ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 FF Vs Civic Jordan

Sorry if this has been asked before.

What do you guys think the end result would be if i took on my mate in his Civic Jordan ?

Both cars are decatted with stainless systems and k & n filters.

Would it kill me when the Vtec kicks in ?

In not sure on figures, but when i had my 1.5 vtec SOHC EK3 Civic I had a bit of a play with my mates on 172 and I wasnt far off. SO for the Jordan it could be a close one-give it a try and let use now!!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
how do you know?

mower.jpg

Exige S1 + Honda S1
yea but you have a big engined one. The ep3 type r is about as small as I'd go.

I looked at buying a ek9 type r but at motorway speeds it gives up.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mines a 2.2. Feels good on the mway too. Alot say the EK9 dies after 100.

there's 2 Jordans that live near my (least I think they are... these are the yellow ones right?) and aren't they just a kitted up LSI or whatever they are? (1.6 VTEC)

Ph-Sold!
there's 2 Jordans that live near my (least I think they are... these are the yellow ones right?) and aren't they just a kitted up LSI or whatever they are? (1.6 VTEC)

Not quite, engine is 1.6 B-series DOHC VTEC, around 160bhp A genuine Jordan will be properly quick but the 172 will edge it in perfect conditions.

I thought they were a special edition VTi, with the jordan name plastered all over it.

Mock not, VTi is fairly nippy with a few simple mods.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate has a vtec del sol import sir thing with filter and exhaust and my 172 is quicker.

from 30 in 2nd the 172 edges forward straight away because of the torque, when the vtec comes in the 172 only slowly pulls but does keep pulling.e

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Jordans are heavy and not as quick as you would think for 160ish break (glamed up vti-s). Clio would be easily quicker in a straight line and round the corners.

CX-7,westfield,ix20
I've not had a play with one before but did have a play with a normal vti (modded) in my old 106 gti and tore him to shreds! Was on a windy road so think he was a pants driver but even on the straight bits I was pulling away (slowly) and anyone can drive in a straight line lol.

David

Rs monaco 172 mk2
im always racing this guy in his jordan... i always do his job.. its not really a match 4 my clio... but i must admit i do have fun..

The clio would have no bother against a jordan, when i had my williams a friend had a crx sir 168bhp and the 150bhp clio would comfortably beat it.

Tangoed Works
160/170 BHP the B16A produces. Should be close up to 60, 172 having it up to 100 I would have thought.

The fact that they have high bhp means nothing, they only achieve that because they rev so high, they have bugger all torque.

Get rid of your k&n and replace it with the standard airbox if you are going to have a blast with him

Ph-Sold!
The fact that they have high bhp means nothing, they only achieve that because they rev so high, they have bugger all torque.

How does BHP mean nothing? None of us describe our Clios in torque figures do we ;)

The Hondas have more than enough torque, ever seen a slow type-r (any kind)?

Mountune Tractor
Ha Ha, all the Honda haters!
The 1.6 VTI is a very capable engine and I think you'll find that the vtec kicks at about the same point that the clio picks up. lol.
As for a race....I'd expect the clio to win but it wouldn't be too far off. The jordan will benefit a hell of a lot more from the breathing mods than the clio. Both cars are gutless over 100 so can't really compare at those speeds.

what a ridiculous statement... the CTR has f-all torque and less power to weight than a 182, yet is just as fast if not faster to a ton and after that it lays the smack down on them. Integra Type R's have no torque and my mates DC2 made 200bhp @ the wheels with basic mods and would spank any stock Clio V6 included into the middle of next week! lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I was always led to beleive they have no torque and technically from figures they dont. But trust me, vtecs shift and torque isnt really a problem.

clio 172 cup
well if ur ever around kettering and c a old black civic tryin to race u, dont even botha its got a 1.6 vti turbo lump in it!!! found that out last nite lol bottom end it wasnt gr8 but that didnt last long and i found myself looking at his ass end burning away from me:( time to get me a jdm civic type r i think....

what a ridiculous statement... the CTR has f-all torque and less power to weight than a 182, yet is just as fast if not faster to a ton and after that it lays the smack down on them. Integra Type R's have no torque and my mates DC2 made 200bhp @ the wheels with basic mods and would spank any stock Clio V6 included into the middle of next week! lol

The b16 in the civic jordan is a very old design compared with the new i-vtec's in the type r etc, go and compare the ctr's torque compared with a 172 and they are very close although the clio's comes in a little lower. I have driven a few b16 engined cars and they are not as quick as the 168 BHP would make you think, they feel sluggish at low revs then only get good once screaming, anyway thats my opinion.

How does a dc2 with 200bhp spank a 255bhp clio v6??

Clio 172
There 158bhp with no torque, good engine for a 1.6 but against a 2.0 with much greater torque in a similar weighted chassis no competition