ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 oil dilemma

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Hi peeps

Im going to be giving the cup a oil change soon but im wondering which one i should get?

1. Fuchs supersyn titan pro s 5-40
2. Elf evolution SXR 5-40

Ive seen the Elf for cheap on Ebay

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=330890205303&index=1&nav=SEARCH&nid=84797625083

But reading the discription it mentions only about diesel engines. If i get this is it the right one?

I cant seem to find 2 Types of this elf oil so im guessing it goes in petrol and diesel engines

Any help is much appreciated :)

53 Clio's & counting
Titan Pro S 100000%

But any good quality 5 w40 is fine, the Pro S is the next step up again

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Cheers russ. A few people have recommended this stuff even though its not the cheapest

Ive seen the Elf for £28 5 Litres on the link above but it dont mention petrol engines at all :-@

53 Clio's & counting
The Pro S is an awsesome oil - made the K series in my elise sound like it was barely running - so quiet.

Plus it smells great (Obviously one of the top things you look for in an oil lol)

Elf is ok - My Clio currently has Shell Helix VW PD Spec oil in it - still plenty good enough protection, and fully synthetic (Helps I can buy it for £1.60 a ltr lol)

It all depends on your budget mate - IMO always get the best you can - an ether based oil like the Pro S is a very very good oil - IMO well worth the extra money, but if you want to spend less then any decent 5w40 fully synthetic will be fine

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
The Pro S is an awsesome oil - made the K series in my elise sound like it was barely running - so quiet.

Plus it smells great (Obviously one of the top things you look for in an oil lol)

Elf is ok - My Clio currently has Shell Helix VW PD Spec oil in it - still plenty good enough protection, and fully synthetic (Helps I can buy it for £1.60 a ltr lol)

It all depends on your budget mate - IMO always get the best you can - an ether based oil like the Pro S is a very very good oil - IMO well worth the extra money, but if you want to spend less then any decent 5w40 fully synthetic will be fine

Cheers for the advice Russ you are a star lol

Is the Elf fully or semi?
Im defo tempted by the pro S. does it smell like cherries then lol,

fully synthetic is defo the way to go.

My cups been of the road since end of november so i gotta change the oil lol

53 Clio's & counting
Most likely fully syth mate if its 5w40 - most oils that viscocity are fully syth - id reccomend going with fully, it offers better protection

The Pro S is a very good oil!

Clio 197
The elf is the standard stuff Renault recommend , but as said get the best you can afford and change regular. I will be trying something different on my next service

Clio 172 Cup
I've used Mobile 1 0w40 fully synthetic for nearly 10 years, with over 100k on the clock it's never had any issues and it's still like new.