ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Cup - Finished. (Half Decent Pictures at last! 56k - I wouldn't)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
resurrection.jpg

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
God I miss this car, it went to a lad in Cardiff in early 2010.

Long shot but has anyone seen it since? I told him about this site so there's a chance he may of came on here....:dapprove:

Havent seen this until now, it looked ace mate!

only thing I have to say... is that the wing doesnt look as though the paint has been matched very well?? different shade?

4043783054_7c33dc606a_o.jpg

Not a dig as it still looked awesome!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Cheers lads, I checked askmid and it's coming up as not insured........sob! Hopefully she's been treated to a new reg, can't bare the thought of her being written off.....:dead:

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I remember this back in the day. How nice did the prospeed sound on this!

Hope it's not written off

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Yeah I loved the sound of it! Shame about the sewing machine of an engine!

I've managed to get in touch with who I sold it to, he said he sold it to his mate in 2011, who had a crash and left it needing a new quarter, which he got done. He sold it 6months ago to someone else in Cardiff; so it's still out there. Sounds like it's had a hard life since I had it, probably in a right state now!

humph... :(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Shame really. Can't own them forever though can we :(

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Very true! But then cars have come and gone since this one and I couldn't give a flying f**** where they are now, I think because of all the money and hours I put into this one it's always going to be 'the one that got away' lol.

Thing is, I've got the money & driving experience for an actual 172/182 now but they just don't have the same appeal, I'd choose this over one of those anyday, I'd have never said that back when I had it! Very strange!

First car = First love.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I agree. My cyclone blue 1.2 was my first car. Had it for 4 years then got my 182. It's took nearly a year for me to finally properly 'gel' with the 182. I miss the 1.2. Not because of the fuel difference, but because of how much fun I had in it, was my first car, and I think the 1.2's are such good cars. If I could've kept it and paid for the 182 separately then I would have. I still see it about now too. It's exactly as it was when I sold it with the addition of a new dent on the rear quarter :( some fat trampy woman drives it.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Yeah wish I could have kept this aswell! Only reason I sold it was I accuired 2 step-daughters so it just wasn't big enough, now i've got 2 step-daughters and an 8 month old daughter of my own, family of 5 + clio = fail, wouldn't mind starting another rep project from scratch though, it was alot of fun! may try and pick up a clean 1.6 cyclone in the future and do it allll again and have a nice weekend car. Fat trampy woman! haha! at least it's still around though, mine went miles away! Cardiff has her now....

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Yes! Get on with doing another one. It's a good hobby/project ;)

BG FF 182
That does look smart, but I've never understood the whole making a car look like another car, when the money you've spent on doing that you probably could have purchased a real cup.
Hats off to you though.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
But insurance for a sport is crazy when your young. Plus cyclone blue looks great on sport bumpers. It's unique. Not many have done it with this colour car. And not to this level, it's great.

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
as above really! I was 18 when I got this car, 0 years experiance, 0 years no claims, insurance was 2k just for a 1.2, not a hope in hells chance in getting insured on a 1*2. It was expensive I guess, but worth every penny, I only kept the car for a year before moving on to a 2.0 307, which I regret massivly, wish I'd have kept this little beauty longer and got more enjoyment out of her!