ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 phase 1 (W plate).. need replacement battery advice please!

Titanium ph1 turbo
Ok, went to open the car doors tonight with the remote, nothing...

Manually opens the car, key in ignition, faded lights and no starter motor.. pretty obvious the battery is almost dead.

Took the battery out, it's a Renault battery and says to check charge after 06.2007 (lol?).. could perhaps even be the original battery from new maybe... Anyway, I opened the battery and topped up the acid with de-ionized water.. it took about a cup-full over all 6 cells... got it on charge, but I'm guessing it's perhaps replacement battery time?

Had a look at Halfords on-line.. Bosch S5 with a 5-year guarantee is wait for it.. £89 fkin quid !!!... eBay has the same battery with free delivery for £59.. fkin Hal-frauds....

Anyway, WHAT is the best battery to get, and where from?? Any advice greatly appreciated.. need it pretty quick but don't mind waiting mail order if it's cheaper as I have another car in the meantime.

PB Clio 172
I would just go to a known garage and get a new battery. Got mine for £80 ish with a 3 year guarantee- Kwik fit :approve:

If you get any problem with a one online and you are muffed !

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Have you tried somewhere like eurocarparts or a local motor factors? Probably going to be cheaper there.

Titanium ph1 turbo
Actually the date on the battery was 2006, saying to check it if used after 2007 for charge.. ok, so the battery is like 6 years old. Is this the sort of end of life-span for a battery?

Just reserved a 063 S5 Bosch at Eurocarparts for £61.. will collect tomorrow. £89 at Halfrauds ;/

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I paid £55 from a local motorshop. Big fucker though and a pain in the arse to squeeE in, lol

172 PH1
As above, Euro Car Parts - Or similar local motor fators.

For reference we knock out 063's (the battery that is fitted to these) for £40-45 in VAT. (2 yr warranty)

Dont pay over the odds from halfrauds or similar.