ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 No.3 Project :)

Jap Box
Hi all,

Picked up my 3rd clio on saturday, yet again a 1.2 but have some other ideas for this one :)

Only picture I have so far:

600204_10150921673368853_443741426_n.jpg

Plans:

Clear repeaters
Wind deflectors
Sport spoiler
Colour code
New plates (rear one is cracking)
Sport headlights
Aero blades
Smooth bumpers + fog holes, de-badge front + rear, smooth over aerial possibly as its been snapped off anyway
Standard washer jets (Came with some light up chrome ones :dead:)
Drop it on either sportlines or coilovers
New alloys
Sport seats

Done so far:

LED sidelights
LED plate light
Sport interior handles + handbrake button
Removed chrome rear plate surround
Sony HU upgrade

Also needed two new front tyres so got these for cheap as a stop gap until I get a decent set, disgusting I know :(

002-4.jpg

Got the MOT next month so before any serious work goes on il be getting it through that first :)

C+C welcome as always, plus any ideas

Looks like you have great plans :) I'd add a good detailing on to that and possibly black highlights to contrast the silver car :) other than that just make sure you enjoy it :) keep us posted aswell :) I look forward to your first update :D

Jap Box
Looks like you have great plans :) I'd add a good detailing on to that and possibly black highlights to contrast the silver car :) other than that just make sure you enjoy it :) keep us posted aswell :) I look forward to your first update :D

Thanks, yeah il give it a good wash, wax, hoover etc when the wheels arrive, think il spray them black as ive got loads of paint left over.

Forgot to add, ive got a sub and amp to install too, will be doing the speakers also :)

Jap Box
New wheels arrives and got them on the other day, their not quite as chavvy as I thought they would be, but still horrible. Going to spray them black whenever I get some time off and the weather is decent :)

Stusweekendback022.jpg

Removed rear chrome plate surround:

Stusweekendback023.jpg

Sport interior handles:

Stusweekendback024.jpg

Got a sport spoiler on the way soonish along with an internal radio antenna so I can start on smoothing over the aerial hole.

Had the dogbone mount replaced today so the gearbox doesnt rock anymore :)

Got it checked over and it needs new rear brakes and a rear spring for the MOT so thats a great excuse to get lowering springs ;)

Suzuki Jimny
Out of interest, if this is your 3rd clio, and you had a 316, surely you're now old enough to insure a 1*2?

Jap Box
Out of interest, if this is your 3rd clio, and you had a 316, surely you're now old enough to insure a 1*2?

Would have thought this myself but all quotes ive been having are £2000+ so not at the moment.

21 next april so it might well drop by then

Jap Box
Oh good, another Grande ;)

What happened to the bonnet? Doesn't line up with the wing or headlight at all.

Yep, much better considering my last two were RN models with manual windows etc :rasp:

Its had a small knock at the front at somepoint, the mount for the headlight is cracked and I think the bonnet is bent up a bit, il try bend it back but failing that il just get a new bonnet as their cheap enough :)

I look forward to seeing how this develops :D Good luck with the wheels...

Thanks, im hopeing to buy some other 15"s and simply swap the tyres onto them but il see how it all goes.

Jap Box
Spoiler arrived today, wrong colour I know but its close enough for now, im sorting the paint out later :)

clio002.jpg

clio001.jpg

Rs200
take a trip to halfords black platic bumper paint spray everthing on the exterior that is black platic with that and it looks the nuts. just saying :)

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Kerry it's like De Ja vouz with you lol Another pants clio with shitty wheels. Save your money and buy a decent car!

Jap Box
why not save your money and put it towards a 172/182 next year, instead of wasting it on this?

Kerry it's like De Ja vouz with you lol Another pants clio with s**tty wheels. Save your money and buy a decent car!

I only do 20 odd miles a week now since ive moved closer to work so the extra on insurance/tax/running costs etc isnt worth it at the moment, ive got rent to pay too and want to keep up with my savings. Might get a 172 if insurance goes down when im 21 but its stupidly high now.

Jap Box
Woke up early today to a parcel arriving, FK euro lights :) got some rear lowering springs too, so just need to get the fronts next.

DSC00002.jpg

Unsure about them yet to be honest, might just be the picture but they dont look right, need some silvervisions too.

Jap Box
what colour is your car?i may have a sport spoiler in the right colour ;)

Platinum silver, its silver with a hint of blue. Cup spoiler? Ive already got the 172 one on there in silver, just a tad off colour so was going to spray it myself :)

DCI100
You'll never match that colour you're self mate, *trust me i've tried, the base coat will be fine its the blue on top which is a pain mate.

