blackDot.gif

spacer.gif

Renault Clio Renaultsport 172
2.0 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
5 Speed Manual Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2000 X
Mileage: 120,000
spacer.gif

hdr_estimatedValue.gif

blackDot.gif

spacer.gif

Part-exchange Price:
Excellent condition:
£3630
Average condition:
£3220
Below average condition:
£2790

It aint below average condition so it'll do for me :D
Enjoyin 172 motorin for peanuts ;)
Plus its a winter runabout, Plannin on gettin fast road cams, uprated suspension etc and trackin it next year :approve:

Dave

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
unless its been wraged then i can guarentee you that ull be paying a whole load more out on repairs than its actually worth

Good price but at that milage unless you have a big file of receipts with the car i'd put money on you having a long and expensive list of things that will need replacing in the near future.

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
I'm sensin a lot of jealous negativity ;) , As I say its a winter hack, a toy and future track car, I have a £30K Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR as my main car, If the clio breaks I replace engine, scrap it/ throw it away for that sort of money :D :cool:

Dave

Not at all, well at least not from me anyway. Just some people have what they think is a bargin only to find out it's a moneypit waiting to happen thats all.

the guy gets a bargin so everyone tries to knock it?

I think for that car you have got a good deal - superb car in a rare colour! nice one

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Damn good price that. Even better if it's just a cheap toy for the week days!

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
Nightfire said:
:p it's not a clio sport clio, it's a renault sport. My car is a clio sport

Whoops sorry new to the ownership don't ya know :eek:

Petrol engine life got to be 200K+ wi regular servicin :approve:

{I think for that car you have got a good deal - superb car in a rare colour! nice one} Rare colour ?? just gets better :D

Will take some photo's and post but got front stripped at the mo puttin new lower wishbones on

Dave

PS Don't ya just luv smilies ;) :cool:

RenaultSport 172 Phase 1
172 Dave said:
Did ya find the stamped in number then?

Not sure were to look, Handbook says there only 2 identification plates 1 in window 1 on drivers door pillar, Had a look under the drivers seat but could not see a flap like on a Ford and the multichanger is in the way, any clue to actual location

Cheers
Dave

Good buy mate, even if the engine completely dies you can replace the engine fairly cheap now so not worth worrying about.

I thought I got a good buy on my Y reg Renault sport 172, one owner and 29k on the clock, frsh. I paid £6100 about 7 months ago. Its been great, had a few minor problems which were fixed easily but overall I was well pleased with my buy

Golf R/Leon FR
thats very cheap for 172 although id be put off by the mileage. i paid just under £6k for mine mk1 172 40k miles 7 months ago and that was from renault although they wanted £7.5k for it. so im pleased

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Christ! Good deal that mate!
We just took one in in work with 90k on it, absolute dog, fag burns, been keyed, wheels look like they've never been cleaned - EVER! and we gave £3800.
I paid 5150 for my own 2001 x reg, 16000 miles, silver, about three months ago.