ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Modified, Cam belt snapped, idea of value?

Clio Sport / C2 VTS
Hi Guys,

As per the title, I have a Clio 172 2.0l 16v but I believe the cam belt has snapped, with modifications inc. Carbon fibre Bonnet, carbon fibre air filter, k-tec straight through stealth exhaust etc. Was hoping you could give me an idea of the current value?
-Around 90k
-Running at 189.6Hp
-No MOT.
Thanks in advance

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah, break it mate. It could be modified to death but no one wants to buy a car that doesn't move!

You believe the cambelt has snapped? Have you not looked? No compression in engine?

Clio Sport / C2 VTS
Yeah, break it mate. It could be modified to death but no one wants to buy a car that doesn't move!

You believe the cambelt has snapped? Have you not looked? No compression in engine?
I've had a mechanic have a look at at, this is his diagnoses, im unable to break the car as i don't have the time or resources! I guess put it on eBay and cross my fingers?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I've had a mechanic have a look at at, this is his diagnoses, im unable to break the car as i don't have the time or resources! I guess put it on eBay and cross my fingers?
Can you not see the cambelt just by looking under the bonnet? Surely you'd see if it's snapped/there/not there?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Let me know where you are and what price you're after if you do get rid.