ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique- New Thread

Monaco 172
okay, so been a while since any real progress, however, i have made some, bring on the haters but i got my windows tinted. Personally i really like them and think they make my car look alot smarter :)
oh and please excuse the dirt and terrible camera angles :p

SAM_0246.jpg

SAM_0245.jpg

SAM_0244.jpg

SAM_0241.jpg

SAM_0239.jpg

opinions and advice welcome as always :)

BlackGold 182
you bought the paints for colour coding yet mate? my mate is gonna be doing it soon and was wondering were you got your paint from? odyessy blue this is yea?

Grande 1.2
you bought the paints for colour coding yet mate? my mate is gonna be doing it soon and was wondering were you got your paint from? odyessy blue this is yea?

Im sure you can get them from halfords, look up the clio model in the book. or ebay. £7 a can i think

BTW looks smart mate! i think when the wheels are white itl look well nice! and once its lowered! :rasp: glad you like the tints mate, i think there looking good!

Monaco 172
just got back from halfrauds, they don't do odessey blue, which is a bit of a con, apparently they will mix it for me at £17.99 a can. which is a rip off compared to the £7.99 for all other colours :mad:
annoyed to say the least, anyway, i was thinking of sending them to the body shop to be painted as it will work out around the same price im hoping,
hope this helped anyway!

Grande 1.2
it will cost soooooooooo much more getting them done professionally if thats what you mean, if you dont wana paint it yourself your honestly better off buying blue side strips, and bumpers. you can find them cheap, ive been looking ;) and that halfords paint is a rip off a that price!! get on ebay

Monaco 172
it will cost soooooooooo much more getting them done professionally if thats what you mean, if you dont wana paint it yourself your honestly better off buying blue side strips, and bumpers. you can find them cheap, ive been looking ;) and that halfords paint is a rip off a that price!! get on ebay

you can buy them pre done? in oddessey blue? if so where from? :p and i wanted to do them myself, but refuse to pay so much for paint :/

Monaco 172
anyone know where to get odyssey blue paint so i can colour code? other than the obvious EBAY (mat) ;) also how much roughly would it cost to be CC'd professionally?

Grande 1.2
anyone know where to get odyssey blue paint so i can colour code? other than the obvious EBAY (mat) ;) also how much roughly would it cost to be CC'd professionally?

I was quoted 60 for each side strip, and 120 each for front and back bumper. Im not too sure about your paint, it must be a hard colour to find. i think in clifton moor they have a spray shop wich might mix the paint up for cheaper. cheaper than halfords anyway. google it, there must be somewhere online you can order it from

I have a feeling renault will be expensive:dead:

Monaco 172
havnt had a real update in a whileee...so here goes...

had these delivered today...
IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

i think they will look great when theyre on :) now just thinking about lows, how low should i go? :p

Monaco 172
okay so not too much progress just yet, managed to get two of the wheels on (long story)

so yeah, heres some pics of how she stands at the mo
IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

understand theyre not to everyones taste, but i like them, some people say their too small etc, i think they look good....desperate for lows now tho!

opinions and comments welcome as always :)

Grande 1.2
15" are the best! performance wise! haha im so tempted to put my steelies back on lol

these look nice mate, looked good today when i had a look after work

Monaco 172
15" are the best! performance wise! haha im so tempted to put my steelies back on lol

these look nice mate, looked good today when i had a look after work

paint yours anthra ;) with spacers and its sorted :p and hopefully ill have all four on by next weekend!!! :p

Grande 1.2
good stuff mate!! dunno i like mine silver now, and i think i might get some spacers for the back too yeah

Monaco 172
Okaaaay, new tyres today for my new wheels, will hopefully have all four on the car...AT LAST!! will get some pics up asap and let you know how it went....anyone reccoment tyres? 195/50/r15's pleaaase

Monaco 172
can anyone reccomend springs or coilovers, other than the obvious Rokkor/Raceland??

got my new wheels on, but looks like a monster truck :/

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i have some AP coilovers for sale for this car mate. they are a very good make and very highly rated on here of you look around

Grande 1.2
them lads on the corsa sight are worse than the ones on here!! hahhaha... they are a bit stupid too arent they "why sign upto clio sport forum, when you dont have a clio sport!!" f*cking idiots man!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
them lads on the corsa sight are worse than the ones on here!! hahhaha... they are a bit stupid too arent they "why sign upto clio sport forum, when you dont have a clio sport!!" f*cking idiots man!
?

Anyway, definitely needs lowering, you have worse arch gap than Gally atm. The tints are rank as well. Once it's lowered, and if the tints were gone, I think the white touches would look a lot nicer.

Monaco 172
?

Anyway, definitely needs lowering, you have worse arch gap than Gally atm. The tints are rank as well. Once it's lowered, and if the tints were gone, I think the white touches would look a lot nicer.

i have mates on the corsa forum, told me to put a thread of my car in the "other cars" part....and i really like my tints, just had them done so deffo not coming off :) and lows soon, i promise!! haha

Monaco 172
would anyone recommend changing the exhaust on a 1.2? seems a bit of a waste of money, but want a bit of noise :p any ideas?

White mx5 mk1!
If you want some noise then do it, I put some dirty sportex one on mine, it was cheap loved it on short drives but when it came to motorways I bloody hate it, but k-tec do some brilliant ones

MK3 GTI golf 16v
get an exhaust by all means but its a 1.2 so dont spend any money on one. jsut buy a back box, you dont need a full catback.

i put a cherry bomb on my old non sport. loved it, sounded amazing, was cheap as they come (£35 i think) and wasn't as loud as people moan about. probably no louder than my silenced 172 exhaust

Monaco 172
get an exhaust by all means but its a 1.2 so dont spend any money on one. jsut buy a back box, you dont need a full catback.

i put a cherry bomb on my old non sport. loved it, sounded amazing, was cheap as they come (£35 i think) and wasn't as loud as people moan about. probably no louder than my silenced 172 exhaust

ive been looking at a cherry bomb! defo not wanting a full system, as it will only be taken off when i come to sell, where can i get a cherry bomb in the UK though?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ebay mate, just cut the old back box off and weld it on, just need to buy some sort of bracket you can weld on top. i used two exhuast hangers welded together, worked a treat. cost me like £50 for the cherry bomb and to have it fitted and what not at my mates garage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHERRY-BOMB-EXHAUST-TAIL-BOMB-OTB3-5-UNI-/270707356586?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f076a73aa#ht_563wt_905

t
heres loads of different ones, when i ordered mine i phoned up to say what one i wanted. youll want basically the smallest inlet they do

Monaco 172
ebay mate, just cut the old back box off and weld it on, just need to buy some sort of bracket you can weld on top. i used two exhuast hangers welded together, worked a treat. cost me like £50 for the cherry bomb and to have it fitted and what not at my mates garage

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CHERRY-BOMB-EXHAUST-TAIL-BOMB-OTB3-5-UNI-/270707356586?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f076a73aa#ht_563wt_905

t
heres loads of different ones, when i ordered mine i phoned up to say what one i wanted. youll want basically the smallest inlet they do

ha thanks for your help mate, defo gona order these come pay day! :p

Monaco 172
okay so the time has come to put my car back to standard as im saving for a new car....so my wheels will be up for sale, message me for details if you are interested :)