Best for a body shop to do it, if you want very smart results, personally i think some renault wheels would be better than them tsw's

good luck though bud :)

Jap Box
You'll never match that colour you're self mate, *trust me i've tried, the base coat will be fine its the blue on top which is a pain mate.

Best for a body shop to do it, if you want very smart results, personally i think some renault wheels would be better than them tsw's

good luck though bud :)

Yeah thats what everyones said, might just leave it with the black strips etc for now then.

Mate has a set of team dynamics I might buy soon seeing as the car passed its MOT today with no advisories :)

Fiesta ST + Clio 182
The lights look good. I got a set last week and they look much better. Only good after market lights I've found tbh.

Rb 182
A set of OEM Ph2 rear lights would look better IMHO. We've also got a sport kit kicking about that needs a new home. *winkingsmiley*

1.2 16V Dynamique
Sport kit Djw Dave? hhhmmmmm... may have to have a think about that one ;)

As for the lights I think they suit the car, just slightly different to the ph2 sets but it's nice to see subtle changes overall.

On the subject of lights, did anyone come across the ones that look like ph2 rears but have an LED ring around a reversing light rather than split the white circle in the middle in half? I saw them once on a video and dont know where theyve come or if they're just someone bodging another set.

Good luck with the fixxy-uppy :D

Jap Box
The lights look good. I got a set last week and they look much better. Only good after market lights I've found tbh.

A set of OEM Ph2 rear lights would look better IMHO. We've also got a sport kit kicking about that needs a new home. *winkingsmiley*

Sport kit Djw Dave? hhhmmmmm... may have to have a think about that one ;)

As for the lights I think they suit the car, just slightly different to the ph2 sets but it's nice to see subtle changes overall.

On the subject of lights, did anyone come across the ones that look like ph2 rears but have an LED ring around a reversing light rather than split the white circle in the middle in half? I saw them once on a video and dont know where theyve come or if they're just someone bodging another set.

Good luck with the fixxy-uppy :D

Thanks, just need silver visions now.

Passed its MOT with no advisories yesterday so things are on the up :)

Rs200
im undecided on the lights also, i think there a great aftermarket alternative but there is something about ph2 clusters and silvervisions that just top a ph1 of! get wheels abd lows ;)

Jap Box
Needs dual optics ;) ;) ;)

Yep it does, really short on money at the moment though and got creamfields to save up for next month so putting off big expenses for now :(

im undecided on the lights also, i think there a great aftermarket alternative but there is something about ph2 clusters and silvervisions that just top a ph1 of! get wheels abd lows ;)

Yeah, can always sell these on and get a set of PH2 rears anyway with cash my way hopefully :)

I think they suit some car colours more than others, not sure with this colour.

As above, needs d'optics.

Yep, angle of the picture doesnt really help, theyve grown on me now and look great in the night.

Also needs 172 door cards iirc. ;) ;)

Needs the whole interior to be honest, was that a hint that you have a set? :p

Flocking will also be on the cards for this one and if I end up moving back home in a month or two then il have enough to do a respray ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Have dual optics and 172 door cards, pm for a price you cant refuse ;) and can get them brought down in a few weeks ;) ;)

Jap Box
Have dual optics and 172 door cards, pm for a price you cant refuse ;) and can get them brought down in a few weeks ;) ;)

Now you really have tempted me, especially after going out to the car this morning and finding it no longer needs a new battery as its healed itself ;)

Jap Box
Another one dude! haha looks pretty tidy, plans sound good.

Yep! Even beter thing is ive just done a quote and in 3 weeks I can insure a 1.6 16v for only £5 extra a month, so might well get a clio si and tranfer the mods over from this then sell it on as I got it at a bargain price :)

Clio 1.2 mk2
sounds good mate. Still sticking to Ph1? Thinking of getting a respray on mine cus the paintwork is really poor but the mechanical side is really sound and insurance is still insane for a 172 so sticking with it for a few years. shame it's not red still

Jap Box
sounds good mate. Still sticking to Ph1? Thinking of getting a respray on mine cus the paintwork is really poor but the mechanical side is really sound and insurance is still insane for a 172 so sticking with it for a few years. shame it's not red still

Yeah PH1 is the way forward, not a fan of the PH2 front end to be honest, might go for a dash conversion eventually as thats the bit I do like on the newer ones :)

Im thinking of going for some kind of bronze colour if I ever did go for a respray, would rather do al the spray work myself but havent got access to a garage anymore so doing the rear quaters would be a right pain :(

Yep insurance on a sport is £3000 mark yet a 1.6 is only £650 :)